Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham Away Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Well if it rains I'm not leaving the pub
  • Options

with there being over 2000 in the vicinity, surely we wont all be trying out the 1 pub, the southern belle was another recommendation, again cant comment as never been.

The Southern Belle is a good idea p*****hater.

Near the station with Sky tele and does not get too crowded.
  • Options
    Obviously you haven't been to the southern belle before ! Usually full of wino's
  • Options

with there being over 2000 in the vicinity, surely we wont all be trying out the 1 pub, the southern belle was another recommendation, again cant comment as never been.

Typical you promise to buy me a beer in the Dog and Bone ,and now you're heading for the Southern Belle.
    I'm gonna track you down Elfs there's no hiding place
  • Options
    Looking at
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/el/Gillingham;Kent/
    the fleurs and southern belle sound absolutely appalling and about the worse pubs in the area scoring customer ratings of 3.8 and 2.7 out of 10.
    Comments make it sound even worse
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    Think may jump off at Rochester for a few, Gillingham looks awful...
  • Options

went there when we played them last time. wasn't too crowded, a fair amount of home fans use it.

There was one bloke who spent an hour staring at the wall which was an inch in front of his face. strange locals.
  • Options
    Trying a new route coming from Essex. Boat from Tilbury to Gravesend, then a short journey on train. Done this route to The Valley, but not to Gillingham before. Apart from last boat back at 7:00, don't see any problems?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Carter said:

Rochester is about 6 minutes on the train, loads of pubs there

Alternately, chatham has its selection of boozers too and only 1 stop on the train or a short taxi ride

But if your train ticket is for Gillingham, will it get swallowed at Rochester train barrier ?
  • Options
    Didn't realise that the girlfriends out on Saturday, so I'm now quite tempted by this. Only a quick train from Bromley.

I think the combination of leaving it to the last minute, and not making plans with anyone, combined with having to get my ass over to Charlton tomorrow morning (seriously? Why no pay on the day?!) means I'll probably pass it.
  • Options
    Won't be going, but watch your backs near the southern belle after the game, last time we were there, it kicked off royally during and after the game outside my mates pub and the street behind the southern belle, as the OB wouldnt let us down the high street to the station, as gills lads were gathered in southern Belle looking for a tear up. We went the other way and still bumped into them, loads of arrests and court appearances, one of theirs went away for it and is still banned to this day, I reckon they will be well up for it this weekend.
  • Options

Typical you promise to buy me a beer in the Dog and Bone ,and now you're heading for the Southern Belle.
    I'm gonna track you down Elfs there's no hiding place
    I'll be in the Dog and Bone, on the Dog and Bone!
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Won't be going, but watch your backs near the southern belle after the game, last time we were there, it kicked off royally during and after the game outside my mates pub and the street behind the southern belle, as the OB wouldnt let us down the high street to the station, as gills lads were gathered in southern Belle looking for a tear up. We went the other way and still bumped into them, loads of arrests and court appearances, one of theirs went away for it and is still banned to this day, I reckon they will be well up for it this weekend.

I remember it kicked off outside the southern belle after a pre season friendly that a few of us had turned out for, more with the locals than with any lads of note though. Place is an absolute hole.

• Options
    My dad and his friend went to buy tickets for Saturday's game. Both pensioners. As neither of them have been able to make it to an away game this year, and neither has bought a season ticket, they were told they couldn't buy tickets and turned away, despite them attending 4 home games this season!

These are two blokes who have attended regularly for 35 years each!

Absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    braydex said:

My dad and his friend went to buy tickets for Saturday's game. Both pensioners. As neither of them have been able to make it to an away game this year, and neither has bought a season ticket, they were told they couldn't buy tickets and turned away, despite them attending 4 home games this season!

Absolutely shocking.

They can't be on the data base. I don't understand how this can happen, as you would expect 99% of Charlton fans to be red card members, which would mean they are on the database.

If they've bought tickets they surely have to be on the database, or are you saying they acquired tickets without buying them ?

If I'd bought tickets for 4 home games, I'd insist on being sold Gills tickets.

"All supporters on the club’s database are eligible to buy for Saturday’s game."
  • Options

braydex said:

Absolutely shocking.

They can't be on the data base. I don't understand how this can happen, as you would expect 99% of Charlton fans to be red card members, which would mean they are on the database.

If they've bought tickets they surely have to be on the database, or are you saying they acquired tickets without buying them ?

"All supporters on the club’s database are eligible to buy for Saturday’s game."
    Last season I asked for my details to be removed from the database, amongst other things I did not receive emails and other stuff through the post.

I imagine I would be in the same position should I ever want to buy an away ticket at the ground(not that I will be doing this whilst the Belgians are in SE7).
  • Options
    I asked for my details to be removed from the database as well last season. Have only purchased match tickets on the day this season for home games. I brought 2 for Gillingham without any fuss.

Seems to me they just make the rules up as they go along.

The whole club is rotten from top to bottom.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

echo these thoughts aswell, will certainly be a lively atmosphere after the game, think i may fuck off to rochester after the game cba with it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

weather forecast for saturday is 14 degrees and clear.

Where are you boozing?
  • Options
    Shame i can't make it ?

Having Irritable bowel syndrome trouble and if i go to Gillingham will bound to have trouble with the Pony and Trap.
  • Options

braydex said:

Absolutely shocking.

I'm not if they are red card members or not, but they took their ticket stubs with them as they anticipated an issue.

Either way, when two life long Charlton fans make their way to buy 2 tickets to the next away game (and one of only a few they are able to get to).....and are refused on the basis they haven't been to an away game this season or purchased a season ticket, you know something is desperately wrong!

How the hell this club can survive under this regime I dont know, and I have to say, whilst i've never been a fan of either RD, KM, RM and RS, i am actually starting to hope the club does fail in an epic and tragic way, just so that all of them are damaged, either financially or reputationally.

I have never known a club shit on their own supporters from such a height. They don't deserve fans wanting to buy tickets. They dont deserve fans still attending games and supporting the dross that is dished out week after week.

I will be honest and say, after this latest kick in the teeth to a life long die hard Charlton fan - I hope Gillingham stuff us tomorrow and we end the day in or just above the relagation zone. I'm fucking fed up with the lot of them now and if the only way they'll all fuck off is for the team to plummet then so be it, making sure it drags the lots of them down with it. Only then, no matter what league we end up in, will I start to support them again. Until then the lot of them can expect fuck all support from my family. Even if it's from the comfort of our sofa!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Last chance saloon here. I want to take my two kids to their first away game tomorrow but the club won't let me buy three tickets. I have been offered spares here and there but the nippers are too young to be left alone. Can anyone lend me their membership number please so I can use it to buy three seats together? Alternatively, is anyone going to the ground after 12pm who would be able to buy an extra ticket if I met them? I will be there to pick up my banner from the Coventry game.
  • Options
    Potentially can get my hands on a spare in the Home end - upper tier £22. So if anybody is stuck for one, send me a message.
  • Options

Potentially can get my hands on a spare in the Home end - upper tier £22. So if anybody is stuck for one, send me a message.

We ought to start up some sort of ticket agency!
  • Options

Last chance saloon here. I want to take my two kids to their first away game tomorrow but the club won't let me buy three tickets. I have been offered spares here and there but the nippers are too young to be left alone. Can anyone lend me their membership number please so I can use it to buy three seats together? Alternatively, is anyone going to the ground after 12pm who would be able to buy an extra ticket if I met them? I will be there to pick up my banner from the Coventry game.

Mate, i will pm you my number, call me.
  • Options
    Going. Been a while since I got the train there, can someone remind me how far the station is? Not going to be arriving till 2.30ish.
  • Options
    Less than 10 minute walk