Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

They've scored 29 conceded 16 GD +16

29-16= 13 ;-0
  • Options

This is the perfect game for a total boycott.
    No demonstration
    No chanting
    No pigs
    No nothing just a completely empty stadium

I agree

After the shambles of Colchester last year, when we took thousands, look how that ended...

Don't think I can muster up any enthusiasm for this one.

Might be a trip to the Darts - at least there will be some atmosphere at Princes Park
  • Options
    Sunny at home - doesn'the get better than that. 27111 crowd.
  • Options
    There's not much worse than drawing a northern team from the same division. Boooorrrriiiinnnnnggggg.

Total boycott and an official home attendance of 2. Seb and Sue. Well 1 actually, because Sue won't pay.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

RedChaser said:

They've scored 29 conceded 16 GD +16

29-16= 13 ;-0
    Oops, transposed the figs sb F 29 A 13 = +16. Note to self must get up earlier than Oohaa.........scrap that he doesn't always sleep right through :wink:
  • Options
    The money is less relevant than the message an empty stadium will send. Could we get a complete home boycott, could we ????

Surely the game to try and organise a full boycott. Shouldn't be hard tbf.

I might well be out of touch but I thought FA Cup games were split third home club, third away club and third FA, so not the game to damage RD so much.
  • Options
    You'll never get a complete boycott as the ridiculous Checkatrade games prove but even if we were doing well a home tie v Scunthorpe is hardly going to attract the masses
  • Options

I'm going to be in London. Normally I'd look forward to going but I think I'll boycott.

I might well be out of touch but I thought FA Cup games were split third home club, third away club and third FA, so not the game to damage RD so much.
    Maybe, but there's additional income as season ticket holders have to pay. Perfect game for a boycott and for once I can speak as a potential participant as I'll be in London.
    Can you just clarify that you'll be in London?
    Good spot. First line wasn't meant to go through. Now edited. And for clarification I will be in London!!! Unless it's changed to the Sunday in which case I'll be on a plane.
  • Options
    dartford have a good chance of getting through, mates dad is the manager so like to see them do well.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

dartford have a good chance of getting through, mates dad is the manager so like to see them do well.

Tony Burman?

Former Charlton player. 'Killer' Hales' initial replacement when he was sold to Derby County all those years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored at Millwall on Boxing Day, was that his debut?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Scored at Millwall on Boxing Day, was that his debut?

If it wasn't it was very soon after.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Tony Burman?

Former Charlton player. 'Killer' Hales' initial replacement when he was sold to Derby County all those years ago.
    yep that's him, longest serving manager in the top 6 tiers of English football i believe.
  • Options
    Worst possible draw for Charlton but the best outcome for the reigme-change seekers:- Total boycott required for the Scunny cup game.
    Why would any of us want to go watch the iron roll smoothly over the team masquerading as Charlton Athletic?
    Cup attendances have been piss poor and weakening over recent seasons anyway but this game is the perfect opportunity to get the ticket sales down as close to zero as possible.
    It will be really disappointing if more punters cough up for this one than did for the checkatrade fiasco.
    There will inevitably be a few punters who still hold the FA Cup dearly. "Good money for the club..." and all that outdated BS, so achieving a nil home attendance is unrealistic but here's to getting it down below 1000.
    BBC's cameras will be in attendance, even if just to show Scunny's B team rack up a cricket score, and they provide another national window on the protests and the causal issue. Maximum protest, maximum coverage of protest + minimum home attendance at the match.

On more edifying matters: Tony Burman = top bloke, shame Dartford also got a tough draw without a chance for a big earner or notable giant killing. Much as I want Elliot Bradbrook to carry on doing what he does for The Darts, I'm sure he'd be much more useful and effective than Crofts in Charlton's engine room and that Foley lump ain't fit to clean Elliot's boots. But without any competent scouts how could Charlton spot him, right on their doorstep?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Bradbrook must be on even Driesens radar surely :wink: .
  • Options

Worst possible draw for Charlton but the best outcome for the reigme-change seekers:- Total boycott required for the Scunny cup game.
    Why would any of us want to go watch the iron roll smoothly over the team masquerading as Charlton Athletic?
    Cup attendances have been piss poor and weakening over recent seasons anyway but this game is the perfect opportunity to get the ticket sales down as close to zero as possible.
    It will be really disappointing if more punters cough up for this one than did for the checkatrade fiasco.
    There will inevitably be a few punters who still hold the FA Cup dearly. "Good money for the club..." and all that outdated BS, so achieving a nil home attendance is unrealistic but here's to getting it down below 1000.
    BBC's cameras will be in attendance, even if just to show Scunny's B team rack up a cricket score, and they provide another national window on the protests and the causal issue. Maximum protest, maximum coverage of protest + minimum home attendance at the match.

On more edifying matters: Tony Burman = top bloke, shame Dartford also got a tough draw without a chance for a big earner or notable giant killing. Much as I want Elliot Bradbrook to carry on doing what he does for The Darts, I'm sure he'd be much more useful and effective than Crofts in Charlton's engine room and that Foley lump ain't fit to clean Elliot's boots. But without any competent scouts how could Charlton spot him, right on their doorstep?

This team masquerading as Charlton got a draw at Scunthorpe just a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Saturday November 5th 3pm
  • Options
    They'll be fireworks about that day for sure.
  • Options
    Charlton’s first-round Emirates FA Cup tie against Scunthorpe United will kick-off at 3pm on Saturday, November 5th.

The Addicks were drawn against the Iron in Monday evening’s draw, which was shown live on both BT Sport and BBC Two.

Next month’s meeting will be the two sides’ second match-up of the season, having already contested a goalless draw in League One, and ticket prices have also been confirmed.

The West Stand Lower, North Stand Lower and South Stands will be open for the game and seats are priced at £10 adults, £5 over 65s and under 21s, and £1 under 18s. Tickets will go on sale on Monday morning and they will be available to purchase by visiting The Valley in person, by phone on 03330 14 44 44 or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Should a replay be required to decide who progresses into the second round, that will be contested on Tuesday, November 15th (7.45pm).
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-fa-cup-scunthorpe-united-3374566.aspx#GWKf3ygRMciHblbE.99
  • Options

I'll help out here. I'm not going!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton’s first-round Emirates FA Cup tie against Scunthorpe United will kick-off at 3pm on Saturday, November 5th.

The Addicks were drawn against the Iron in Monday evening’s draw, which was shown live on both BT Sport and BBC Two.

Next month’s meeting will be the two sides’ second match-up of the season, having already contested a goalless draw in League One, and ticket prices have also been confirmed.

The West Stand Lower, North Stand Lower and Jimmy Seed stands will be open for the game and seats are priced at £10 adults, £5 over 65s and under 21s, and £1 under 18s. Tickets will go on sale on Monday morning and they will be available to purchase by visiting The Valley in person, by phone on 03330 14 44 44 or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Should a replay be required to decide who progresses into the second round, that will be contested on Tuesday, November 15th (7.45pm).
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-fa-cup-scunthorpe-united-3374566.aspx#GWKf3ygRMciHblbE.99

• Options
    So its...

Eastleigh v Swindon Town (BBC on the Friday Night)
    Merstham v Oxford United (BT Sport on the Saturday Lunchtime)
    Southport v Fleetwood Town (BT Sport on the Monday Night)
  • Options
    I infer from the Club's statement that the East Stand is shut as well. I don't remember that happening before for an FA Cup game.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I infer from the Club's statement that the East Stand is shut as well. I don't remember that happening before for an FA Cup game.

I thought it was very common. It was closed when we played Carlisle in the fa cup 2nd round and Preston in 2nd round of league cup.
  • Options
    balls and teams for tonights draw on bt sport 7.10pm;

1 Sheffield United
    2 Millwall
    3 Dagenham & Redbridge
    4 Oxford United
    5 Taunton Town or Barrow
    6 Southport or Fleetwood Town
    7 Yeovil Town or Solihull Moors
    8 Woking
    9 Sutton United
    10 Macclesfield Town
    11 Port Vale
    12 Northampton Town
    13 Cambridge United or Dover Athletic
    14 Westfields or Curzon Ashton
    15 Milton Keynes Dons
    16 Gillingham or Brackley Town
    17 Alfreton Town or Newport County
    18 Wycombe Wanderers
    19 Maidstone United or Rochdale
    20 Bury or AFC Wimbledon
    21 Carlisle United
    22 Boreham Wood or Notts County
    23 Plymouth Argyle
    24 Braintree Town
    25 Hartlepool United
    26 Bolton Wanderers
    27 Accrington Stanley
    28 Oldham Athletic
    29 Eastleigh or Swindon Town
    30 Shrewsbury Town
    31 Morecambe or Coventry City
    32 Crawley Town or Bristol Rovers
    33 Whitehawk or Stourbridge
    34 Chesterfield
    35 Lincoln City
    36 Luton Town
    37 Charlton Athletic
    38 Cheltenham Town or Crewe Alexandra
    39 Peterborough United
    40 Blackpool

matches to be played weekend of 3rd december.
  • Options
    Draw is also on BBC2.
  • Options
    wouldnt mind Carlisle away
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley is my bet
  • Options
    Accie or Morecambe please.
  • Options
    Millwall would be good