Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should I be able to defend my family in our own home without fear?

124»

Comments

• Do a 1 inch punch on their temple and they're fucked

• Make sure you have decent locks on your doors and windows. All this "stab them to defend my family" stuff is ridiculous. You'll get hurt.

Not if you're a proper geezer like me
    Well, obviously, Rob. I didn't include you.

I know you already have your poison-tipped bamboo dart mantraps dug all round the house. ;-)
  • Whenever this subject came up in the past I always came over all macho and said I'd take down anyone who dared to enter my house etc but now that I have a wife and 2 small kids in the house my preferred scenario (other than never having an intruder in the first place) is to scare them off as soon as possible and preferably before they even get in the house. Turn the lights on, make some noise, loudly call the Police on the phone etc.

Opening the door and taking them on is just not an option for a 40-something shortarse fat bloke.
  • Jayajosh said:

The law appears to be on the side of the perpetrator:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/dec/14/jail-brothers-burglar-cricket-bat

No it doesn't. Chasing after someone, catching them, and continually beating them with a bat so they have brain damage is not self defence, it's anger and revenge. Whether the perpetrator deserved it or not is a different subject and irrelevant in law.
  • DRAddick said:

Jayajosh said:

The law appears to be on the side of the perpetrator:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/dec/14/jail-brothers-burglar-cricket-bat

No it doesn't. Chasing after someone, catching them, and continually beating them with a bat so they have brain damage is not self defence, it's anger and revenge. Whether the perpetrator deserved it or not is a different subject and irrelevant in law.
    To be frank it does sound like what some on here would like to do though!