Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe FA Cup - advance sales.

Comments

• Options
    It might be that if we get through to round 2 you hear the powerful words associated with the Checkatrade 'lower west only'
  • Options

Even if they give out a few hundred freebies I can't see more than 4k for this game.
    I shall stay at home and wash my hair.

And I'm bald

Do the goatie then.
  • Options

They have sold more than i thought already.

Fair play to them. That's quite likely more than we'd be taking up there if the tie was reversed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Outside of the obvious reasons why the crowd will be small - we also know that Charlton never take the cup seriously. If the maanger doesn't bother, why should we? They ought to make it as cheap as possible to get numbers in.
  • Options
    Yes, not many kids! To be honest, I wouldn't go to a Charlton cup game (in the early rounds anyway) if I was paid to.
  • Options

Undoubtedly, bore draw Slade will see us through to a replay where Seb and 74 others will roar us on a 2-0 defeat.

The sadist in me would love to see a draw. Then for anyone that follows the team religiously it would mean 3 Tuesday night away games in a row.

Also for some they could say they've done Scunthorpe twice in the night in one season
  • Options

Outside of the obvious reasons why the crowd will be small - we also know that Charlton never take the cup seriously. If the maanger doesn't bother, why should we? They ought to make it as cheap as possible to get numbers in.

Not allowed to charge less than £10 for adults under the rules.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even if they give out a few hundred freebies I can't see more than 4k for this game.
    I shall stay at home and wash my hair.

And I'm bald

Everywhere!?
  • Options
    This Game is Catch 22 for Slade ?

If he plays several youngsters and we lose, he hasn't taken the competition
    seriously, Yet if he picks the same slow midfield against a strong running Scunthorpe team who have strikers we will lose anyway.

You came to the wrong club Russell Slade, just like Duchatelet.

I would play 4 or 5 youngsters and hope the small amount of Charlton fans get behind them. My fears are the people who get off on abusing Players will do the same to the youngsters and they will be inhibited to play like they do for the U23 or Academy age groups.

I would keep as strong a defense as possible with Rudd, Solly, Bauer, Pearce and Fox/Edwards or Chicksen(haven't seen him play yet)

We need the energy and some pace in midfield and up front.

We have been rubbish in the Cup most years so what has the manager got to lose ? His shackles or his job.
  • Options

masicat said:

I'm going, I support the football team as I have done for 55 years.

I'm going. It will be like old times, not many of us, shit going on behind the scenes, indifferent performances on the pitch, loads of people saying they support Charlton but don't go anymore and how the ground used to be full and a tannoy that can't be heard, but it's still Charlton nevertheless and we are where we are, wishing we were somewhere else doesn't deal with the problem. Change comes from what happens on the pitch so I'm going to do my bit and get behind the team.
    Enjoy.

Although I somehow think you won't.
  • Options

masicat said:

I'm going, I support the football team as I have done for 55 years.

I'm going. It will be like old times, not many of us, shit going on behind the scenes, indifferent performances on the pitch, loads of people saying they support Charlton but don't go anymore and how the ground used to be full and a tannoy that can't be heard, but it's still Charlton nevertheless and we are where we are, wishing we were somewhere else doesn't deal with the problem. Change comes from what happens on the pitch so I'm going to do my bit and get behind the team.
    Enjoy.

Although I somehow think you won't.
    Somehow I think I won't either though Charlton being Charlton we live in hope. Enjoy your afternoon shopping, vegetating in front of the telly, reading the match thread until it gets deleted etc etc...
  • Options
    want us to win on saturday so i can get to millwall although we can rely on millwall beating southend to do that aswell.

can see us drawing the game then getting a sodding replay, surely that would be lower attendance than the blackpool when we was already condemned
  • Options
    Places will cost £10 12th Man/Iron members and £12 non-members, which has been subsidised by Iron chairman Peter Swann.

arent they £10.00 anyway

• Options

Places will cost £10 12th Man/Iron members and £12 non-members, which has been subsidised by Iron chairman Peter Swann.

arent they £10.00 anyway

That's coach travel.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Are they charging the extra £2.50 If you want to buy on the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    We'll have a decent following. I was expecting 1000+ to be honest, but sales have been a little slow. We've sold 400ish and there's plenty I know who are coming without tickets. Me and a few mates are just going to get them on the day. I'd expect 650-700 with the reduced travel. Our numbers always swell in the capital on the day of the game due to the London & South East supporters club turning out as well. Not a bad turn out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We'll have a decent following. I was expecting 1000+ to be honest, but sales have been a little slow. We've sold 400ish and there's plenty I know who are coming without tickets. Me and a few mates are just going to get them on the day. I'd expect 650-700 with the reduced travel. Our numbers always swell in the capital on the day of the game due to the London & South East supporters club turning out as well. Not a bad turn out.

Have a good one and enjoy the day.
  • Options

Blimey, were going to be outnumbered.
  • Options

@oohaahmortimer will love that comment ;)
  • Options
    The Charlton Athletic Woolwich Supporters Club will be out in force on Saturday.

Basically me.
  • Options

All our Scunthorpe based fans will fill the away end if there's a replay :smiley:
  • Options

All our Scunthorpe based fans will fill the away end if there's a replay :smiley:
    SEB plus 50
  • Options

SEB plus 50
    And you.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

The Charlton Athletic Woolwich Supporters Club will be out in force on Saturday.

Basically me.

I've never received an invite to join. But I'm not going to the game anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    CAFCTrev said:

Basically me.

Is membership based on domicile or place of birth because if it's the latter send me an application form ta :wink: .
  • Options
    I'm going to do a stuwall and see if I can have my normal seat