Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    William Borland just hit a 9 darter to win the final leg decider in his first round match.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Unbelievable darts, brilliant 1st round match 
  • Options
    A cracker. Rarely see a 9 darter to decide  a match. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable match what a way to win it as well! 
  • Options
    Was a superb match all through...wont better it this tournament, was channel hopping and come across the start of this match.

Both dart players were brilliant. Brooks threw a 134 to win the 4th set after being 2 legs down and Borland on a finish. No gamesmanship from either of them.

Top class
  • Options
    Labanauskas with a 9 darter
  • Options
    2 nine darters in 2 days. Absolutely brilliant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MVG loses 1st set on his throw 
  • Options
    That atmosphere is immense
  • Options
    When rowbi john was being interviewed after his impressive win i noticed there was a cafc sign in the background showing Jacko at the wheel and Roland out.

• Options
    Went Friday afternoon session - fantastic time as always actually preferred it being emptier, not as many twats did see one punch up in the toilets though as one fella pissed on another blokes leg. 
  • Options
    Michael’s entrance is brilliant - sums up the darts people just having a good time and a laugh
  • Options
    Still chuckling at Van Barnvelds manager.

Ben de kok!!
  • Options
    I thought Barney had retired?
  • Options
    Still chuckling at Van Barnvelds manager.

Ben de kok!!

• Options
    I thought Barney had retired?
    Got divorced, needed the money, got a new management team,Ben De Kok (genuine name) wanted to get him playing the exhibition circuit with a host of sponsors signed up. Then Covid game along and scuppered the plan so the only way to make money was get him back on the tour last January 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the things I love best about darts is the faux aggression when a player does well.

Throw a 180 or win a set, turn and face your wife, dad, manager etc, stare at them, shout at them, drop shoulder then throw a shadow kidney punch. 

Come on! 

• Options
    Apart from William O'Connor who looked like he was going to cry after winning this afternoon.
  • Options
    Love the darts but I always think it’s funny, particularly in the early rounds with lesser known players up there, where it’s obvious that 95% of the audience are not paying the slightest bit of attention to what’s going on. 
  • Options
    Love the darts but I always think it’s funny, particularly in the early rounds with lesser known players up there, where it’s obvious that 95% of the audience are not paying the slightest bit of attention to what’s going on. 

I've been to a final and it's just the same!!
  • Options
    Love the darts, every year i say i need to go and haven't still.. That William Borland v Bradley Brooks was some game, both amazing youngsters and the way Borland hit a 9 darter on throw to win the match was incredible, never seen anything like it. 

Lots of good youngsters coming through based on this and the grandslam, which is good to see. 

Fallon was unlucky as Beaton played the best hes played for years and then followed it up last night with an awful performance from both, suppose thats the way it is but annoying when he had the game of his life the round before. I know he has been around for a million years and won before but 96 average and only just beat Fallon 3-2. 

final rounds pre xmas tonight, hopefully Rob Cross can have a good run this year as he's been in better form this year. one quarter is quite open and the rest are stacked so difficult to pick who to win even at this stage. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Michael Smith was brilliant in his previous game and I'd love to see him win it.

Dirk van Duijvenbode's walk-on last night was good, so pumped up, I thought he was going to start throwing punches.
  • Options
    Love the darts, every year i say i need to go and haven't still.. That William Borland v Bradley Brooks was some game, both amazing youngsters and the way Borland hit a 9 darter on throw to win the match was incredible, never seen anything like it. 

Lots of good youngsters coming through based on this and the grandslam, which is good to see. 

Fallon was unlucky as Beaton played the best hes played for years and then followed it up last night with an awful performance from both, suppose thats the way it is but annoying when he had the game of his life the round before. I know he has been around for a million years and won before but 96 average and only just beat Fallon 3-2. 

final rounds pre xmas tonight, hopefully Rob Cross can have a good run this year as he's been in better form this year. one quarter is quite open and the rest are stacked so difficult to pick who to win even at this stage. 
    The lack of respect Beaton was shown by Mardle and co throughout the Fallon match made me happy he beat her. Shame he followed it up with such a poor performance last night. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

The lack of respect Beaton was shown by Mardle and co throughout the Fallon match made me happy he beat her. Shame he followed it up with such a poor performance last night. 
    The commentators are very bias in every match, also the players get so much stick if they aren't performing. Gary Anderson came out and said something earlier and last year about they make it sound easy etc. but can grate on me sometimes Mardle, i like him sometimes and other days i'd wish he would shut up as he used to bottle it when playing and often strayed into the 5 irrc. 

Cross v Barney tonight, Cross in better form and won a couple of events in October so hoping he can get himself in the mix and back to his best. I do love Barney too and good to see him back, not an easy one to call. 
  • Options
    Cracking atmosphere to start the final day before the Christmas break
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I assume everyone has noticed but why do players when making hand or head gestures always do it to the left.

I know they do it behind to the left as their entourage are usually housed there.

Is it because the right side of the board is people heavy with the scorers and referee on that side.