Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVENTRY v BLADES

13»

Comments

• Options
    IA said:

Fans singing nasty songs at each other shock!!! Bit of an over reaction to this in my view.

I am sure if Palace or Millwall were suffering in the hands of bad owners and we played them at home a song or two relating to it would ring out from the North stand.

Never realised Sheffield United and Coventry were rivals.
    Everybody are rivals.
    Does anyone think that Burnley would have been our post match friends if they'd needed 3 points to stay up and we beat them.
    Footy fans are very fickle.
  • Options
    Sheffield to Coventry is about the same distance as Charlton to Peterborough.

Would we really go to London Road and act like that if their club was in trouble?
  • Options
    edited December 2016

A Coventry fan ran over and knocked a Sheff Utd fan out at the Ricoh tonight, after Blades were singing in favour of the Sky Blues owners. pic.twitter.com/0Pg9wiuez8

— Away Days Videos (@AwayDaysVideos) December 15, 2016
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Well done Coventry fans

yes well done in disrupting the flow of the game which was heading for a draw costing your team a valuable point, possibly demoralising an improving young team and giving the Blades an undeserved 2 extra points putting them second in the table .. protest OK, fine .. BUT OFF THE PITCH
    I get your point Lincs but for me the result or what happened because of the result was immaterial vs the bigger picture. Because it's so bad up there the game takes a back seat, they needed their voices heard in that way.

Fans singing nasty songs at each other shock!!! Bit of an over reaction to this in my view.

I am sure if Palace or Millwall were suffering in the hands of bad owners and we played them at home a song or two relating to it would ring out from the North stand.

For me personally I would like to think the football community could come together here and unite in this instance. As with Lincs' post I get your point and yes I can't stand Millwall or Palace, but I like to think if they were going through what Cov were going through, I wouldn't sing antagonistic songs despite the rivalry.

Bit different a situation but I support Millwall's fight against Lewisham council re: purchasing of the ground around the stadium. Wouldn't want to see anything jeopardise a club's existence even if it those scummy bastards

Not having a pop at either of you just my thoughts on the subject are different here I think
    Your thoughts on the subject are different here so piss off back to the argument & Brexit thread's :smiley:
  • Options

A Coventry fan ran over and knocked a Sheff Utd fan out at the Ricoh tonight, after Blades were singing in favour of the Sky Blues owners. pic.twitter.com/0Pg9wiuez8

— Away Days Videos (@AwayDaysVideos) December 15, 2016

He might have been "knocked out", but didn't look like it to me.

Looked like both sides (in the fight), got what they were after.
  • Options
    There is a video going around on Twitter of a tear up at the boxing on Saturday. I wonder if the people involved will be given banning orders and told to stay at least 5 miles away from Wembley when Joshua's fights in April.

• Options
    Good on the Cov fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Well done Coventry fans

yes well done in disrupting the flow of the game which was heading for a draw costing your team a valuable point, possibly demoralising an improving young team and giving the Blades an undeserved 2 extra points putting them second in the table .. protest OK, fine .. BUT OFF THE PITCH
    If they'd have kept the protest off the pitch then they wouldn't have got excellent reportage like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2016/dec/16/coventry-city-fans-invade-pitch-protest-sisu-sheffield-united-video

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2410626/coventry-pitch-in-clash-against-sheffield-united-invasion-protest-sheffield-united/

Some things are more important than individual football matches, and one of them is football itself. Coventry fans are fighting for the very survival of their club. Comparatively, one individual match (or even a whole set of matches) getting interrupted pales into insignificance. Well done to the Cov fans who did exactly what they needed to do on the night. Good luck for the future.

Long live the protest.

It would be fantastic if a pre-season tournament was arranged between us, Coventry, Blackpool and Leeds.
  • Options

Stig said:

Well done Coventry fans

If they'd have kept the protest off the pitch then they wouldn't have got excellent reportage like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2016/dec/16/coventry-city-fans-invade-pitch-protest-sisu-sheffield-united-video

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2410626/coventry-pitch-in-clash-against-sheffield-united-invasion-protest-sheffield-united/

Some things are more important than individual football matches, and one of them is football itself. Coventry fans are fighting for the very survival of their club. Comparatively, one individual match (or even a whole set of matches) getting interrupted pales into insignificance. Well done to the Cov fans who did exactly what they needed to do on the night. Good luck for the future.

Long live the protest.

It would be fantastic if a pre-season tournament was arranged between us, Coventry, Blackpool and Leeds.
    I think we can forget Leeds now. They're back to being 'Champions of Europe'

The O's would be a better shout
  • Options

Stig said:

Well done Coventry fans

Long live the protest.

Your always at some non league game mate