Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland's statement

Far from me (as an actor!) to want to spin anything - but given that Roland's has said in his statement "..... Katrien Meire may have told you I have other things to care for" - does this actually also mean "I don't care"? Quality PR own goal in my opinion...

Comments

• Options
    wouldn't read too much into it - probably a language barrier thing than anything else.

Much like the "Actors" comment which appears to be being taken out of context. It's referring to actions as opposed to thespians
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

wouldn't read too much into it - probably a language barrier thing than anything else.

Much like the "Actors" comment which appears to be being taken out of context. It's referring to actions as opposed to thespians

We have to read something into as at least he is talking about us instead of ignoring us which seems his usual option
  • Options
    It's just f*cking ridiculous that's what it is.

Desperately translates to

"leave me alone"

Roland, you own the club. Why are you trying to pretend that fact does not exist?

ah, the good old weird days when you referred to the football clubs you own as one of your many children, analogy.

This is abandonment.

Abandonment generates anger.

This child desperately needs to be put up for adoption!

The other fake good but weird childhood memories when you done the odd video interview about FFP, bigging up the academy, saying how important it is, with frequently used "huh"

When you think about it. Evidence of certain things do add up.

The theory that he bought the club, specifically for Meire, who has no football or director related experience, so she can move on up and fill her CV with football business junk.

It's probably more real then we think.

Roland: I don't have time I have other things to take care of.

Meire: THE CLUB IS NOT FOR SALE

• Options
    It is a literal translation of the Dutch "zorgen voor...". A better translation would be that he has other things to "look after" or "take care of". But, hey...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Where is this statement?
    Edited: Just seen it. A couple of texts to Jim White.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "I am in Paris currently. Katrien Meire may have told you I have other things to care for - she knows more than I do on the matters that you seek to cover.

"These protests have nothing to do with reason. Therefore, whatever we do or say the core actors within that group will always criticise."
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Turn it in, he meant exactly what he said. Doesn't give a shit, let Katrien deal with it.

Pretty much what he's done for the last 2.5 years.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

"I am in Paris currently. Katrien Meire may have told you I have other things to care for - she knows more than I do on the matters that you seek to cover.

"These protests have nothing to do with reason. Therefore, whatever we do or say the core actors within that group will always criticise."

Nothing to do with reason? That's it, alienate your "customers" some more, whilst you still have some left.

The mad old fecker.

• Options

CARD order 3000 OSCARS for a home game.

Everyone's an actor.

But we can call them Rolands!

I fear some more inflatable orders are going to be placed!
  • Options
    It means exactly what it says.
    His command of English is excellent, probably better than mine.
    If, as an owner, you communicate with the media you are well aware your statement will be read. He wants us and his employees to read and take note of it.
  • Options

If, as an owner, you communicate with the media you are well aware your statement will be read. He wants us and his employees to read and take note of it.

Yes ..... and gave his consent to have it read out nationally on the radio.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Yes ..... and gave his consent to have it read out nationally on the radio.

He really is a despicable prick.
    Please God let him sell the club and fuck off quickly
  • Options
    We wanted openness and transparency from our owner.. be careful what you wish for I guess
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    3blokes said:

For me, one of the crassest, most idiotic things KM has said in all of this fiasco is the line about his clubs being like his children.
    It was such a load of soppy drivel.
    And it was said with such a stupid whimsical look, as though we should simply believe this fairy tale pie in the sky tripe.
    RD, on the other hand, wants to let us know exactly just how shit and unimportant we really are to him.
    What a professional way to run a football club.
    It is utterly hopeless, there are certainly a couple of big kids here all right, but neither of them end in the word Athletic.

We should contact Childline without a moments delay!
  • Options
    All this going on and still the FA and EFL bury their heads in the sand.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

I understand you Gotta stay on their good side cos you're getting work off them but wouldn't you rather not post anything as opposed to looking like a little brown noser
    Hardly brown nosing. I'm saying people are reading too much into a text message!

It's not a statement. It's not perfect English either. It's a rant and he's effectively dismissed Talksport and said to go through Katrien.

All quiet on the work front - not that it's any of your business or even relevant to my comment.

• Options
    Hard to believe that someone who cares so little would really watch every match on a live stream.

It was, in fact, a lie.