Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    I've also posted this in the non league thread, Dartford have sacked Steve King

• Options
    Vincent Kompany apparently going to Burnley.

Odd one, as many have said, Burnley look in a very poor position given financial issues etc.
  • Options
    Burnley look in a terrible position. Going to be a tough gig as mostly everyone who will stay are squad players who command a big wage. Struggling to see Stephens, Barnes & Lennon being shifted or playing well in Championship.

Genuinely see them fighting in bottom of the table next year.
  • Options
    I can't see Kompany suiting the style of the players there either, assuming that after all those years at City, he wants more of a passing style
  • Options

Odd one, as many have said, Burnley look in a very poor position given financial issues etc.
    Wonder if he will try and bring Cullen back
  • Options

Seems that as his wife is from Manchester, they were keen to move back to the north west. 

Big job on his hands given their financial problems. He's a big name though and should be able to attract some players they might not necessarily have been able to get. For a start he's still really close to Pep so i'd say there's certainly a chance of getting a couple of Man City kids on loan.
  • Options

Imagine the City job will be coming up soon as can’t see Pep lasting past another 2 or 3 seasons. Probably the best opportunity to try and build up some experience to get on the shortlist for that position.
  • Options

Imagine the City job will be coming up soon as can’t see Pep lasting past another 2 or 3 seasons. Probably the best opportunity to try and build up some experience to get on the shortlist for that position.
    No way would City go for someone who was managing Burnley though, even if he was a legend. He's need to move up a level after Burnley to be in contention
  • Options

No way would City go for someone who was managing Burnley though, even if he was a legend. He's need to move up a level after Burnley to be in contention
    100%. City would surely be looking for the likes of Zidane or whoever is flavour of the month in a couple of years time.
  • Options

100%. City would surely be looking for the likes of Zidane or whoever is flavour of the month in a couple of years time.
    Ben Garner ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pete Wild leaves Halifax 
  • Options
    Any news over at Swindon? Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Any news over at Swindon? Asking for a friend.
    Yes. Sausagedog11 on Twitter who broke the news that we interviewed Garner has since said he's left Swindon.

• Options
    clive said:
    was he wild ? .. well he wasn't all that pleased  o:)
  • Options
    Newly promoted Forest Green Rovers have appointed Notts County boss Ian Burchnall as their new head coach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61562949
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Newly promoted Forest Green Rovers have appointed Notts County boss Ian Burchnall as their new head coach.

That's quite a leap, from NL to a newly promoted L1 side.
  • Options
    so a fellow League One side have appointed a manager whose team last season finished fifth in the National League. And some were moaning about Garner and Swindon failing in the play offs. FGR fans must apolcolaptic on Forest Green Life. 
  • Options
    so a fellow League One side have appointed a manager whose team last season finished fifth in the National League. And some were moaning about Garner and Swindon failing in the play offs. FGR fans must apolcolaptic on Forest Green Life. 
    a determined Grimsby unexpectedly beat Notts C in the Nat League playoffs this week .. County are a good side if a little lacking in defence .. Dale Vince has a history of appointing youngish managers/coaches from lower/non league clubs .. I expect Burchnall will do a good job, he'll certainly be well financed and be expected to go vegan, if he's not already :)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

That's quite a leap, from NL to a newly promoted L1 side.
    Notts County is near my neck of the woods and I know a lot of fans have wanted him sacked for a while, even before they lost out in the play offs so a little surprised at this news. 

He plays very possession based football and I know a few fans think his style doesn't suit the National League, which in fairness is actually a much higher standard than people give it credit for, however still very physical.

An interesting appointment though, FGR got their last one spectacularly right so good luck to him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Forest Green are slightly more limited in respect of managerial choices given they insist the manager buys into the players having the vegan diets etc.

• Options
    I wonder if Forest Green are slightly more limited in respect of managerial choices given they insist the manager buys into the players having the vegan diets etc.

This might well be true. However a vegetarian diet in itself is not nutritionally limiting.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This might well be true. However a vegetarian diet in itself is not nutritionally limiting.
    Where am I supposed to get my taurine from?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Didn't say it was.
  • Options

KELTY HEARTS FC ACCEPT MANAGER’S RESIGNATION

Manager, Kevin Thomson, and Assistant Manager, Kevin McDonald, have today tendered their resignations which have been accepted by the club board.

Over recent weeks it became apparent that Kevin’s aspirations lay away from Kelty Hearts Football Club.

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/kelty-hearts-fc-accept-managers-resignation/

• Options
    Have no fear FGR fans. CL fans will be apoplectic on your behalf. 👍
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Where am I supposed to get my taurine from?
    What are the nutrients that only exist in taurine and nowhere else?
  • Options
    Blackpool Manager Neil Critchley has left yo become Steven Gerrards Number 2 at Aston Villa. Is it just me that is surprised by this?? I personally don't get the move 
  • Options
    Blackpool Manager Neil Critchley has left yo become Steven Gerrards Number 2 at Aston Villa. Is it just me that is surprised by this?? I personally don't get the move 
    Both at Liverpool together  and more money at Villa. Plus Blackpool maybe won’t be that strong next season and it’s the right time and opportunity to move on 
  • Options
    Suprised QPR didn't just go for Critchley.......