Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016

Good appointment for you this and a decent Man, I wish him well!.

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

With respect, this post shows how little you know about what is actually going on here.

Firstly, as already pointed out, the bulk of our community work is done by Charlton Athletic Community Trust, which is a completely separate entity from the club. The club desperately tries to claim the credit for the work CACT does, but it's nothing to do with them.

Secondly, these aren't hate campaigns, they are cleverly organised protests to show the staff at the club what the fans think of the way they are running things and to bring details of our plight to a wider audience by attracting the attention of the global media. It's also worth pointing out that we have won almost all of the games where there have been large protests. There have also been comments by the players who have categorically denied that the protests affect them in a negative way, and this is evidenced by my previous point.

It's all well and good saying we have spent some decent money in the transfer market, but what good is that when it gets you relegated? You may also not be aware that some of that good money we spent was on players we cannot now get rid of because according to our CEO 'there is no market for them'. We have around 5 players out on loan who played a handful of games, were judged not good enough (rightly so) and have to be farmed out just to get their salaries off the wage bill. Besides that, every single penny that the regime have spent has been loaded on the club as debt, which we have to pay interest on to Duchatelet's other company, Staprix. Things aren't always what they seem.

The reality is, that whilst the regime may look like they are attempting to do the right thing, behind the scenes nothing has changed, it's all fluff to try to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans. Unfortunately for the regime, the fans aren't as as stupid as they are and can see exactly what is happening here.
    I stand corrected re the fact that CACT are responsible for the work that is done in the Community.

What though does 'attempting to do the right thing' mean?. Surely getting rid of the Manager that most of you wanted rid of was 'doing the right thing'

Surely appointing Robinson (when you were expecting another RD dud) is 'doing the right thing'.

In Magennis, you have bought one of the best Players playing at League 1 level.

I am interested to know what 'we want our Charlton back' means for you? (and not just generic sound-bites like a better relationship with the owners).

So if the current regime went today and a new regime came in, what specifically would you want to see that isn't currently being done?. Tangibles.

If a new owner came in with a similar budget, what does 'utopia' look like for you?.

• Options
    I'm sure many have seen the underlying value of my previous question - essentially what do we want? I work a lot in political circles, and constantly see the wrong questions being asked, and then answers to different questions. What do we want - our Charlton back. Does that equal precisely ousting RD - I don't think so. And from some of the answers I've had I think others feel the same. I (yes 1 man crusade - but I'm used to that) think we should be changing the rhetoric. Our actual end goal isn't RD out, its getting our Charlton back. RD can be the money man, the owner, but he has proven he can't run a club. And I agree KM has proved she can't either. So I'd like a change of Rhetoric to - we want Charlton run properly rather than solely we want RD out. I bring up Ashley again - he realised he could be the money but had to have no input into the Toon.
    Not sure how to do it, I just know we could do it, and make progress.

In the meantime, I'll be there protesting on Saturday with you guys.

Hope you can see the direction I'm going in. RD selling would be great right now, but actually I don't think its the real end goal we are after. And if I'm right, we should be aiming at the goal, not the false dawn.
  • Options
    For me, @LeedsbasedTownfan, it would be, in a word, competence.

In a few more, an understanding of football and football fans, allied with the aforementioned competence. Putting in place the structures (including squad and backroom staff, it would be lovely to see people being hired and retained who know what the feck they are doing) to maximise the chances of success, the sort of thing that normal football clubs try to do. Yes, there is also engaging with fans and seeking to work together with them - as opposed to the utterly bonkers approach that the regime have taken. Some idea of stability, and a reasonable belief that players might not be sold to the first half-serious bidder would also be lovely. A recognition that maybe, just maybe, being successful in the field of electronic automotive components and spectacularly unsuccessful in politics does not make you, or your minions experts regarding football and a club about which you appear to know nothing and care less about.

Fundamentally, the current regime are clueless and inimical to the club and the wider Charlton community.

Karl Robinson is an improvement on Slade, but the fundamentals of our position and antipathy towards the regime will not change unless the regime does or leaves (and the latter, going by past histroy, is more likely than the former).
  • Options
    And here's to you, Karl Robinson
    Katrien loves you more than you will know
    Wo wo wo
    God bless you, please, Karl Robinson
    The Valley holds a place for those who Win
    Hey hey hey, hey hey hey
    We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
    We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
    Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes, and protests
    Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home
    And here's to you, Karl Robinson,
    Roland loves you more than you will know
    Wo wo wo
    Calm down please, Karl Robinson
    The Valley holds a place for those who win
    Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Sitting on a sofa on a Saturday afternoon
    Going to the match
    Laugh about it, shout about it
    When you've got to choose
    Every way you look at it you mustn't lose.

Where have you gone, Karl Robinson
    The Charlton fanbase turned its lonely eyes to you, wo wo wo
    What's that you say, Karl Robinson
    Katrien told you Porkies and now you've left and gone away,
    Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey
  • Options

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

We always win when we protest so it wouldn't be a problem.
  • Options

Cambridge said:

I'm sure many have seen the underlying value of my previous question - essentially what do we want? I work a lot in political circles, and constantly see the wrong questions being asked, and then answers to different questions. What do we want - our Charlton back. Does that equal precisely ousting RD - I don't think so. And from some of the answers I've had I think others feel the same. I (yes 1 man crusade - but I'm used to that) think we should be changing the rhetoric. Our actual end goal isn't RD out, its getting our Charlton back. RD can be the money man, the owner, but he has proven he can't run a club. And I agree KM has proved she can't either. So I'd like a change of Rhetoric to - we want Charlton run properly rather than solely we want RD out. I bring up Ashley again - he realised he could be the money but had to have no input into the Toon.
    Not sure how to do it, I just know we could do it, and make progress.

In the meantime, I'll be there protesting on Saturday with you guys.

Hope you can see the direction I'm going in. RD selling would be great right now, but actually I don't think its the real end goal we are after. And if I'm right, we should be aiming at the goal, not the false dawn.

Why do you keep changing the question?

First you ask an extremely hypothetical question about Roland completely changing the way he runs the club and ignore the responses.

Now you ask what people want agai? How many more times. People have said it again and again and still you ask.

But yet again I want the club sold at a sensible price to a sensible owner/s with realistic ambition for the football club and the funds to realise that ambition while having an understanding of football and Charlton Athletic in particular.

And a credible, respected SMT.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Even a fucking Leeds fan can see it!

And to think some of you got upset because I called you blinkered!
    Psst......... I think he's a Huddersfield fan ;)
    Doh!

Ha,ha, even an effin Huddersfield fan can see it then!
    Except he can't
    Well it is that time of the year!

'Oh yes he can'!
    As @WestCountryAddick has already pulled his ill informed argument apart I can only repeat, no he can't.

As for you you are saying just what you said when Slade came, new start, stop the protests, back the team, all be OK. that went well.
    I also said that I wasn't particularly in favour of signing Slade, but that didn't stop me supporting him and the team to do well. There were signs that things were changing under him especially with our performance against Scunthorpe, but unfortunately for him the awful performance at Swindon and the league position at the time saw him sacked. There's no denying that Slade came in and gave the club stability that can be built on.

We now have appointed an up and coming young English manager who seems to be a positive amongst the opinion of the fans. So, once again he will have my support as I only want the team to do well, but don't let that get in the way of you and your CARD mates protesting and spoiling an important game for the club on Saturday.

You may not think so, but there are a lot of fans that are now sick and tired of these protests, certainly a lot more than six months ago, you are gradually losing your support.

£44,000 spent and he is still here and not looking likely to go either, still enjoy pushing on to £50,000, at least the novelty toy manufacturers are making a profit!
    ^^^^LOL
  • Options

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LBTF asks what do we want, tangibles.

I want a competently run club with some ambition that respects its history and traditions. I accept that ambition may need to be curtailed by lack of money, but I want us to be a well run club that punches above its weight, as opposed to the opposite which is currently true.

I don't for one minute believe the current owners can deliver this as they have shown time and time again that faced with a choice they will overwhelmingly choose the worse option. I accept there are plenty of fans sick of the protests but there are more who are just totally disconnected from the club. I'm quite close to that myself - I want us to win but of the 4 games I've seen this season, the only good one in terms of atmosphere was the Coventry one. If I go tomorrow it's because there are protests as much as us being on a good run.

Could the owner change his ways? Yes.

Could I win the lottery? Yes.

Are either of them at all likely? No.

If Karl Robinson is truly the manager and there's no interference from RD or Driesen or CO'L, it is a first step on the way back. I'm quite excited by KR in a way that I wasn't with Slade. But all we can do is wait and see and continue to pile pressure on the owner and hope.

• Options
    Nug said:

I feel so much better after that @LeedsbasedTownfan it's refreshing to know that you know all the ins and outs of our club over the last almost 3 years.

We may agree or disagree but a sincere thank you @LeedsbasedTownfan for your post.

This is how we are seen from the outside. It is too easy to get so self-absorbed and forget how we are perceived by others.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Nug said:

I feel so much better after that @LeedsbasedTownfan it's refreshing to know that you know all the ins and outs of our club over the last almost 3 years.

We may agree or disagree but a sincere thank you @LeedsbasedTownfan for your post.

This is how we are seen from the outside. It is too easy to get so self-absorbed and forget how we are perceived by others.
    No, it's how we are seen by ONE fan who hated Chris Powell. Not really a representative sample.

For sure, some other fans will have heard the regime lies and believed them and we need to address that but many more can see what a mess the club is and how badly it is being run.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Doh!

Except he can't

'Oh yes he can'!
    As @WestCountryAddick has already pulled his ill informed argument apart I can only repeat, no he can't.

As for you you are saying just what you said when Slade came, new start, stop the protests, back the team, all be OK. that went well.
    I also said that I wasn't particularly in favour of signing Slade, but that didn't stop me supporting him and the team to do well. There were signs that things were changing under him especially with our performance against Scunthorpe, but unfortunately for him the awful performance at Swindon and the league position at the time saw him sacked. There's no denying that Slade came in and gave the club stability that can be built on.

Is there? Where is the stability if he's just been sacked?

We now have appointed an up and coming young English manager who seems to be a positive amongst the opinion of the fans.

Just as Slade was seen as a positive. Same old, same old

So, once again he will have my support as I only want the team to do well, Good, so do I. That's why I'm protesting as we have more chance of the team doing well with better owners and SMT

but don't let that get in the way of you and your CARD mates protesting and spoiling an important game for the club on Saturday.
    Only you don't know what the protests are (neither do I as I'm not part of CARD) so you have no idea if they will "spoil" an important game. Didn't spoil the Coventry game (only other protest game for 4 months as we had our biggest win and best atmosphere of the season

You may not think so, but there are a lot of fans that are now sick and tired of these protests, How many are there? Done a survey and even if there are some does that mean those who want to protest should stop? certainly a lot more than six months ago, you are gradually losing your support. Again wishful thinking from you. £50k donated to protest fund, 1000 protest shirts sold, thousands on the March v Coventry, continued anti-Roland chanting at games, 3,000 pigs on the pitch. And your evidence is what? A few losers on other losers sites claiming support is down?

£44,000 spent and he is still here and not looking likely to go either, still enjoy pushing on to £50,000, at least the novelty toy manufacturers are making a profit!
    How to you know he's not looking to go? Have you asked him? Because Meire said so? She also backed Slade and then sacked him so I wouldn't believe her too much. I've always said it might take seasons to get rid of him but that's OK for you as no matter how far we drop or how many managers they sack you will sing the same tune. "it's OK, it's going to get better, don't bother me with facts or reality, I decided the protests are bad and won't ever change my mind regardless of how bad it gets"

How very bold of you!

Dissect every part of my post to make yourself look important, pretty much the same as every statement that comes out of the club, spun to your advantage.

So, fans that do not support you are now losers, sums you and CARD up really!

Open your eyes to your dwindling support, fans are turning, look at the facebook page survey from yesterday with regards to protesting this Saturday only 50/50 now, even Louis mentioned it on his show last night!

No comment on the last paragraph I see with the fortune that has been wasted, you haven't got a secret toy factory somewhere have you? Oh, and I don't know whether he will go or not and neither do you, but £50,000 later and he's still here, what's the next call £100,000!

You carry on poncing your freebies to matches so you can gloat to your pals how your not putting any money in Roland's pocket, you're still there though!
  • Options
    The problem is that those who don't know, don't know that they don't know.

Round and round we go.
  • Options
    Not overwhelmed about it, not underwhelmed about it, just whemled.
  • Options
    You carry on poncing your freebies to matches so you can gloat to your pals how your not putting any money in Roland's pocket, you're still there though!

Yes, still there, still supporting MY team. Isn't that what you were calling for people to do?

Difference is, I pay for my ticket!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

I didn't agree with the sacking of Slade but it is possible that as soon as Robinson became available RD and/or KM became interested in swapping the managers over.

In my view Robinson has much more potential. He is not only younger but he has already, at 36, achieved more than Slade has. Not withstanding achievements with Orient, MK Dons have done more under Robinson (relative to where we want to be) than any of the sides Slade has managed.

I guess the difference is that I suspect that with Slade we were almost certainly not going to set the division alight but were also not going to go on long runs unbeaten. With Robinson either are possible.

I'm relatively pleased with the appointment but with the incumbents we've had in the past the bar wasn't, exactly, set very high was it?

In the end it doesn't matter, we will either be a Championship club by the end of May or we'll have another new manager.

You seriously think that Roland Duchatelet - Mr 1.5 percent - had ever heard of Karl Robinson before Slade was sacked, never mind became interested in recruiting him?
    Even this incompetent lot must have looked up all the managers that had won promotion from the 3rd division in the last couple of seasons when Riga left.

If there was any kind of list last summer Robinson must have been on it surely?

Also I'm sure that agents 'tap up' clubs in the same way that they do with players.

Nothing surprises me with this lot now but it just occurred to me that maybe Robinsons sacking might have alerted them to him as a replacement for Slade.

I know this shouldn't surprise me but the Slade sacking didn't really make much sense, particularly after the run before the Swindon game.
    We will never have the STABILITY we require with a manager all the whilst these clowns are in charge.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Yes, still there, still supporting MY team. Isn't that what you were calling for people to do?

And by paying for your ticket lining the pockets of the cancer killing OUR football club.
  • Options
    Come on SeriouslyRed, join in with EssexAl and get this thread into overdrive.

"Sell the club and f*** off home".
  • Options

Not overwhelmed about it, not underwhelmed about it, just whemled.

A pleasing sufficiency of whelm?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Yes, and your point was?

Anyway, have a good weekend. Might see you tomorrow if I can find a spare ticket ; - )

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Yes, and your point was?

Anyway, have a good weekend. Might see you tomorrow if I can find a spare ticket ; - )

Ha, ha, I'll be there, hope you find a freebie, wouldn't want you to miss a protest!

It'll be a great weekend (hopefully for both of us) if we beat Sheff. U.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Yes, and your point was?

Ha, ha, I'll be there, hope you find a freebie, wouldn't want you to miss a protest!

It'll be a great weekend (hopefully for both of us) if we beat Sheff. U.
    Aint gonna happen, they are "coming good" :smile:
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

And by paying for your ticket lining the pockets of the cancer killing OUR football club.
    Shut up shorty and get back to watching some obscure team that no one has ever heard of!
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Doh!

Except he can't

'Oh yes he can'!

Is there? Where is the stability if he's just been sacked?

We now have appointed an up and coming young English manager who seems to be a positive amongst the opinion of the fans.

Just as Slade was seen as a positive. Same old, same old

So, once again he will have my support as I only want the team to do well, Good, so do I. That's why I'm protesting as we have more chance of the team doing well with better owners and SMT

but don't let that get in the way of you and your CARD mates protesting and spoiling an important game for the club on Saturday.
    Only you don't know what the protests are (neither do I as I'm not part of CARD) so you have no idea if they will "spoil" an important game. Didn't spoil the Coventry game (only other protest game for 4 months as we had our biggest win and best atmosphere of the season

You may not think so, but there are a lot of fans that are now sick and tired of these protests, How many are there? Done a survey and even if there are some does that mean those who want to protest should stop? certainly a lot more than six months ago, you are gradually losing your support. Again wishful thinking from you. £50k donated to protest fund, 1000 protest shirts sold, thousands on the March v Coventry, continued anti-Roland chanting at games, 3,000 pigs on the pitch. And your evidence is what? A few losers on other losers sites claiming support is down?

How to you know he's not looking to go? Have you asked him? Because Meire said so? She also backed Slade and then sacked him so I wouldn't believe her too much. I've always said it might take seasons to get rid of him but that's OK for you as no matter how far we drop or how many managers they sack you will sing the same tune. "it's OK, it's going to get better, don't bother me with facts or reality, I decided the protests are bad and won't ever change my mind regardless of how bad it gets"

Thunderous applause from the realists.
    extremists!

Fixed it for you!