Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Blackpool Manager Neil Critchley has left yo become Steven Gerrards Number 2 at Aston Villa. Is it just me that is surprised by this?? I personally don't get the move 
    Weird one.

Beale leaves to be a no1 at a Championship club, Critchley does the opposite.
  • Options
    Blackpool Manager Neil Critchley has left yo become Steven Gerrards Number 2 at Aston Villa. Is it just me that is surprised by this?? I personally don't get the move 
    Weird one.

Klopp leaves Liverpool in 2024, Gerrard takes over and Critchley is the new Villa numero uno
  • Options
    That's the end of Kirk's possible move to Blackpool  he was with Critchley at Crewe and went to Blackpool when he went there.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    That's the end of Kirk's possible move to Blackpool  he was with Critchley at Crewe and went to Blackpool when he went there.
    Kirk to Villa will be the next thing you read on the Summer Rumours thread.
  • Options
    Think of Garner comes in, he’ll do everything he can to make Kirk feel loved and comfortable. CBT and Kirk could be important for the way he would like us to play.

If Kirk wants to move it’s only going to be back up north and with Critchley gone to Villa, that move he wanted to Blackpool is off. What other club is there up north in that area of the country who might take him? Only League One club I could think of would be Bolton.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Think of Garner comes in, he’ll do everything he can to make Kirk feel loved and comfortable. CBT and Kirk could be important for the way he would like us to play.

If Kirk wants to move it’s only going to be back up north and with Critchley gone to Villa, that move he wanted to Blackpool is off. What other club is there up north in that area of the country who might take him? Only League One club I could think of would be Bolton.
    CBT (as long as he does get injured in Spain) one side and Kirk on the other could be really good imo as long as the Manager can get Charlie boys head in the right place so he wants to play for us. Midfield of Dobson, Frazier, Gilbey ( I know 😂 ) could be very good with those two as outlets 
  • Options
    Weird one.

Klopp leaves Liverpool in 2024, Gerrard takes over and Critchley is the new Villa numero uno
    I doubt it

Choosing to leave a managerial job (which was going well at a club on the up) to become an assistant again makes me question whether he wants to be the No 1, whether he wants the responsibility
  • Options
    Weird one.

More likely Critchley thinks that scenario will happen and he’ll get to join Gerrard and be Liverpool no.2 which will be a dream role for him.

It’s a brilliant move by Gerrard, Critchley is an outstanding coach who’s worked wonders at Blackpool. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Weird one.

More likely Critchley thinks that scenario will happen and he’ll get to join Gerrard and be Liverpool no.2 which will be a dream role for him.

It’s a brilliant move by Gerrard, Critchley is an outstanding coach who’s worked wonders at Blackpool. 
    Speaking to Lavelle in April, was saying that Critchley is very highly thought of in football and gets the best out of the players he has. Lavelle is also a Blackpool supporter so had an added interest in what Critchley is like.

I make it a good move for him. He’s proved to be very good as a number one but goes as a number two in a Premier League job earning very good money, working with some top players, and if he wants to go back as a number one, his record at Blackpool will still encourage clubs.
  • Options
    Weird one.

Klopp just signed a new contract extension a few weeks ago to 2026. He's not going anywhere for years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hartlepool United are delighted to announce that Paul Hartley has been appointed as the clubs new Manager.

Hartley (45), has been promoted five times as a manager and joins from Cove Rangers in Scotland following two promotions and leading the club to their highest ever league position in the Scottish Championship.

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/june/pools-appoint-paul-hartley/

• Options
    April Fool's!!! Oh wait
  • Options
    Arsene Wenger, eat your heart out 
  • Options
    Crawley Town Football Club is delighted to announce that Kevin Betsy has been appointed as the new first-team manager of the club. Betsy has joined the Reds on an initial two-year contract, having spent the previous season with Arsenal, where he managed the Under-23 side to a top-three finish in Premier League 2. 
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2022/june/club-appoint-kevin-betsy-as-manager/
  • Options
    clive said:
    Crawley Town Football Club is delighted to announce that Kevin Betsy has been appointed as the new first-team manager of the club. Betsy has joined the Reds on an initial two-year contract, having spent the previous season with Arsenal, where he managed the Under-23 side to a top-three finish in Premier League 2. 
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2022/june/club-appoint-kevin-betsy-as-manager/
    Another new manager who learned his trade in academy/youth football, having also worked in the England youth setup
  • Options
    clive said:
    Another new manager who learned his trade in academy/youth football, having also worked in the England youth setup
    Could be very decent appointment if he follows in the footsteps of Cooper and Edwards from that path.
  • Options
    Andrew Crofts Brightion U23 Coach in frame for Swindon job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not even going to click on it.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    That would make a lot of sense.

I see Grayson has already left Blackpool and gone to India

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    That would make a lot of sense.

I see Grayson has already left Blackpool and gone to India

But Ronnie Moore said he was going to Blackpool. I'm guessing bengaluru translates to Blackpool?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    That would be  a great  move for Rosenior, leaving the Derby madhouse and getting a Championship job as his first management role
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Poch leaving PSG.  
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Poch leaving PSG.  
    If only TS had waited a little while longer.......😃
  • Options
    Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff is leaving the club to take over at League One rivals Barnsley, reports BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61783557
  • Options
    clive said:
    Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff is leaving the club to take over at League One rivals Barnsley, reports BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61783557
    Which is why it's hard for smaller clubs to compete above their natural level for very long, as their managers or best players soon get picked off