Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Port Vale v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    The man is a total goon
    Wtf were those substitutions all about
    I bet vale couldn't believe their luck(or any manager would be that clueless) when josh and ricky were subsituted
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Has no one realised that Fox was at fault for yet another goal, if he had cleared it properly instead of waving a foot at it, Lennon would never have had to make that tackle. I don't understand how Fox is a professional football player, especially with the young talent that's not being scouted these days. Fox is awful!

cafc4life said:

Just watched the highlights from last night. Fox at fault again after slicing the ball in his own box.What a shit shit player he really is.

I dislike Fox's lack of ability too at times, but to blame him for another player committing a foul, that gave away a penalty is ridiculous.

Maybe Lennon should learn to tackle cleanly rather than bundling through his man.

Great to see all the armchair fans ripping into Fox he was very very good last night,but heyho let the haters hate

• Options

PopIcon said:

Just got back in.

I've never seen us miss so many sitters, was painful.

I think Slade got us playing some really decent football last night, very positive.
    Shame we have so many players who cannot hit a barn door. Should have been a very comfortable win.

So the two dropped points were really the players fault rather than the managers in your opinion?

100%
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    RedChaser said:

Rizzo said:

Not one "Roland Out" during the entire evening, but Katrien got a few mentions and an older woman in front of us was clearly upset by this and turned to face the masses and made it very clear that she did not feel attention of this sort against our CEO was acceptable, telling them to shut up. Confused.

Sue Parkes?

Not sure but If it's the woman I'm thinking of she's got previous in with the away following with her 'Shushing and be quiet' little outbursts.
    I thought one of the issues people had with Sue was that she was in the Directors box at away games, so it could not be her .. Or maybe she had a twin!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Just got back in.

I think Slade got us playing some really decent football last night, very positive.
    Shame we have so many players who cannot hit a barn door. Should have been a very comfortable win.

So the two dropped points were really the players fault rather than the managers in your opinion?

100%
    Good to hear from someone who was actually at the game as opposed to people letting off their frustrations from the safety/comfort of their living/bedrooms...
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights, poor shank from Fox. What on earth was Lennon playing at, the bloke still had to beat two players!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Just got back in.

100%
    Though when we've drawn 7 out of 13 it does suggest Slade may need to do something different. This squad should at least be in the top half of the table.
  • Options

Though when we've drawn 7 out of 13 it does suggest Slade may need to do something different. This squad should at least be in the top half of the table.

With our midfield? Top-half, really? We have a decent defence and a good keeper but midfield pedestrian and we don't have a 20 goal striker you need in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slade is so predictable, on Saturday he made a negative substitution, Jacko for Novak and got away with it, last night he did the same and we last 2 points.

Lack of wins is killing us. Our GD is as good as many of the top 6 teams but without getting the 3 points we're nowhere
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Leuth said:

We have a 20-goal striker on the bench. I reckon Magennis might get 20 as well. Ulvestad is one of the best CMs in the league. We're THIS close to being a really good side. It's frustrating.

If Manager,I would work Morning and Afternoon with Ajose until the player who scored all those goals for Swindon showed up.
    If he'd hit the ground running we would've cruised into the top 6.
    But it's the managers job to create a formation to get the best from him.
    not just demote him to 5th striker in the pecking order after an indifference start.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

With our midfield? Top-half, really? We have a decent defence and a good keeper but midfield pedestrian and we don't have a 20 goal striker you need in this division.

Midfield pedestrian? Lookman, Ulvestad, Botaka and Holmes? I agree about Crofts, Foley and Jacko on pace... but the whole midfield... Just no.

We've almost got what we need.

We need to line up something more like this with that one CM position sorted:

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Holmes Ulvestad Interchangeable Lookman
    Magennis Ajose

Would it be worth trying Konsa as DCM I believe he has played there for the youths.

He's better than Lennon imo and more versatile.
  • Options

Leuth said:

We have a 20-goal striker on the bench. I reckon Magennis might get 20 as well. Ulvestad is one of the best CMs in the league. We're THIS close to being a really good side. It's frustrating.

If Manager,I would work Morning and Afternoon with Ajosie until the player who scored all those goals for Swindon showed up.
    If he'd hit the ground running we would've cruised into the top 6.
    But it's the managers job to create a formation to get the best from him.
    not just demote him to 5th striker in the pecking order after an indifference start.
    Some strikers can make their own chances others can only function with a service from midfield.

Ajose, from what I have seen of him, appears very much to fit the second category hence, with our woeful midfield, he has been largely anonymous.

As for Novak he makes Peter Garland look anorexic. For me our most disappointing signing.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    2 points thrown away in the most retarded fashion
    Slade ought to be sick - shame he hasn't got the integrity to take his share of the blame - spineless oaf.
    Taking off the 2 best players, the 2 routes away from our goal at the very time the home side has got itself right back into the game, absolutely defies description.
    Yes the finishing requires improvement, and we came up against Alnwick in fine form, but removing those players most likely to be in place to get another chance and replacing them with the unfit (Novak) and inexperienced (Hanlan) is the work of a cretin or charlatan. By all means send them on when we're 2 or 3 up.
    Picking Lennon over Konsa is questionable given how much first team action each has had recently - neither is quite convincing but a dimwitted mistake 5 minutes from time is like as not the result of fatigue in someone unused to the rigours of league football.
    Is any time at all spent on dead ball situations when they're at Sparrow's Lane - sure doesn't look like it.
    Is Slade doing it by numbers?
    Does he not watch the games?
    His substitution decisions have cost at least 5 points.
    He can't even point to misfortune and bad refereeing decisions, the crap results are self-inflicted.
    We're accruing less than 1.25 points per game - that's cast iron relegation form, our current league position is tenuous at best. We know the squad isn't deep enough to sustain many injuries or suspensions.
    Slade repeating these blunders informs the players too, he's a chump, they'll soon be losing faith in him.
    Christ! I'm cross!
  • Options
    what was lennon thinking?
  • Options
    but if fox doesnt slice a simple cross into the box, the likelihood is, we do win the game cos there would of been no pen to give? The guy is rubbish.Fed up with people sticking up for him just cos he shows a bit of passion.He was poor in the championship and isnt any better in this league.
  • Options
    He is a clumsy player. Not much more to be said really.
  • Options
    As plenty of people have already mentioned these draws are killing us. Only the top two have lost less than we have. It's ok to sit on a three goal lead but not one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2 points thrown away in the most retarded fashion
    Slade ought to be sick - shame he hasn't got the integrity to take his share of the blame - spineless oaf.
    Taking off the 2 best players, the 2 routes away from our goal at the very time the home side has got itself right back into the game, absolutely defies description.
    Yes the finishing requires improvement, and we came up against Alnwick in fine form, but removing those players most likely to be in place to get another chance and replacing them with the unfit (Novak) and inexperienced (Hanlan) is the work of a cretin or charlatan. By all means send them on when we're 2 or 3 up.
    Picking Lennon over Konsa is questionable given how much first team action each has had recently - neither is quite convincing but a dimwitted mistake 5 minutes from time is like as not the result of fatigue in someone unused to the rigours of league football.
    Is any time at all spent on dead ball situations when they're at Sparrow's Lane - sure doesn't look like it.
    Is Slade doing it by numbers?
    Does he not watch the games?
    His substitution decisions have cost at least 5 points.
    He can't even point to misfortune and bad refereeing decisions, the crap results are self-inflicted.
    We're accruing less than 1.25 points per game - that's cast iron relegation form, our current league position is tenuous at best. We know the squad isn't deep enough to sustain many injuries or suspensions.
    Slade repeating these blunders informs the players too, he's a chump, they'll soon be losing faith in him.
    Christ! I'm cross!

Were you at the game last night?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

As plenty of people have already mentioned these draws are killing us. Only the top two have lost less than we have. It's ok to sit on a three goal lead but not one.

We had 11 draws in our record breaking 101 points 2011/12 season, 5 defeats and 30 wins so still on course to emulate that..................I'll get my coat :neutral: .
  • Options
    another example of how the xxxx did we not win that ? .. shows how important Holmes is to us and Magennis is heading for some kind of unwanted record for times headed against the bar .. still and all, we just MUST start putting these chances away
  • Options
    edited October 2016

another example of how the xxxx did we not win that ? .. shows how important Holmes is to us and Magennis is heading for some kind of unwanted record for times headed against the bar .. still and all, we just MUST start putting these chances away
    I blame the round goal frame Lincs square posts and crossbar like on Blackheath and some of them would have gone in :wink: .
  • Options

Hit the bar. Hit the post. Many free kicks and corners that failed to create. Sounds like we should have sewn this up and got an away win. Poor finishing and a cautious manager though = another draw.

Still........a result, and away from home, so not all bad.

Slade sounds in the post match interview rattled and defensive. If his attitude seeps through to the players we'll be in League One for quite some time.

that attitude there is worrying

• Options

PopIcon said:

Just got back in.

fact is that last seasons top goal scorer in this league and who could have put one of those sitters away was sitting on the bench & should have come on, THAT is Slades fault,
  • Options
    So watching the short highlights above, the big problems seems to be not the fact that we were negative; at 1-0 up we still had 4 players in the box from Ricky's cross. But the taking off of the 3 best attackers, when we should have keep going for it.
  • Options
    Strewth, I had to stop the highlights before the Dave Clarke 5 song kicked in.
  • Options

Why not give JJ a go. We won't know until we do and he can't do worse.

Jacko being manager would definitely get the fans behind him and the team win lose or draw there would be more togetherness
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Great to see all the armchair fans ripping into Fox he was very very good last night,but heyho let the haters hate

Until he cost us the win, by swinging his left leg at an innocuous ball and missing it completely.

The ball bounced off his right shin to the Vale player who Lennon brought down.

How Fox can stay in the team when he's not good enough for League 2 is beyond me.

I know the truth hurts, but it is the truth.

Ok Lennon was equally to blame if not more so, but he wouldn't have needed to make a challenge if Fox was capable of the simplest of clearances. Let's be honest as a parent, you would be disappointed if your 10 year old son did that.