Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade at East Kent Addicks

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Going back I don't think Bertie Mee played professional football,

Don Howe ran the team as head coach, Mee was a figure-head manager.

Lawrie Mcmenemy is a better example, but we are pulling names out from 50 years of football.

The main point is being able to hold together a dressing room. If it goes wrong, players will answer back with, "who did you play for then?". You need to be able back it up or have some coaches with decent playing records.

Kevin Nugent was a good player. Saw him playing for Leyton Orient U18s v Charlton at Meridian, before he become a professional. Very good CF with good hold up play. Orient had Warren Barton in the same team. Charlton had Leaburn, Pitcher and also Harmsworth in goal.

Was Mowgli mentioned??
    Don Howe was involved with England too for a bit wasn't he?
  • Options
    Anyone ask Slade about Driesen's emails about Crofts or the 22 out 11 in on a top six budget?
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt's insights on tactics make me realise why we don't start with Botaka. He doesn't track back.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt's insights on tactics make me realise why we don't start with Botaka. He doesn't track back.

Botaka might be a network/regime/Mowgli signing, and Brussell doesn't rate him as good enough.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Love to know who that midfielder was and what KM did to muck the deal up.

It was Louis Thompson as I said above & obviously we hung on for 2 months for him & they didn't loan him.
    thouht Thompson was yet another defensive midfielder? How many did Slade want... Plus given we Waited 2 months did no one suspect it may not happen and move on to another target?
  • Options
    Thompson is more box to box from what I've read.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Botaka might be a network/regime/Mowgli signing, and Brussell doesn't rate him as good enough.
    On loan from Leeds.
    If we didn't have so many walking footballers in our Midfield,
    at home at least we could overcome the fact that a winger doesn't track back all the time