Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Was he the one who posted that he was coming back from Bristol this afternoon? Oops.

• Options
    Coming very late to this after a night out and belated thanks to @seth plum, @PaddyP17 and others for the match thread, which I followed 'as live' (as it were) with increasing incredulity.

Absolutely delighted for Kevin Nugent and the team but especially for the core travelling faithful, who braved the appalling weather. The goal rush will hopefully infuse our forwards with confidence, whilst it sounds like Dillon Phillips and Chicksen had very good league debuts for us. A few more decent results and maybe, just maybe, Duchatelet will decide to strengthen in the window, rather than cash in.

A big test on Saturday but we now approach it in fine fettle, rather than in the disarray that looked very much on the cards last week.
  • Options
    Rovers played well for the first 20 minutes, lots of decent crosses into the box,they come at us from the off and pushed us back at times but Phillips made 4 really good saves.Lookman scored another great goal and worked really hard throughout the game, he covers a lot of ground, Magennis worked his socks off and deserved to get a goal, Chicksen goal for me was the pick of the bunch and it was a very very good performance from the team, it was over at 3-0 in my opinion.

We could really do with a good creative midfiled player with some energy and pace, we created a lot of chances tonight, Lookman and Chicksen wide gave us an attacking threat

Anyway Didn't see that coming, good win.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    At least three of those goals went in via a Rovers player and we were lucky not to have Phillips sent off too potentially leaving us with Mitov in goal at the weekend.

Seemed like one of those nights we just got the run of things. All teams need that once in a while, hopefully this is the start of a real good run.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

So, man in charge by default, not appointed by SMT, and we win two on the bounce?

Coincidence?

Quite possibly. It's two wins on the bounce in League One, not a run deep into the Champions League.

That's not to take away from the last two results. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened after Slade has gone. The hard thing to know is how much of it is Slade not being there, and how much of it is Nugent.

Also, to be fair to the SMT, sacking Slade looks like a good decision right now.
    Slade was only sacked because Duchatelet had not finished his meal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody phone, chicksen:)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    kentred2 said:

5 1 and couldn't give a shit. Would have preferred a defeat. Realised I no longer support CAFC after 48 years. Like my great interest in pre Norman history I will love my memories of Charlton past, reading about the history, talking to other fans and collecting my memorabilia and programmes etc, but no feelings for the present team at all.

Think Youve worded how I (and many others possibly) feel better than I could have!

The longer it goes on, the less I feel confident about being able to snap back into it when Roland goes!
  • Options
    Very anal stewards. Threatened to confiscate a Teenage lads phone for filming Valley Floyd Road. So pathetic and the steward wanted an argument. Must've been standing there arguing for 5 minutes with the fans around this kid. Really ridiculous. The chants of "Facebook Live" were good though.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

kentred2 said:

5 1 and couldn't give a shit. Would have preferred a defeat. Realised I no longer support CAFC after 48 years. Like my great interest in pre Norman history I will love my memories of Charlton past, reading about the history, talking to other fans and collecting my memorabilia and programmes etc, but no feelings for the present team at all.

Think I've worded how I (and many others possibly) feel better than I could have!

The longer it goes on, the less I feel confident about being able to snap back into it when Roland goes!
    Charlton till I die comes to mind.

You thought you were, you were sure you were... you actually weren't charlton til you die.
  • Options

Shame we won't get to see the all angles footage though.

You MIGHT do if Charlton were allowed to put their GoPro's behind the goals

Am sure we were for one away game...
  • Options
    What gives me confidence now is that the players seem to have some confidence on the ball whilst despite our next opponents are Sheffield United, they've not lost since August - Quite simply sure thats got to change sooner or later so why not against us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

sammy391 said:

kentred2 said:

Think I've worded how I (and many others possibly) feel better than I could have!

Charlton till I die comes to mind.

You thought you were, you were sure you were... you actually weren't charlton til you die.
    Charlton died first actually.
    Awwww, you deleted the bit where you said people that LOLed your post were 'scum'.

• Options
    Wonder who sent text into Magic radio read out just before 8am that said 'Charlton Athletic won 5-1 last night'!?
  • Options
    The purple can look Blue on TV
  • Options

One slight note... Saw a snapshot picture of the game on Twitter last night and have watched the highlights today.

Is it just me or was our choice of kit rather suspect, from both the picture and footage it potentially looked like there was a kit clash between us and Rovers and cant understand why we didnt just play in all red?

Going to guess we want to utilise the away kit as much as possible, but really it didn't clash at all, I know teams like to match up 'light vs dark' and technically our red kit is our 'light' kit
  • Options
    Goals http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-r-vs-charlton/358880

A tad harsh to boot the ball in Dillon's face in punishment for giving away the pen. (I expect the above video has already been posted and if it has I apologise wholeheartedly for my tardiness).
  • Options

Wonder who sent text into Magic radio read out just before 8am that said 'Charlton Athletic won 5-1 last night'!?

Err, kentred2?
  • Options
    http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11631/charlton-keeper-dillon-phillips-can-play-league-one-level-every-week/

Sounds a down to earth yet confident lad...

Always surprised me that he lasted so long as looking from afar he didnt look First-Team material just looking at him