Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Port Vale v Charlton - Post Match Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    What's Wiggins doing these days?
    Total different class to Fox,
    can't we get him back on a free?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Great to see all the armchair fans ripping into Fox he was very very good last night,but heyho let the haters hate

Until he cost us the win, by swinging his left leg at an innocuous ball and missing it completely.

The ball bounced off his right shin to the Vale player who Lennon brought down.

How Fox can stay in the team when he's not good enough for League 2 is beyond me.

I know the truth hurts, but it is the truth.
    Fox has got as many apologists as the regime
  • Options

What's Wiggins doing these days?
    Total different class to Fox,
    can't we get him back on a free?

Birmingham.
  • Options

Great to see all the armchair fans ripping into Fox he was very very good last night,but heyho let the haters hate

Until he cost us the win, by swinging his left leg at an innocuous ball and missing it completely.

How Fox can stay in the team when he's not good enough for League 2 is beyond me.

Fox has got as many apologists as the fucking regime
    He gets an easy ride on here because he came through the academy and his dad posts on here, which I fully understand, but he really is poor.

He is oh so slow. His positional sense is poor. His passing is poor. He generally hoofs the ball to the opposition. He doesn't seem to be able to read the game, which compounded with his slowness and poor positioning makes him the player he is.

On the plus side he occasionally gets forward and occasionally puts in a decent cross and he can put in a good tackle as long as the opposition player isn't running, so he can keep up and he's a trier.

I hate to think how many goals are down to Fox and he's getting worse, not better.

Sorry Morgan , sorry Morgan's dad and sorry Fox supporters, but like I say the truth hurts.
  • Options

Monsieur Slade - with this taking off our 3 best players when we are winning the game - you are really spoiling us.
    What an utterly clueless twat he is.

He isn't even suave.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Just got back in.

I've never seen us miss so many sitters, was painful.

I think Slade got us playing some really decent football last night, very positive.
    Shame we have so many players who cannot hit a barn door. Should have been a very comfortable win.

Getting us playing decent football is positive.
    But it's the fact that he gets it wrong time and time again by going defensive, thinking that'll help us hang on to a lead.
    It won't.
    Keeping you best players on the pitch might.
    Keeping the opponents' defenders busy might.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Why not give JJ a go. We won't know until we do and he can't do worse.

Jacko being manager would definitely get the fans behind him and the team win lose or draw there would be more togetherness
    This would be a last throw of the duchatelet dice but would be bad news for the club and for JJ. First management gig with these
    clowns would be disastrous. And like as not would take us down.
  • Options
    Slade was fortunate against walsall imo also.

• Options

Ok Lennon was equally to blame if not more so, but he wouldn't have needed to make a challenge if Fox was capable of the simplest of clearances. Let's be honest as a parent, you would be disappointed if your 10 year old son did that.
    So apart from that how did he play ? Just was wondering how you thought the rest of his performance was like ?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2016
    Nicely worked first goal. Ulvestadt improving. Holmes looked to be terrorising the Port Vale defence. Soft looking penalty but given the number of defenders in the area there was no need for Lennon to make the challenge.

There appears to be a big risk of Slade losing the Charlton supporters with his poor substitutions & inability to accept responsibility for mistakes. No one is expecting him to be perfect but misreading the crowd & having a go at supporters (or players) after his decisions appear to have led to points being lost / thrown away is not going to help him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

but if fox doesnt slice a simple cross into the box, the likelihood is, we do win the game cos there would of been no pen to give? The guy is rubbish.Fed up with people sticking up for him just cos he shows a bit of passion.He was poor in the championship and isnt any better in this league.

But then you could say if Fox was provided with adequate cover in Midfield (Like what Solly gets) then Fox wouldn't have rushed his sliced clearance... If Novak had closed down the Goalkeeper 5mins earlier from a Goal Kick for example the ball might never have ended up anywhere near Fox at that precise moment.

What did happen was Lennon fouled and gave away a penalty.

For me it was probably down to the fact that since returning from injury... Lennon hasn't played one single U23 game and has been sitting on the bench for the last month, he's suffering from a lack of match practice which means the blame lands at.

Russell Slade!!
  • Options
    Ok can we give Fox the assist then ?
  • Options
    Ultimately all eleven players who go on to the pitch are Professional Footballers... Each and everyone of them SHOULD be able to deal with whatever situation THEY find themselves are in, if they cant then ultimately there should be question marks raised of the Manager because what is he doing with them on the training ground!!
  • Options
    Yes, there were lots of factors we can focus on. We do seem pretty rubbish at converting considering the players we have! Slade's subs were just one contributor, but a significant one. What is damning is the bloke has previous. As somebody has commented, with his statement about the crowd booing Botaka when they were booing him, and other things, I do have the question his intellect!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    To be honest I don't understand Slade's angle.

Is he truly on the side of the regime and has always come out with these excuses.

Or... Is he appearing to be on the side of the regime because he knows they are the sole power that have the ability to sack him so by appearing to moan about the fans... He looks a saint in front of the Board and so keeps his job. i.e. I'm sure if he turned around and started agreeing with everything the fans are saying / doing he'd be out (because the results are bad) before the end of the week
  • Options
    edited October 2016

To be honest I don't understand Slade's angle.

Is he truly on the side of the regime and has always come out with these excuses.

Or... Is he appearing to be on the side of the regime because he knows they are the sole power that have the ability to sack him so by appearing to moan about the fans... He looks a saint in front of the Board and so keeps his job. i.e. I'm sure if he turned around and started agreeing with everything the fans are saying / doing he'd be out (because the results are bad) before the end of the week

Well if it is the latter mate he's gone down even further in my estimations if that is possible; he doesn't have to do either! Just keep it buttoned and be non committal about the fans and the protests in post match press comments.
  • Options
    Just seen the penalty for the first time.

Have it paused on 1:41 and Lennon has clearly reached the ball!!... Definitely wasnt a pen for me, how else does the ball change direction from heading towards the goal, to the direction of the corner flag almost?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    We couldn't see the pen incident clearly from the opposite end but as I said in my post match views it seemed innocuous. Didn't know Fox or Lennon were involved at the time but he is tackling from behind and it was in front of the home end albeit poor support in terms of numbers and noise but sufficient to sway the ref maybe.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

We couldn't see the pen incident clearly from the opposite end but as I said in my post match views it seemed innocuous. Didn't know Fox or Lennon were involved at the time but he is tackling from behind and it was in front of the home end albeit poor support in terms of numbers and noise.

The fact its behind is probably what swayed the Referee.

In addition I did read that someone said that the Port Vale player still had to beat two Charlton players and that Lennon didnt need to make the challenge, for me he DID have to make the challenge as the player did have a clear sight on goal, would have been shooting across Rudd's goal so would have required a top save
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't realise we have these at home next month. Why are we playing them again so quickly?
  • Options
    I've only been to 2 games this year and completely forgot about this one but everyone can see a pattern emerging with conceeding late on and chucking away 3 points.
    7 draws in 13 games says a lot. From the highlights Holmes looked like our best play so why take him off? Is he not fit enough for a full 90? If so then we have problems.
    No body shuts up shop 20 mins from the end with a 1-0 lead. If you're 3 up so be it. That's tactical niaevity from RS! You'd never see a top manager doing that because:
    1) They know the game isn't won
    2) if they went on to loose they'd get slaughtered by the fans/press/board etc

I was happy with his appointment in the summer purely because he has experience in the lower leagues. The board (wankers I know) have backed him financially to a point too. I'd say if we don't pick up 3 wins in next 5 games he should go.
  • Options
    I forgot to say criticism from the fans was spot on and RS should deal with that in a professional manner not like a child
  • Options
    edited October 2016

RedChaser said:

We couldn't see the pen incident clearly from the opposite end but as I said in my post match views it seemed innocuous. Didn't know Fox or Lennon were involved at the time but he is tackling from behind and it was in front of the home end albeit poor support in terms of numbers and noise.

The fact its behind is probably what swayed the Referee.

In addition I did read that someone said that the Port Vale player still had to beat two Charlton players and that Lennon didnt need to make the challenge, for me he DID have to make the challenge as the player did have a clear sight on goal, would have been shooting across Rudd's goal so would have required a top save
    As a defender in those situations you don't have time to think 'oh there's plenty of cover I'll let him go' it's a split second reaction and you stick a leg out, I know I would've but probably missed everything though :wink:.
  • Options
    So many times this season we've failed to create opportunities, but this time we created several but proceeded to waste them! We weren't good for the first 15 mins or so but looked good after that. With 10mins to go I said that it had 1-1 written all over it, despite the fact we should have genuinely been about 4-0 up... typical Charlton.

I haven't been impressed with Ajose this season but given the chances we had I can't help but feel he'd have made a difference.

Slade's substitutions were bizarre... can't get over how negative he is. And after spending a wet Tuesday night in Port Vale, the manager having a bit of a pop at the fans that travelled is disgraceful.
  • Options
    Team is improving, Slade needs to be more positive. We will be promoted this season and all will be forgiven with big Russ. MUST beat the Gills, then we will be on a roll. Glass half full for me.
  • Options
    Wow. I never even knew we played this game until now.

That's actually quite shocked me.