Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016

I'm hearing that Chicksen's goal was LAID on a plate for him, after a mad SCRAMBLE in the box he was EGGed on to shot and score!!

How long did it take you to hatch that one?

Also appreciating that you liked it enough to post here and the match thread ;)
    Took about 5mins.

I know I look a cock for posting it twice ;) - But didnt want fans to miss out on the humour in what is a closed thread now.
    I think we have all felt the disappointment, when that witty match thread comment goes un-appreciated because the post-match thread opens up prematurely.
  • Options
    Nice one to the lifer who had 5 v 0 and cashed out and also 5 v 1
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2016
    Would you Adam & Eve it ?! Its the Russell Slade (leaving) effect. Combination of more positivity on the pitch from Nugent & a potential new manager in the stands as well. Great to see 5 different scorers & Ajose & Magennis scoring in consecutive games.
  • Options
    Merci Beaucoup Seth & PP for the match thread. Well I never, what an impressive win. Have we turned a corner?
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed Robinson was at the game tonight?
  • Options

Great win, pleased for Nugent and the lads.

Always love to hear we've won regardless of all the other crap.

Five different scorers too and first away win for months.

Downside is that some deluded fools think this means we'll beat the Spanners.

Been a while fella so why not and could make Xmas even better!
  • Options
    Great result, fancied us tonight, but expected it to be a close run thing.

Talk about reactive - as soon as the final whistle went I logged on a bought MK Dons Tickets!

Nice to see Phillips get a league game under his belt and sounds like he did well in the first half.

Pleased that Ajose finally seems to have found his shooting boots, hopefully he'll go on a run now.

Sounds like Chicksen might well be a serious option on the left wing as well. He looked ok there in the Checkatrade trophy to be fair.

Big game on Saturday and suspect this will put a few on the attendance.
  • Options
    What the fuck happened there... Give him the job now
  • Options
    Tavern said:

I'll be there just in case
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great result, fancied us tonight, but expected it to be a close run thing.

Talk about reactive - as soon as the final whistle went I logged on a bought MK Dons Tickets!

Nice to see Phillips get a league game under his belt and sounds like he did well in the first half.

Pleased that Ajose finally seems to have found his shooting boots, hopefully he'll go on a run now.

Sounds like Chicksen might well be a serious option on the left wing as well. He looked ok there in the Checkatrade trophy to be fair.

Big game on Saturday and suspect this will put a few on the attendance.

All in time for a good ol' protest! :wink:
  • Options

Tavern said:

Not beaten them home and away since 95/96 ...this is the year and I have a ticket for the away game.
  • Options
    Mad. Chicken lookman and josh up top outstanding
  • Options
    Shame we won't get to see the all angles footage though.

• Options
    Fantastic result.

The big question is this - assuming that these two games are a platform and not a false dawn, will RD back whoever is in charge and invest in the team or will he sell the likes of Lookman in the January window. Those actions will truly reveal his intent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Great to see the team pulling together and getting two decent results.
    Only concern is that the board will now be lulled into thinking our squad is good enough to go the duration and that further additions aren't required.
  • Options
    Play offs when we win the game in hand points in the bag

5-1 happy days. Enjoy it
  • Options
    We finally seem to have a proper spine to the team: Rudd (well, not tonight)// Bauer/Pearce // Ulvestad/Crofts // Magennis/Ajose

We do have a decent team for the league and with a few acquisitions are real play off contenders. It's just those who run the club are so hopelessly inept and won't see this. However, massive confidence booster and that will be needed for the following weeks; Sheffield United and Bradford, two proper promotion candidates. 4 points from that and some may start to believe. Over to you, Karl.
  • Options
    We were 12 points behind target before tonight, but now it is 10. We have to beat Sheffield United to benefit from this.
  • Options

We finally seem to have a proper spine to the team: Rudd (well, not tonight)// Bauer/Pearce // Ulvestad/Crofts // Magennis/Ajose

We do have a decent team for the league and with a few acquisitions are real play off contenders. It's just those who run the club are so hopelessly inept and won't see this. However, massive confidence booster and that will be needed for the following weeks; Sheffield United and Bradford, two proper promotion candidates. 4 points from that and some may start to believe. Over to you, Karl.

I've been believing all season croydon
    Would be happy with 2 points from next 2 games
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    stonemuse said:

Tavern said:

Not beaten them home and away since 95/96 ...this is the year and I have a ticket for the away game.
    Me Too! I want to say, I was there
  • Options
    I had actually forgotten we were playing, so to turn my Facebook and saw we had won 5-1, was an excellent way to start the working day.

The only other time that I had totally forgotten we were playing was in my PL season ticket days, and we had a rather oddly timed Christmas fixture with Everton at the Valley.

For some reason the game's timing hadn't lodged in my brain, so imagine my surprise/disgust to turn on SSN that evening and see that we had won 2-0 (I believe this may have been the infamous Duncan Ferguson head-butt on HH game but could be mistaken)!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Couple of observations from tonight and the Port Vale game:

Fox is a much better LB when protected by the LM, not constantly getting exposed by the overlap on the outside.
    Foley isn't a CM, but a capable enough RB for this league in Solly's absence
    Magennis quality as per usual
    Ajose no longer looks lost in the final 3rd
    Phillips is a very capable No. 2

All in all it is only two games but we look a much more threatening side whilst maintaining our solid defensive record.

Agreed.