Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

From their forum.. "Karl Robinson is so much more impressive, imposing and formidable when it comes to speaking to the media."

They'll learn soon enough.
  • Options
    Talal said:

From their forum.. "Karl Robinson is so much more impressive, imposing and formidable when it comes to speaking to the media."

What planet do these people live on?!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Ive never actually listened to one of his press conferences before but happened to watch todays game. My god he is impressive imposing and formidable when speaking to the media the oxford fan is right. Pity no points are on offer for the post match interview. Me thinks we shall be doing Karl a favour next week when we record back to back wins against Northampton. Oxford are only 5 points clear of that drop zone after all.
  • Options

haven't seen the match but guess it was always going to be a tough start for Karl away to Pompey on tv.
    looked on the Oxford forum website when he was announced for them and they all sounded rather excited. reality is a bitch.

To be fair, it's not a bad hire for them. It was only about 8 years ago that they were a non-league club. This is only their second season in L1 and that can be a really difficult season in terms of staying up. As frustrating as things were under Robinson I never really felt we'd get relegated under him. Robinson's level is about mid-table L1. Given the amount we spend on wages and the profile of the club that's not good enough for us, but I don't think it's too disrespectful to say that he would have less pressure at Oxford and is a pretty decent bet to keep them safe.
  • Options
    Looking at the possession stats, I can't believe that Oxford dominated the game so much, as well as completely outplaying the opposition, and didn't come away with the win. They just didn't finish their chances.
  • Options

Looking at the possession stats, I can't believe that Oxford dominated the game so much, as well as completely outplaying the opposition, and didn't come away with the win. They just didn't finish their chances.

Sticking the penalty away and keeping 11 men on the park might have helped :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Sticking the penalty away and keeping 11 men on the park might have helped :wink: .
    Surely they dominated them even more when they went down to ten men?
  • Options
    Ha hAh Ha Ha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Surely they dominated them even more when they went down to ten men?
    I was referring to the 'and didn't come away with the win' bit.
  • Options

Possession means nothing.
    Under Robinson we regularly got 60%plus possession and never won.

Yesterday under Bowyer we had under 50%Possession and won the game comfortably.

The possession stat means absolutely nothing it's what you do when you have possession that matters

;)
  • Options
    There’s some creative people on here surely someone can come up with a Karl Robinson bingo game.
  • Options
    Can't overcome his own formation :lol:
  • Options
    No new manager bounce like our club then :smiley:
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options

Move on

It's good to talk ;-)
  • Options

Possession means nothing.
    Under Robinson we regularly got 60%plus possession and never won.

Yesterday under Bowyer we had under 50%Possession and won the game comfortably.

The possession stat means absolutely nothing it's what you do when you have possession that matters

And 90% of that 60% plus was in our own 1/3rd.

Fuck mine we always played like a team 3nil up when we were 1 nil down.

Good riddance now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One day Robinson will realise that refs hate him as much as most supporters

Wonky smiley thing.

• Options

Winky smiley thing.

• Options

Wonky smiley thing.

Karl Robinson, you mean?

• Options

Well that sounds similar!
  • Options

Move on

In ten years time we will draw Tranmere in the cup (back in League 2 by then) and managed by 48 year old Robinson, some Charlton fans will sing the Pardew and Parker chant." Robbo, Robbo your a cuxx " because they can't move on. (Plus they have a potty mouth)
    Karl who ?
    Move on nothing to see.(plenty to hear !)
    Karl Robinson's record was symmetrical, which was bang average in a bang average league. Bowyer is a winner, I really hope it's with Cafc but once he gets a taste of being a number 1 he won't want to go back as a coach.
  • Options
    I think the last thing I want to say before taking Henrys advice and moving on; my main reasons for my dislike of KR comes down to a couple of things;

1) it was clear he wanted out weeks ago and the impact that had on the team and performances (and will have factored into his reticence to try different tactics towards the end in my opinion) which may have cost us a playoff place, or at least a far more comfortable one.
    2) an extension of 1 - he came out and said he had told players who did not believe we could go up not to bother turning up to training - in hindsight he should have taken his own advice some weeks ago - his decision to long it out may very well cost us another season in this awful league.
    3) everyone knows his decision to resign was based in self interest - nothing wrong with that in itself, but why not just come out and be honest with us and say he was going before he was pushed - rather than making out it was because Oxford was so much of a better proposition, and how he jumped at the chance - OF COURSE that will get our backs up.

Again, that's just my personal thoughts and the last I have to say on the guy other than I hope he fails at Oxford based on points 1-3 above and I won't apologise for that if it seems harsh.

... and now I move on....
  • Options
    One more then I'll stop... "Ive been saying that all season, now with a different manager he will lose all 4 strikers and bring in strikers that will f*****g shoot"