Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Damn they may actually hire someone competent 
  • I saw a list of odds headed by Paul Cook, followed by Nigel Pearson, Tony Pulis and Danny Cowley.

Cook did wonders at Wigan, while Pearson is a former Wednesday Captain.
  • I saw a list of odds headed by Paul Cook, followed by Nigel Pearson, Tony Pulis and Danny Cowley.

And unfortunately all 4 of those keep them up.

We need them to go with a Sol Campbell or an Andy Cole

Or Jonathan Woodgate, who was doing a great job at Boro...
  • Pearson would be a very appointment but think he can do better.
  • That's a shame Monk was doing such a great job
  • Wendies have sacked Monk
    That is ridiculous. They gained 12 points this season and they could be in the top 2 in a couple of weeks. Who are they gonna replace him with? I reckon odds on it will be EFL or Rick Parry as the new Manager. 
  • Pearson would be a very appointment but think he can do better.
    Hasn't he managed them once before?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Pearson would be a very appointment but think he can do better.
    No they are one of the 4 league clubs he hasn't managed yet.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Pearson would be a very appointment but think he can do better.
    he played a lot of games for them way back when 

• That’s a very big job for Sol should he get it. 
  • That’s a very big job for Sol should he get it. 
    Massive
  • I've seen Pulis, Paul Cook and the Cowleys all linked with the job. Surely Campbell would be way down the list.

Sol’s record at Southend + hatred for sheff wed = I’ll drive him there myself
    You won’t, because I will. 

Sol’s record at Southend + hatred for sheff wed = I’ll drive him there myself
    You won’t, because I will. 
    Saves me a job!
  • Wigan boss John Sheridan is set to become Swindon Town's new manager.

Sheridan, 56, is working on a month-to-month contract with the Latics, who remain in administration.

The club's prospective new owners want Sheridan to stay, but until the Football League approve their takeover they cannot make any offer.

Sheridan's present deal expires this week and he has told the club's administrators he has decided to accept Swindon's offer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54906887

• Sponsored links:

• John Sheridan. Mr Loyal.

Swindon will be his 11th managerial job since 2015!! 4th different club just this year!

Swindon will be his 11th managerial job since 2015!! 4th different club just this year!
    Wasn't it Tommy Docherty who on being asked how many clubs he'd managed said, "I've had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus".

• I just googled Tommy Docherty, wondering what had happened to him in recent years ...... and found out he's still going, 92 years old.

Big name when I was a kid. Proper football character, both as player and manager, in his time.

They both deserve each other.

In this case you can't blame him. On a monthly contract with Wigan, and the new owners (if the takeover EVER goes through) might have their own man lined up anyway

In this case you can't blame him. On a monthly contract with Wigan, and the new owners (if the takeover EVER goes through) might have their own man lined up anyway
    No can't blame him for that. Give it another 6 months though, he'll probably be back at Oldham. Seems to get bored and go back there every few years.
  • Oggy Red said:
    John Sheridan. Mr Loyal.

Wasn't it Tommy Docherty who on being asked how many clubs he'd managed said, "I've had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus".

• Oggy Red said:
    I just googled Tommy Docherty, wondering what had happened to him in recent years ...... and found out he's still going, 92 years old.

Big name when I was a kid. Proper football character, both as player and manager, in his time.

Astonishing that he is still with us!  Songs about Tommy Docherty's dalliance with Mrs Brown were sung in the Covered End 50 years ago...
  • Sheridan confirmed at Swindon, a contract until the end of the season, so not exactly a massive vote of confidence in him!
  • Sheridan confirmed at Swindon, a contract until the end of the season, so not exactly a massive vote of confidence in him!
    Isn't that a long term one by his standards?