Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Honeymoon Advice

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    ross1 said:

September is in the middle of the Hurricane season in the Caribbean, but if you can afford Barbados, they have not had a hurricane for over 100 years as they are too far east for it. I have been to the Caribbean a few times during hurricane season, and the only time it nearly bothered me was this year in Jamaica, I came back a week before it hit, although we had short thunderstorms most days. Dominican Republic is also very good and not as pricey as other popular islands. Have a good honeymoon wherever you go, never to be forgotten

I always go in the hurricane season - August - and haven'tfound one but there have been one or two which just missed us. Thinking of doing the Dominican republic as along with Cuba they represent the best value.
  • Options

ross1 said:

September is in the middle of the Hurricane season in the Caribbean, but if you can afford Barbados, they have not had a hurricane for over 100 years as they are too far east for it. I have been to the Caribbean a few times during hurricane season, and the only time it nearly bothered me was this year in Jamaica, I came back a week before it hit, although we had short thunderstorms most days. Dominican Republic is also very good and not as pricey as other popular islands. Have a good honeymoon wherever you go, never to be forgotten

I always go in the hurricane season - August - and haven't found one but there have been one or two which just missed us. Thinking of doing the Dominican republic as along with Cuba they represent the best value.
    Having been to both, agree. If you go to Dominican, go to Bavaro, Punta Cana, best area
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Went to Sotuh Africa for mine. 10 rand to the £ at the time. Hit 24 rand about a year ago and is still about 17 now so would be great value.

Flew to Cape Town, had flights, car and 3 nights in Cape Town booked. Then just went off to the wine regions and up the garden route. Whale watching season would be in full flow, you can just stand on the shore and watch them. So much to do, lovely weather and reasonable prices. Flying there is a doddle as there is no time difference and flights are something like 12 hours through the night so if you can sleep on the plane you get up in the morning ready for the first day of your trip.

Loved it, would go again but 2 small kids means flying 12 hours is a no go.

Alternative would be a safari although not sure when in the year is best to go... Check out www.africatravelresource.com who took us to Tanzannia, my best holiday ever (although not cheap they will work something to fit your budget-within reason-from luxury lodges to bivouac under the stars.

South Africa is a good shout - no Dewani jokes though
    That happened whilst I was out there. As sad a storey as it clearly is I couldn't but help be impressed (surprised is probably a better word!) by the fact that when first released in UK their names weren't given and it was just "millionaire Brits on honeymoon" described and a couple of people phoned my folks to check it wasn't me !
  • Options
    Thanks all, some amazing suggestions!! Will be researching all, was looking at Jamaica but hurricane season putting me off.

Mauritius is another place I'd like to look into if anyone been there??
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I have sent PMs to @sinking feesh and @bobmunro about Rwanda. If anyone else wants to know about tours in this country, let me know. (I don't want to appear as if I am advertising - so I will keep it all off the thread).

Did you guys ( @sinking feesh and @bobmunro ) get hold of the company, whose details I gave you?
  • Options
    Bali, Maldives, Sri Lanka, if you want beaches. Sydney (if want a city break)
  • Options
    Prague for a city break type holiday

A cruise in Scandinavia, the fjords would be amazing

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I have sent PMs to @sinking feesh and @bobmunro about Rwanda. If anyone else wants to know about tours in this country, let me know. (I don't want to appear as if I am advertising - so I will keep it all off the thread).

Did you guys ( @sinking feesh and @bobmunro ) get hold of the company, whose details I gave you?
    Not yet - dealing with some real life shit at the moment.

I will though, it does sound amazing.