Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA summons Meire (not really)

Comments

• Options
    The FA have done FA about anything for years.
  • Options

CAFC Luke said:

Do they actually have any authority though? Fair enough Summoning her, but if they actually wanted to do something, what could they possibly do?

If a person fails the fit and proper person test, the FA can order them removed as a director of the club.

Problem is, neither Meire nor Duchatelet fail the fit and proper person test because it's mostly to do with criminality or financial issues.
    But what if Duchatelet fails the test what can they do... He owns the club
  • Options
    no such thing as bad publicity
  • Options
    She will spout off lines like £38m and new training round. The FA will then say "OK"

Still, it's embarrassing for her as it's like a naughty child being sent to see the headmaster.
  • Options
    She will be late, guaranteed.
  • Options

CAFC Luke said:

Do they actually have any authority though? Fair enough Summoning her, but if they actually wanted to do something, what could they possibly do?

If a person fails the fit and proper person test, the FA can order them removed as a director of the club.

Problem is, neither Meire nor Duchatelet fail the fit and proper person test because it's mostly to do with criminality or financial issues.
    Peter Sutcliffe wouldn't fail the fit and proper test.

• Options

CAFC Luke said:

The FA allows criminals, money launderers and people linked closely to dictators to run clubs. They would probably consider a senile Belgian millionaire with delusions of grandeur to be an example of the ideal owner.
  • Options
    Give them a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Give them a chance

They only sacked Allardyce because he was caught doing what he was doing

They'd have happily let him get on with it otherwise!!
  • Options
    olster said:

Hopefully they'll give her the England job.

THATS IT!!!.... They dont care about Charlton...

They simply want to learn how to have the balls to sack Managers after a short period of time
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Happy they've done something and this'd be a great time for them to decide to take some real action. Set an example to the other pricks in English football the minute.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The Taxi will be back in the country.

I suggest we offer her a free lift to Lancaster Gate.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nothing will come of it but it is still embaressing for her! Very embaressing. I can't see how she thinks she can take this forwards. Resignation is her only real option!
  • Options
    I think KM will be a bit spooked with this. She obviously wants to climb the greasy pole in sports/business admin and to be a mover & shaker in football circles. This won't do her any good at all, and even if the FA does bugger all, it's a blow. This dents her image further, and i think image matters to her
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Interesting point @Algarveaddick about not trying to win games, but the club could (rightly) argue that not being able to reschedule the Swindon game meant we weren't in a position to win.

Could they argue that KM & Co are bringing the game into disrepute? It would also be great to have some sort of CAST representation to brief the FA prior.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Dansk_Red said:

The Taxi will be back in the country.

I suggest we offer her a free lift to Lancaster Gate.
    And make her walk to Wembley, I like it.
    The walk of shame as in game of thrones!

• Options
    olster said:

Interesting point @Algarveaddick about not trying to win games, but the club could (rightly) argue that not being able to reschedule the Swindon game meant we weren't in a position to win.

Could they argue that KM & Co are bringing the game into disrepute? It would also be great to have some sort of CAST representation to brief the FA prior.

But as far as I know, Olster, CAFC could have turned down the televising of the game, knowing it clashed with international fixtures and we were likely to have a weakened team? It actually goes back to them knowing we would be lacking key players and not caring whether we won or not? There is no financial gain for the away team, so "needing the money" can't be used as an excuse.
  • Options
    I don't think this will change anything, but is there precedent for this? I don't recall the likes of the Oystons or Sisu being "summoned" by the FA. Of course this could be in relation to a specific incident, but if nothing else it's possible that it's an interesting precedent.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I don't think this will change anything, but is there precedent for this? I don't recall the likes of the Oystons or Sisu being "summoned" by the FA. Of course this could be in relation to a specific incident, but if nothing else it's possible that it's an interesting precedent.

Article does mention that the FA may be looking into Blackpool, we might just be first because we've just sacked another Manager in such a short space.

i.e. Are the FA getting pressure from the LMA?
  • Options
    as someone else alluded to there have been ongoing investigations into protests since last season so maybe this meeting is the culmination of that investigation and nothing else?
  • Options

olster said:

But as far as I know, Olster, CAFC could have turned down the televising of the game, knowing it clashed with international fixtures and we were likely to have a weakened team? It actually goes back to them knowing we would be lacking key players and not caring whether we won or not? There is no financial gain for the away team, so "needing the money" can't be used as an excuse.
    Charlton agreed the Swindon game on Sky before Magennis and Botaka were signed and once agreed that's it, so just unfortunate.
  • Options

as someone else alluded to there have been ongoing investigations into protests since last season so maybe this meeting is the culmination of that investigation and nothing else?

Investigations started this season