Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

You carry on poncing your freebies to matches so you can gloat to your pals how your not putting any money in Roland's pocket, you're still there though!

Yes, still there, still supporting MY team. Isn't that what you were calling for people to do?

Difference is, I pay for my ticket!

Yes, and your point was?

Anyway, have a good weekend. Might see you tomorrow if I can find a spare ticket ; - )

Ha, ha, I'll be there, hope you find a freebie, wouldn't want you to miss a protest!

It'll be a great weekend (hopefully for both of us) if we beat Sheff. U.
    Always want us to win
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Nug said:

I feel so much better after that @LeedsbasedTownfan it's refreshing to know that you know all the ins and outs of our club over the last almost 3 years.

We may agree or disagree but a sincere thank you @LeedsbasedTownfan for your post.

This is how we are seen from the outside. It is too easy to get so self-absorbed and forget how we are perceived by others.
    No, it's how we are seen by ONE fan who hated Chris Powell. Not really a representative sample.

For sure, some other fans will have heard the regime lies and believed them and we need to address that but many more can see what a mess the club is and how badly it is being run.
    For the record, I didnt and don't hate Chris Powell. I don't rate him as a Manager and it was clear we needed a Manager who believed in his Players (and spent more time in Huddersfield than he did in London).

We are sitting 4th in the table with the 4th lowest budget in the Championship. I am of the view I am vindicated in wanting change.

Anyway, instead of dragging up irrelevant topics to this thread, you may instead wish to substantiate your viewpoints re your ongoing hate campaign (as other Charlton fans have eloquently done).

Never mind rebel without a cause, this tiresome tirade is becoming more like rebel without a purpose, end goal or clue.

• Options
    @Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.
    Have a read of Plato's Republic - you may understand a little more...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    sam3110 said:

The 36-year old arrives at The Valley on a two-and-a-half-year month deal

• Options

Good appointment for you this and a decent Man, I wish him well!.

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

With respect, this post shows how little you know about what is actually going on here.

Firstly, as already pointed out, the bulk of our community work is done by Charlton Athletic Community Trust, which is a completely separate entity from the club. The club desperately tries to claim the credit for the work CACT does, but it's nothing to do with them.

Secondly, these aren't hate campaigns, they are cleverly organised protests to show the staff at the club what the fans think of the way they are running things and to bring details of our plight to a wider audience by attracting the attention of the global media. It's also worth pointing out that we have won almost all of the games where there have been large protests. There have also been comments by the players who have categorically denied that the protests affect them in a negative way, and this is evidenced by my previous point.

It's all well and good saying we have spent some decent money in the transfer market, but what good is that when it gets you relegated? You may also not be aware that some of that good money we spent was on players we cannot now get rid of because according to our CEO 'there is no market for them'. We have around 5 players out on loan who played a handful of games, were judged not good enough (rightly so) and have to be farmed out just to get their salaries off the wage bill. Besides that, every single penny that the regime have spent has been loaded on the club as debt, which we have to pay interest on to Duchatelet's other company, Staprix. Things aren't always what they seem.

The reality is, that whilst the regime may look like they are attempting to do the right thing, behind the scenes nothing has changed, it's all fluff to try to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans. Unfortunately for the regime, the fans aren't as as stupid as they are and can see exactly what is happening here.
    I stand corrected re the fact that CACT are responsible for the work that is done in the Community.

What though does 'attempting to do the right thing' mean?. Surely getting rid of the Manager that most of you wanted rid of was 'doing the right thing'

Surely appointing Robinson (when you were expecting another RD dud) is 'doing the right thing'.

In Magennis, you have bought one of the best Players playing at League 1 level.

I am interested to know what 'we want our Charlton back' means for you? (and not just generic sound-bites like a better relationship with the owners).

So if the current regime went today and a new regime came in, what specifically would you want to see that isn't currently being done?. Tangibles.

If a new owner came in with a similar budget, what does 'utopia' look like for you?.

It's very simple. I want an owner that cares about the club and is engaged with the fans, someone who is keen to work together to bring success to the club. I would like an owner that has a coherent plan and a team of people within the club who are capable of executing that plan. We don't need promises of being in the Premier League in X number of years, or even at all, I'd be happy with baby steps forward, but we need to start going forward, because we are in an unnecessary slide which has been facilitated by the current owner and his useless lackey.

I don't think that is too much to ask, do you?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Nug said:

I feel so much better after that @LeedsbasedTownfan it's refreshing to know that you know all the ins and outs of our club over the last almost 3 years.

We may agree or disagree but a sincere thank you @LeedsbasedTownfan for your post.

This is how we are seen from the outside. It is too easy to get so self-absorbed and forget how we are perceived by others.
    No, it's how we are seen by ONE fan who hated Chris Powell. Not really a representative sample.

For sure, some other fans will have heard the regime lies and believed them and we need to address that but many more can see what a mess the club is and how badly it is being run.
    For the record, I didnt and don't hate Chris Powell. I don't rate him as a Manager and it was clear we needed a Manager who believed in his Players (and spent more time in Huddersfield than he did in London).

We are sitting 4th in the table with the 4th lowest budget in the Championship. I am of the view I am vindicated in wanting change.

Anyway, instead of dragging up irrelevant topics to this thread, you may instead wish to substantiate your viewpoints re your ongoing hate campaign (as other Charlton fans have eloquently done).

Never mind rebel without a cause, this tiresome tirade is becoming more like rebel without a purpose, end goal or clue.

'hate campaign'

absolutely clueless

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

You carry on poncing your freebies to matches so you can gloat to your pals how your not putting any money in Roland's pocket, you're still there though!

Yes, still there, still supporting MY team. Isn't that what you were calling for people to do?

And by paying for your ticket lining the pockets of the cancer killing OUR football club.
    Shut up shorty and get back to watching some obscure team that no one has ever heard of!
    Norwich United v Thamesmead tomorrow mate.
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

@Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.
    Have a read of Plato's Republic - you may understand a little more...

the real goal is RD out. We can't influence who comes in unless one of us is sitting on a shed load of cash. However, we do know that there are people out there ready to come in and rescue the Club from the clutches of a madman. So that is the aim, RD out, although I'd settle for Katrien to go as a starter.

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

And by paying for your ticket lining the pockets of the cancer killing OUR football club.
    Shut up shorty and get back to watching some obscure team that no one has ever heard of!
    I rest my case!

Enjoy!
  • Options

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

With respect, this post shows how little you know about what is actually going on here.

Firstly, as already pointed out, the bulk of our community work is done by Charlton Athletic Community Trust, which is a completely separate entity from the club. The club desperately tries to claim the credit for the work CACT does, but it's nothing to do with them.

Secondly, these aren't hate campaigns, they are cleverly organised protests to show the staff at the club what the fans think of the way they are running things and to bring details of our plight to a wider audience by attracting the attention of the global media. It's also worth pointing out that we have won almost all of the games where there have been large protests. There have also been comments by the players who have categorically denied that the protests affect them in a negative way, and this is evidenced by my previous point.

It's all well and good saying we have spent some decent money in the transfer market, but what good is that when it gets you relegated? You may also not be aware that some of that good money we spent was on players we cannot now get rid of because according to our CEO 'there is no market for them'. We have around 5 players out on loan who played a handful of games, were judged not good enough (rightly so) and have to be farmed out just to get their salaries off the wage bill. Besides that, every single penny that the regime have spent has been loaded on the club as debt, which we have to pay interest on to Duchatelet's other company, Staprix. Things aren't always what they seem.

The reality is, that whilst the regime may look like they are attempting to do the right thing, behind the scenes nothing has changed, it's all fluff to try to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans. Unfortunately for the regime, the fans aren't as as stupid as they are and can see exactly what is happening here.
    I stand corrected re the fact that CACT are responsible for the work that is done in the Community.

What though does 'attempting to do the right thing' mean?. Surely getting rid of the Manager that most of you wanted rid of was 'doing the right thing'

Surely appointing Robinson (when you were expecting another RD dud) is 'doing the right thing'.

I am interested to know what 'we want our Charlton back' means for you? (and not just generic sound-bites like a better relationship with the owners).

So if the current regime went today and a new regime came in, what specifically would you want to see that isn't currently being done?. Tangibles.

If a new owner came in with a similar budget, what does 'utopia' look like for you?.

It's very simple. I want an owner that cares about the club and is engaged with the fans, someone who is keen to work together to bring success to the club. I would like an owner that has a coherent plan and a team of people within the club who are capable of executing that plan. We don't need promises of being in the Premier League in X number of years, or even at all, I'd be happy with baby steps forward, but we need to start going forward, because we are in an unnecessary slide which has been facilitated by the current owner and his useless lackey.

I don't at all!. I am actually not hearing here that there is a lot to do to fix this.

Based on your response here, if the Club give Robinson 'fully' the reigns, he gets time and signs who he wants (within reason) coupled with a bit more honesty and transparency from the Owners. Some more wins and climb the table. You are good yeah?.

Your balanced view seems out of kilter with the hatred that is spouted on here that seems to be based on perceived issues within the Club that are massively disproportionate to the fans reaction.

We all get relegated (we bounced two divisions not long back), some of your fans need though to get over it and get behind your new Manager starting tomorrow.

I am not saying RD is right for for your Club, I would hate to have him at our Club.

A massive dollop of perspective is required though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a nutshell, I want an owner that wants the team to win, watches the team and brushes his teeth........crazy aren't I
  • Options

I don't at all!. I am actually not hearing here that there is a lot to do to fix this.

Based on your response here, if the Club give Robinson 'fully' the reigns, he gets time and signs who he wants (within reason) coupled with a bit more honesty and transparency from the Owners. Some more wins and climb the table. You are good yeah?.

Your balanced view seems out of kilter with the hatred that is spouted on here that seems to be based on perceived issues within the Club that are massively disproportionate to the fans reaction.

We all get relegated (we bounced two divisions not long back), some of your fans need though to get over it and get behind your new Manager starting tomorrow.

I am not saying RD is right for for your Club, I would hate to have him at our Club.

nothing wrong then. that's why people like me have not renewed the season tickets they have held for nearly 35 years. Whatever you say is irrelevant and of absolutely no consequence to me.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited November 2016

JohnnyH2 said:

We were relegated to the 3rd tier in 2009 and there was not a single protest so for you to suggest it's due to relegation is a nonsense.

Just start with 8 managers in under 3 years is a good place to start
    Question, if you had been promoted to the Premier League last season would you hate RD Or Katrien Meire?.

The Valley would be sold out every home match this season.

I rest my case.
    .....But that didn't happen and never will happen under RD and KM, the reason being, they are totally and utterly inept!

• Options
    Mercenary?
    Moron?
    Can't think of any other reasons why a manager with any credibility, experience or ambition would join the cast of Roland's toxic pantomime.
    His quote after the Bristol Rovers match proves he has firmly hitched himself to the regime's bandwagon. Whether that is through avarice or stupidity remains to be seen. My money is on a winning combination of both.
    His tenure as Roly's latest stooge is more likely to last 30 weeks than the stated 30 months, our best hope in that time is that he and his soon to be recruited coaching staff, somehow manage to pick up where Kevin Nugent leaves off and the remaining team performances result in a finish no lower than 20th. At least the atmosphere on Saturday should be a bit livelier, with so many yorkies in the Jimmy Seed.
    KR's Valley reception will be interesting to watch - I'd guess he'll be made about as welcome as Guy Luzon.
    Keep smilin
  • Options
    edited November 2016

This is the view of MOST of the fans I assure you. Of course there are extremists on both sides here, but many of us just want to see things done properly by people who give a toss. But you have to understand, this current regime will NEVER do things properly.

Even after sacking Slade, Duchatelet couldn't stop interfering. The day after sacking Russell he gave a coaching role to a former manager and coach of a previous club of his (Chris O'Louglin who was at Sint Truiden). We didn't even have a vacancy for another coach. This means that Robinson, from the outset is undermined, because he isn't going to be allowed to even pick his own coaching team.

This regime needs to go, and the protests are there to try to force them out. I support all the different protest groups in their endeavours.

By the way, I'm sure the majority of the fans WILL get behind the new man, and even throughout the protests, the fans have always been right behind the team, regardless of who the manager was.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

We were relegated to the 3rd tier in 2009 and there was not a single protest so for you to suggest it's due to relegation is a nonsense.

Just start with 8 managers in under 3 years is a good place to start
    Question, if you had been promoted to the Premier League last season would you hate RD Or Katrien Meire?.

The Valley would be sold out every home match this season.

I rest my case.
    Had we been promoted last season I would not have hated them and I would have said what an achievement it was to get promoted with 3 different managers (one from the Belguim 3rd Divison) and having a threadbare squad

So going back to my point which is based on fact, the last time we were relegated to the 3rd tier there were no protests
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

I rest my case!

Enjoy!
    The pics will make you wish you came along!

Send my love to all your chums on the other side!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As proven with Slade, they never do get time. Granted our start wasn't brilliant, but he only lost 1 out of his last 6 league games before he was sacked. But yet again we get the "We've found our man to take us forward" spiel, just as we had with Peeters, just as we had with Luzon, just as we had with Slade. It'd be utterly pointless giving them time to change each time we sacked a manager because we know that they're not going to. We have to act upon their track record, and it's utterly atrocious.

We haven't had honesty and transparency from them every since they arrived so what is there to make us think that it will ever change? Katrien saying so? Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

If you had been promoted to the Premier League under Chris Powell, would you have still wanted him sacked?

Absolutely not!, I didn't though embark on a campaign of hate against him or throw plastic toys on the pitch after watching the latest shit he served up on the pitch.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

If you had been promoted to the Premier League under Chris Powell, would you have still wanted him sacked?

Absolutely not!, I didn't though embark on a campaign of hate against him or throw plastic toys on the pitch after watching the latest shit he served up on the pitch.
    Because after a year he was sacked.

3 years later, Meire and Duchatelet are still here.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

This is a very valid point, a point accepted.

I would have been in a very dark place had Powell continued in his role at our Club. Now, I am starting to understand your pain a bit better.

I revert back to my initial point and fingers crossed the arrival of Robinson will herald better fortune for you. He needs though to be given a chance by the Owner and fans alike.

Disrupting his first match in charge is quite frankly incredulous.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

I would have been in a very dark place had Powell continued in his role at our Club. Now, I am starting to understand your pain a bit better.

I revert back to my initial point and fingers crossed the arrival of Robinson will herald better fortune for you. He needs though to be given a chance by the Owner and fans alike.

He's not even in charge tomorrow so your point is mute anyway.

But regardless, the club isn't set up in a way to succeed and that we have to protest at at every opportunity. We can't stop because the club appoints a new manager every couple of months.

But anyway, it's been shown on numerous occasions that the protests don't impact the way the team plays and even the players themselves have said that it doesn't make a difference.
    So RD goes and the results on the pitch are no better or worse and you spend less in the transfer market than you have done up to present.

What then?, more coffins?, more plastic?, more hatred?.

Where does it end?.

• Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

He's not even in charge tomorrow so your point is mute anyway.

But regardless, the club isn't set up in a way to succeed and that we have to protest at at every opportunity. We can't stop because the club appoints a new manager every couple of months.

But anyway, it's been shown on numerous occasions that the protests don't impact the way the team plays and even the players themselves have said that it doesn't make a difference.
    So RD goes and the results on the pitch are no better or worse and you spend less in the transfer market than you have done up to present.

What then?, more coffins?, more plastic?, more hatred?.

Where does it end?.

Ends when they're gone.

We've been relegated many times before without protest like this.