Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best places to eat in SE London

Comments

• Options
    Bianco in Greenwich, think they have one in Blackheath, found it on the off chance last year and been back many times. 

Lovely little Italian place
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Went to Legends on Eltham high st just before lockdown. Superb lunch, excellent service.
    Recommended.
    Is this the big new place with an upstairs?
    No, a couple of doors down from WH Smith.
    Used to be the Italian place?

Was Mellins for years.

It’s had a few name changes recently I think?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Morley's
    Amazingly, the fish and chip shop on Charlton Church Lane has now become a Morley's.

A proper Morley's at that, not "Mr Fansatic Monley's" either.
    I've only ever had KFC.
    How does Morley's compare?
    It’s pretty terrible, but it’s proper South London!
  • Options
    AT HOME
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Morley's
    Amazingly, the fish and chip shop on Charlton Church Lane has now become a Morley's.

A proper Morley's at that, not "Mr Fansatic Monley's" either.
    There is a "Mowley's" on Woolwich road about 200 metres from a Morleys. 

I would say that you know you have made it when cheap knock off versions of you are coming up all over the place.
  • Options
    Golden Chippy on Greenwich High Road remains my favourite.
    Used to come out the gym, cross the road and get sausage and chips there for the walk home up the hill. I’m sure it was all good for me.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Having recently moved to Chislehurst and tried more or less every takeaway....

Mountain View (Indian) is very good.
    So is Cray's Fish bar
    "Knowing Meat knowing you" is very good (they only operate Thurs-Sat
    Carved Dive in Bromley does fantastic burgers, although the menu is incredibly limited. 
    I Love Gyoza is possibly the best Chinese takeaway I have ever had too...

I've only been here 2 weeks... 
    you tried the Bengal lancer?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Huskaris said:

So is Cray's Fish bar
    Carved Dive in Bromley does fantastic burgers, although the menu is incredibly limited. 

you tried the Bengal lancer?
    Not yet, only Mountain View, worth a go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I r never had takeaway but it’s the best Indian in Chislehurst in my view.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Thanks, will try them soon!
  • Options
    Cinnamon culture in Sundridge Park is the best curry house you’ll go too. Incredible place.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

So is Cray's Fish bar

Agree on Gyoza. We rarely have takeaways but have used them 3 or 4 times in lockdown and as you say, the best Chinese/Asian takeaway I've had. Their sushi is fantastic, as are all the dishes we've tried.
  • Options
    A freshly cooked burger from Morleys in New Cross is a joy.
  • Options
    so Ziyafet in Eltham. We really always have enjoyed the food in there its excellent. My brother in law mentioned that when he was in there pre wave 2 lockdown (3-4 weeks back), he saw one of the staff preparing for a delivery by sticking the delivery bag over his head and blowing into it to open it up. Not sure if the staff memeber ralised he could be seen, but it doesnt make me feel that they take hygiene that seriously.  and for that reason, I'm out! which is a damn shame, as its the best of the Eltham restaurants. Doesnt say much I know.
  • Options
    dogpat65 said:
    so Ziyafet in Eltham. We really always have enjoyed the food in there its excellent. My brother in law mentioned that when he was in there pre wave 2 lockdown (3-4 weeks back), he saw one of the staff preparing for a delivery by sticking the delivery bag over his head and blowing into it to open it up. Not sure if the staff memeber ralised he could be seen, but it doesnt make me feel that they take hygiene that seriously.  and for that reason, I'm out! which is a damn shame, as its the best of the Eltham restaurants. Doesnt say much I know.

Ziyafet scores 3/5.. whilst satisfactory doesn't feel me with much confidence:

https://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/695129

• Options
    Chupitos in Welling.
    Never thought I'd experience such high quality tapas in DA16! If you've not been or are a bit doubtful, the owner/chef's cv should provide you with nice assurance. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Arguably the best, definitely more expensive than most.
    The Royal Cuisine hidden around the corner has the same standard food at about 25% less. in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Giggling Squid in Chislehurst is lovely if you've never been there. Bit pricey but definitely worth a try if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Arguably the best, definitely more expensive than most.
    The Royal Cuisine hidden around the corner has the same standard food at about 25% less. in my opinion.
    I have to agree with you there, but have you seen their food hygiene rating? Its not as good as most of would like. Tasty food though.
    The Bengal Lancer I thought was very nice years ago but the last time I went in there , maybe two or 3 years ago I didn't think it as good as it was, probably a me thing rather than it being not up to standard.
    Mountain view is our go to one after a few in the Queens Heads. Never had a bad one in there, more Nepal than India. Not that makes any difference to me.
    There is a  Indian that has just opened up, (start of summer), in Locksbottom, which is quite handy for me as the Indigo has become a Turkish. Both really nice but I doubt they will be taking any more table bookings this year although they do a take away service.
  • Options
    Don't rate the Indians in se london all taste the same. Happy to be convinced otherwise. Prefer authentic punjabi food tbh. 

Giggling squid is nice.
    marios sandwich shop in sidcup near the co op does a lovely sandwich, the grand torino. Ooof. 
  • Options
    The new Indian in Locksbottom is part of the Cyprianis Empire. They also have a interest in the butchers a few doors down. Cyprianis in Petts Wood is really good, head and shoulders above Aqua, but i do think their Locksbottom  place, in the old Barclays branch, is marginally better. Their 2 or 3 course menu weekday lunchtimes and evenings is top value. Wine prices are a bit strong and £7:50 for a large Peroni  keeps you safe for the drive home
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

So is Cray's Fish bar

Winner for best restaurant / delivery service must be "Knowing Meat knowing you", surely...... Based on the name alone I will check it out.
  • Options
    Ginger and Spice are doing some really nice (and quite authentic) Indian food in Chislehurst.

Mountain view is ok - Bengal Lancer has gone downhill IMHO.

Giggling Squid is good, Bank House too.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

"Knowing Meat knowing you" is very good

Been described as 'Lovely stuff' not my words Huskaris, the words of Shakin' Stevens
  • Options
    Had takeaway from Shampan Welling during first lockdown.  So good that we went 4-5 times to the restaurant after that. 

Best Indian food I have experienced in SE London ... and I’ve tried a lot. 

Will be getting another delivery next week. 
  • Options
    Excellent Italian in Bexleyheath ... Il Vesuvio ... friendly staff and the food is excellent. 

Great quality Italian also from Stuzzichini Bexleyheath, and that’s just the takeaway. Not been to the restaurant yet. 

For Chinese, my favourite at the moment is Chinagaga. 
  • Options
    For a more expensive meal, Chapters in Locksbottom in superb.