Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland's statement

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    A LIE TOLD BY A LIAR! She would be no good on would I lie to you would she?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

wouldn't read too much into it - probably a language barrier thing than anything else.

Much like the "Actors" comment which appears to be being taken out of context. It's referring to actions as opposed to thespians

Do me a favour ffs.

I understand you Gotta stay on their good side cos you're getting work off them but wouldn't you rather not post anything as opposed to looking like a little brown noser
    Hardly brown nosing. I'm saying people are reading too much into a fucking text message!

It's not a statement. It's not perfect English either. It's a rant and he's effectively dismissed Talksport and said to go through Katrien.

All quiet on the work front - not that it's any of your business or even relevant to my comment.

Give it a rest, you'll be defending this lot when the bulldozers come in and flatten The Valley. It wasn't a random text was it? He sent it to a national radio show talking about the turmoil at our club.
    It's not a defence - I'm trying to avoid sensationalism and people whipping up a frenzy unnecessarily. In the eyes of the nation we are a laughing stock already - no need to go over the top

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

wouldn't read too much into it - probably a language barrier thing than anything else.

Much like the "Actors" comment which appears to be being taken out of context. It's referring to actions as opposed to thespians

Do me a favour ffs.

I understand you Gotta stay on their good side cos you're getting work off them but wouldn't you rather not post anything as opposed to looking like a little brown noser

It's not a statement. It's not perfect English either. It's a rant and he's effectively dismissed Talksport and said to go through Katrien.

Not perfect English, perfect text.
    He's being dismissive of any criticism and treating not only us but the media with contempt.
    But no more than I expected from someone who doesn't do failure.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If there was any shred of doubt, any people wavering in fair minded, decent people's minds, then this text shows what we are dealing with , and what a prize plum we have owning the keys to the valley.

Charlton deserves better than him.
  • Options
    If he doesn't have time to spend on this club bearing in mind the current state the business is in, his other businesses must all be going down the pan.
  • Options
    In Paris?

With other things to care for??

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If he doesn't have time to spend on this club bearing in mind the current state the business is in, his other businesses must all be going down the pan.

Actually, he was probably in Paris because he (in the shape of X-Fab) just took over a failed electronics business there. All the same, the coward is hiding behind the excuse of pressure of work, because he doesn't have any answers.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

Hardly brown nosing. I'm saying people are reading too much into a fucking text message!

All quiet on the work front - not that it's any of your business or even relevant to my comment.

Give it a rest, you'll be defending this lot when the bulldozers come in and flatten The Valley. It wasn't a random text was it? He sent it to a national radio show talking about the turmoil at our club.
    It's not a defence - I'm trying to avoid sensationalism and people whipping up a frenzy unnecessarily. In the eyes of the nation we are a laughing stock already - no need to go over the top

Disappointing ... you really are an apologist for the regime. I was willing to give you some leeway over the last few months, but you have continually shown your true colours.

As I said, disappointing.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Swisdom said:

I didn't worry a great deal about that particular comment about "actors".

I took it to mean "actor" in the sense of an unknown party. i.e "if there was a malicious actor, they could potentially fuck things up", or as in Litvinenko's last correspondence prior to his poisoning - "there are dark actors at work, conspiring in the background".

He's a business man, he probably talks about unknown parties like that often. I know I've read technical reports that do.

It's not possible to defend the rather damning sentiment behind the words though: Charlton is not worth his time nor energy, Katrien is there as a substitute, and the protesters have no substance behind their fight.
  • Options
    What a pity he did not butt out when Chris was in charge.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

Do you not think the inept way they have run the club over the last 2-3 years, the 7 managers we've had, string of crap players, the loss of thousands of season ticket holders is not cause for people to be somewhat pissed off. Or is it all a bit 'over the top'. What point will you think enough is enough? Another drop down the leagues? When we hit 10 managers before the start of next season?
    As you said, he'll defend them when The Valley is being bulldozed.

• Options

Let's just keep being a pain in his side until he's had enough.

And then twist it hard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

Do you not think the inept way they have run the club over the last 2-3 years, the 7 managers we've had, string of crap players, the loss of thousands of season ticket holders is not cause for people to be somewhat pissed off. Or is it all a bit 'over the top'. What point will you think enough is enough? Another drop down the leagues? When we hit 10 managers before the start of next season?
    As you said, he'll defend them when The Valley is being bulldozed.

Cos he'll be doing the drawings for the new builds there
  • Options
    Can we change the thread title to

"Roland's useless text"

Instead of "Roland's statement"

Roland's statement indicates that he actually explains why the manager was sacked and that he gives a toss about Charlton and that he wants to explain why the club is run so badly and that he feels at least a bit responsible, embarrassed about it.

The text means he wants to throw Meire under the bus and run away from it.

She's already done that herself....probably about a thousand times.

They are both complete f*ckers.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

1. Chris Powell
    2. Jose Riga
    3. Bob Peeters
    4. Damien Matthew
    5. Ben Roberts
    6. Guy Luzon
    7. Karen Freaye
    8. Jose Riga
    9. Russell Slade
    10. ???
  • Options

I can't help thinking that one statement now from Murray, could effectively blow this Belgium ship right out of the water.
    I know we've been down this road before and I realise he's got dough tied up, but he is a genuine fan and inside this must be killing him.
    Does he really hate Varney that much, he'd rather see the club go to the wall?

Presumably the money Murray has tied up in the club will either get paid out by a new owner on purchase or will stay on the books? I wouldn't have thought that either way Murray and the other investors are likely to lose the money they fronted up.
    That being the case Murray is free to say what he flipping likes. Being former Chairman does mean he will be mindful about what he says (particularly if it relates to his time in the role) but it doesn't mean he can't criticise things that pertain to the period since he stepped down.
    Having said that we probably can't read much into what is said or not said. We really have no idea what he is saying behind the scenes and he could well be giving Katrien some sage advice (go now, you don't know what you're doing and you'll never convince a colleague let alone a fan that you have a clue about football) or he could be saying the opposite.
    However if he launched a torpedo and heard it hit the hull, the ship would probably go down. And we need to have lifeboats to hand to ensure that not everyone gets a watery grave.
  • Options
    the end is nigh
  • Options
    Sure, the word 'actors' was slightly wonky terminology that comes from English being a second language. Swap it for 'people' or 'protesters' if you want.

Does that make literally any difference at all to the tone or sentiment in his message?

Nope.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do me a favour ffs.

Do you ever post anything that people on here agree with?