Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland's statement

13»

Comments

• Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

wouldn't read too much into it - probably a language barrier thing than anything else.

Much like the "Actors" comment which appears to be being taken out of context. It's referring to actions as opposed to thespians

Do me a favour ffs.

I understand you Gotta stay on their good side cos you're getting work off them but wouldn't you rather not post anything as opposed to looking like a little brown noser
    Hardly brown nosing. I'm saying people are reading too much into a fucking text message!

It's not a statement. It's not perfect English either. It's a rant and he's effectively dismissed Talksport and said to go through Katrien.

All quiet on the work front - not that it's any of your business or even relevant to my comment.

Give it a rest, you'll be defending this lot when the bulldozers come in and flatten The Valley. It wasn't a random text was it? He sent it to a national radio show talking about the turmoil at our club.
    It's not a defence - I'm trying to avoid sensationalism and people whipping up a frenzy unnecessarily. In the eyes of the nation we are a laughing stock already - no need to go over the top

Do you not think the inept way they have run the club over the last 2-3 years, the 7 managers we've had, string of crap players, the loss of thousands of season ticket holders is not cause for people to be somewhat pissed off. Or is it all a bit 'over the top'. What point will you think enough is enough? Another drop down the leagues? When we hit 10 managers before the start of next season?
    As you said, he'll defend them when The Valley is being bulldozed.

Depends if he's being paid to consult over the bulldozing..
  • Options
    Any chance we can find Roland's mobile number?!

Would be a good way to ruin a few more of his weekends without leaving my bedroom...
  • Options
    I wonder how Jim White got his number?
  • Options

I wonder how Jim White got his number?

I wonder if he'll share it :wink:
  • Options

Sure, the word 'actors' was slightly wonky terminology that comes from English being a second language. Swap it for 'people' or 'protesters' if you want.

Does that make literally any difference at all to the tone or sentiment in his message?

Nope.

It makes perfect sense if he meant 'activists.' Let's turn the heat on useless Meire as she's clearly being left to get on with the shrinkage of de cloob unopposed.
  • Options
    I know my original statement was based about not wanting to spin what Roland said, but if we look at the ticket prices research released yesterday we also have the most expensive season ticket and matchday ticket prices in the division (and are half way up the Champioship table as well). Good to know we can pay such a premium for sitting closer to our CEO!
  • Options
    Hasby123 said:

I know my original statement was based about not wanting to spin what Roland said, but if we look at the ticket prices research released yesterday we also have the most expensive season ticket and matchday ticket prices in the division (and are half way up the Champioship table as well). Good to know we can pay such a premium for sitting closer to our CEO!

So that's why season-ticket sales have plummeted. I thought it might have been about people not liking the way the club was run ...