Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#TaxiForRoland: CARD launches three-day birthday trip to Belgium (Nov 2016)

Comments

• Options

We have just crossed the border into Belgium!

I have to say, this cab is great and everything but last time I went over to protest it was in someone's Jaguar - this is not as comfortable! :-)

Moan moan moan

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Nadou said:

Bexleyboy (Colin Sams) posted this - hope it's not true:

As to be CARD
    I understand there on their way to Belgium but perhaps they should have done their homework ...
    Just been told that RD is in London Tuesday and Wed this week
    You can't make it up can you

Re @Bexleyboy posting ....even if this is true then the very strong assumption still must be that RD will be in Belgium on his birthday on Monday when, as the OS states:

CARD plans to display all the birthday presents in the main square of Sint-Truiden, home to the Belgian club Duchatelet also owns, on Monday morning, his 70th birthday. It will also be handing out black and white beach balls and balloons to the local people, while explaining to them why we are protesting against Duchatelet’s regime. The DVD of the protests will be running on iPads to show the people the strength of feeling among thousands of Charlton fans of all ages.

• Options
    Ok

We have just crossed the border into Belgium!

I have to say, this cab is great and everything but last time I went over to protest it was in someone's Jaguar - this is not as comfortable! :-)

Moan moan moan

Exactly....

Well done Card, blah, blah,blah

They have been there a couple of hours.

Twitter blackout already due to them all getting drunk on a jolly ;-)

Disappointed if they are all not up by 6.30 am ready to be outside Douchbags office first thing. Joe is out there, so that isn't going to happen!!

Only joking lads, great effort of planning, as I know this has been brewing for weeks, keeping it under wraps and forewarning the press.

Hopefully you get a little luck on your side with your aims over the next couple of days. You deserve it.
  • Options
    Well done to all... Douchebag just doesn't know who he's messing with!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Well done to all... Douchebag just doesn't know who he's messing with!

Hopefully he'll find out tomorrow: )
  • Options
    I was wondering what the birthday countdown was leading up to, but really wasn't expecting this. Nice one lads!

Also, as the wrap, diesel costs of a trip to Belgium etc are going to have been quite expensive, I reckon we're probably going to need to top-up the protest fund again. Perhaps those of us who use Uber or minicabs over the next week could donate the money we saved over taking a black cab instead?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Have had a couple of donations already today on the back of this but always happy to receive more.

Are you Joe's Dad @BR3red ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone fancy translating this one :lol:
    http://sports.sohu.com/20161113/n473059274.shtml
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options
    This is top stuff lads, when this nightmare is over its gonna be a big party , just before Christmas I reckon ... keep the faith
  • Options
    96% yes in the poll for Douchbags to leave CAFC in the Belgium paper. One would have thought they will report back on this.

Pretty emphatic.

Shame it cannot get up to 98% though...
  • Options
    thecat said:

Even if true they could give him life back in the taxi

The tight git would probably get in if it was a free ride
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    sammy391 said:

Anyone fancy translating this one :lol:
    http://sports.sohu.com/20161113/n473059274.shtml

Google translate is your friend, at least until @JessieAddick turns up :-)
    Put forward a big news! Charlton fans drove to the boss's home protest
    Soccer store off the App 2016-11-13 18:58:10 Reading (0) Comments ( )

Charlton's unfavorable club last season, relegated from the British crown, the team faced bankruptcy and some other issues, coupled with the boss Duchatelet not as, which makes Charlton fans are very sad.

Charlton fans have organized a number of protests, but the results are not ideal. Charlton fans this season in the game with Coventry threw plastic pigs to the stadium to protest the team, and even the fans to the coffin carried to the stadium, heralds the advent of bad luck.

Recently, fans have come up with a new model of protest, they will hire a taxi drove to the home of the Belgian boss Duchatelet protest. It is reported that the fans will write a taxi protest Duchatelet slogan "Taxi for Roland" and "We want our Charlton back". They will start this morning from the valley golf course, the whole activity takes about 3 days.

Duchatelet2014 years to buy the interview with the Ministry of media, unfortunately, the team downgraded last season, during which experienced seven coach's change.

"We want to protest in this particular way to Belgium, to the maximum extent possible to the incapacity of exposure to Duchatelet and to the persecution of our club," said a spokesman for the Carter protest group CARD.

In addition to the taxi, CARD every day for the Duchatelet tricks for the preparation of a different birthday gift. Including a map of East London, a mocking jester's card, a DVD recording the protests and props used in protest at the Valley Court in 2016.

"The driver could explain to other passengers what happened to Charlton during this time, and we decided to let Duchatelet feel ashamed in his country until he sold the club."
  • Options
    Where is "the valley golf course"?
  • Options
    redman said:

Stig said:

There's a survey at the bottom of that article. I believe 'oui' is the answer most Charlton fans would want to give.
    Currently running at 95% "sell". Let's help get the other figure down to 2%...

http://m.footnews.be/news/20041/les_fans_de_charlton_font_très_fort_pour_lanniversaire_de_duchâtelet_[photo

do you have to put email address in for vote to count?
    No.

Still 96-4, on 250 votes. Come on everyone, big effort, let's get it to 2%...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Hadn't you heard ? They dug up the pitch last week and there's already a few bunkers been put in (just enlarged the car park potholes).
  • Options
    Huge "thank you" and tip of my hat to all who have/are playing a part in this and especially to the taxi owner, you're an absolute star!
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Bexleyboy (Colin Sams) posted this - hope it's not true:

As to be CARD
    I understand there on their way to Belgium but perhaps they should have done their homework ...
    Just been told that RD is in London Tuesday and Wed this week
    You can't make it up can you

Got the details? Time and location?
  • Options
    Just seen this. Great idea. If CARD's media moguls had done Clinton's campaign, she'd have been out of sight and The Donald a distant memory. Lucky for us they're only up against The Roland and have the people on side. In awe of the brains behind our campaign. Great effort again, and again, and again!
  • Options
    Just seen this. Great idea. If CARD's media moguls had done Clinton's campaign, she'd have been out of sight and The Donald a distant memory. Lucky for us they're only up against The Roland and have the people on side. In awe of the brains behind our campaign. Great effort again, and again, and again!
  • Options

Hadn't you heard ? They dug up the pitch last week and there's already a few bunkers been put in (just enlarged the car park potholes).
    So I'll be finding either a pitch n putt or a driving range next time I venture over to SE7.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Curb_It said:

Have had a couple of donations already today on the back of this but always happy to receive more.

Not sure if I want to answer that !!
    Well... if you know his sleeping habits :-)

But anyway I would like to say you should be proud of a job well done. What a fantastic young man you have there.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

BR3red said:

Curb_It said:

Not sure if I want to answer that !!
    Well... if you know his sleeping habits :-)

But anyway I would like to say you should be proud of a job well done. What a fantastic young man you have there.

Oh ok, yes he is my Son