Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Wed 21 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Are you fucking kidding? Of course we are going to lose... 2-0 to the brain doners!
  • Options
    I met a guy the other week with millwall cufflinks I assumed to stop his shirt sleeves dragging on the floor. 3-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Those are to stop the handcuffs from digging in to his wrists too much,
  • Options
    1-0 defeat.
  • Options
    One-nil Millwall. We can't press enough to score at the moment.
  • Options

One-nil Millwall. We can't press enough to score at the moment.

I think that is down to the lack of a creative Kinsella or Stephens type of player.
  • Options

I don't know if Morrison and Gregory are fit. If both are, I can see this going only one way. If either is out, we've got a chance of a draw.

Am sure @MillwallFan will be better to confirm but Gregory played the 90-mins against Scunthorpe on Saturday whilst Steve Morison came on at Half-Time guess that was to try and give him some fitness ahead of our match
    Yes that's correct. Hopefully both ready to start on Wednesday. Praying Webster will be back in defence too. He'll be a big miss for us otherwise.

• Options
    Anyone remember Keith Weller playing for Millwallies? If so bad omen, we lose again.
  • Options

I don't know if Morrison and Gregory are fit. If both are, I can see this going only one way. If either is out, we've got a chance of a draw.

Am sure @MillwallFan will be better to confirm but Gregory played the 90-mins against Scunthorpe on Saturday whilst Steve Morison came on at Half-Time guess that was to try and give him some fitness ahead of our match
    Yes that's correct. Hopefully both ready to start on Wednesday. Praying Webster will be back in defence too. He'll be a big miss for us otherwise.

Harris didn't sound very happy with Millwall performance on Saturday.
  • Options
    2-0 defeat. Walk in the park for Millwall. Will lose at MK and Southend as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2-0 defeat. Walk in the park for Millwall. Will lose at MK and Southend as well.

We'll bounce back over Christmas. Maybe not Millwall.
  • Options
    stevec said:

Anyone remember Keith Weller playing for Millwallies? If so bad omen, we lose again.

Weller, Possee, Dunphy. Cripps, Kitchener, Burnett .. that line up still haunts my nightmares ..
    Weller was a superb player, released by Tottenham .. later played with Len Glover at Leicester .. went to live and work in the USA and died quite young
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Ooops the post I'm editing is meant for post match Peterborough.
  • Options
    Lets face it we all know how this match is going to end up.Just get home safe guys and girls.Will catch you all up ar Roots Hill new years eve.
  • Options

Lets face it we all know how this match is going to end up.Just get home safe guys and girls.Will catch you all up ar Roots Hill new years eve.

MK Dons before Southend.
  • Options

MK Dons before Southend.
    he's doing the cooking and washing up on Boxing Day ((:>)
  • Options

2-1 loss, freezing night at the den.

Is it gonna be cold on Wednesday?
    Cold and wet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654588?day=2
  • Options

Last time we beat them I was one year old. It's gotta happen at some point. Surely?!

What do those telegrams from the Queen look like?
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you (I probably used that one before). Could we, when we least expect it?

Nah, probably not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lat time we beat the Millwall... If you wanted to cancel meeting friends at the last minute after the person(s) you have let home to goto the pub because you are not well you'd have to ring the pub you were meeting in (if you knew the pub you was meeting in). If you didn't and just had a location the person you are meeting would assume maybe you can't make it a short notice and assume you might have tried calling them on their home number or may knew you couldn't knowing that they were already on their way. Or they would assume you maybe delayed. They eould try and ring your home number from a pay phone (remember them?) to see if you're on your way. If they don't get an answer they'll wait longer and if they do and hear you can't make it they'll go to the pub on their own.
  • Options
    Radio commentary on Wednesday on BBC Radio London .
    Not online so I assume on FM.
  • Options

Lat time we beat the Millwall... If you wanted to cancel meeting friends at the last minute after the person(s) you have let home to goto the pub because you are not well you'd have to ring the pub you were meeting in (if you knew the pub you was meeting in). If you didn't and just had a location the person you are meeting would assume maybe you can't make it a short notice and assume you might have tried calling them on their home number or may knew you couldn't knowing that they were already on their way. Or they would assume you maybe delayed. They eould try and ring your home number from a pay phone (remember them?) to see if you're on your way. If they don't get an answer they'll wait longer and if they do and hear you can't make it they'll go to the pub on their own.

I think I understand this.
    Glad someone does
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Rudd
    Foley Bauer Tex Chicksen
    Jacko Crofts Ulvestad Botaka
    Magennis Lookman
    Subs Ajose Hanlan Aribo
    Prediction? I have absolutely no idea (formerly known as 'triple chance').

I looks like Jimmy Seed had a 100% record v. Millwall:
    29 Sep 1934 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 3-1 Division Three (South)
    09 Feb 1935 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 1-3 Division Three (South)

We didn't play Millwall again until just after he died:
    27 Aug 1966 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Division Two

My first match v. Millwall was one of these, probably the 0-0:

31 Dec 1966 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Two
    06 Jan 1968 Charlton Athletic v Millwall L 1-0 League Division Two

My dad took me. I got the feeling that day that I was more Charlton than Millwall.
    Previously I used to sit next to my granddad in the directors' box at the Den when he was a director. It wasn't my fault. I was only 8 or 9, and Charlton wouldn't let him be a director, whereas a Millwall did (probably to get one over on Charlton).
  • Options
    It looks to me like it might be a routine win for Millwall 2-0. Very much like Saturday in that Millwall play with verve and encouragement from their crowd, we have setbacks, and gradually but inexorably get worse and fade out, each player playing for themselves and trying not to be the one to be directly responsible for what happens.
    I really hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It looks to me like it might be a routine win for Millwall 2-0. Very much like Saturday in that Millwall play with verve and encouragement from their crowd, we have setbacks, and gradually but inexorably get worse and fade out, each player playing for themselves and trying not to be the one to be directly responsible for what happens.
    I really hope I am wrong.

I see this as well. I think they work very hard, press us high, and nick a couple goals in the first half. Tex and Bauer are two center backs who are very good on the ball, but in front of them I suspect they'll have Crofts and JJ, and wide of them Fox and Foley, none of whom are brilliant on the ball or have the pace to get away from people. Millwall are a team who has been built over time and even though they're pretty average and from the little I've seen their football isn't great, they have a system and they work to it. 3-0 is my prediction.
  • Options
    A good night for Congo Chris' CV and Roland who always thought English managers were stupid.

• Options
    1-1

100%

They score 1st. We equalize before halftime.

The end.