Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson

I read today that he and one other were head to head t be our next manager. Well he was a great success at MKD wasn't he ?

Comments

• Options
    It's got to be Nugent now.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If we win again on Saturday, I wouldnt have too much of a problem if Nugent got the job full time. But, hasn't he said he doesn't want it?
  • Options
    The job is Robinson's already . To be announce tomorrow . Forget about Nugent bring manager.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    He was at the game tonight. I asked him when he was taking over and he said "I never stays the full 90 mins so there must be something in it"
  • Options

He was at the game tonight. I asked him when he was taking over and he said "I never stays the full 90 mins so there must be something in it"

What ?
    I'm wondering if it made more sense before it was edited.
  • Options
    Done and dusted I reckon. Know very little of him, what I do know i'd have said he's not a Charlton type but then I have no fuckin idea what that is anymore and maybe it doesn't matter anyway. Expect he'll last a bit longer than the rest maybe even the end of season if he's lucky. Promotion or nothing is the aim right?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Done and dusted I reckon. Know very little of him, what I do know i'd have said he's not a Charlton type but then I have no fuckin idea what that is anymore and maybe it doesn't matter anyway. Expect he'll last a bit longer than the rest maybe even the end of season if he's lucky. Promotion or nothing is the aim right?

As things stand, I'd say so, yes. If Lookman and Bauer are sold in January and not replaced then we'll have to reasses. But with this team I think promotion should be the objective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Rovers steward told me at the tonight's game that Robinson will be our new Manager.

Just passing this on.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    With a couple of midfielders and no key personnel losses this team is very likely to get promoted. With a positive maanger at the helm. Of course that will only take us back where we started and who trusts the owners to have the wit to do what needs to be done - however simple it is.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Reportedly said that we "need to stick together and the protests need to stop on Saturday"

surely not? Why say something to separate yourself from a large part of the fan base before you've even got the job?

"You're only here for the payoff!"

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Let's see what he says in his press conference first before we hang him out to dry because of one guy on twitter.

Hopefully it will be in front of the local press who can ask some questions about the protests and ongoing unrest etc. and not one just for the comms staff!
  • Options

Let's see what he says in his press conference first before we hang him out to dry because of one guy on twitter.

This - but he had better be word perfect when announced by the beaming Meire #groundhogday.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Reportedly said that we "need to stick together and the protests need to stop on Saturday"

Reportedly? By whom?
  • Options
    WSS said:

You dreamer Karl. Not happening mate.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Slade was pretty decent in his press conference - he didn't declare that he didn't have any balls for instance! I have nothing against Robinson, it just makes sense to me to keep things as they are and see if it is a flash in the plan or something more substantial!