Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Rob Cross v Gurney was a fantastic match, both ended on Average 99, but was pretty much that the whole time. Cross getting the most 180's in a match 13, with 13 140s, Gurney got 8 (i think) but 20+ 140s. Such a high quality match and good to see Cross in a bit of form, barely missed the treble 18 when he went for it. 
    Gurney just didn't give up, always chasing but in the end Cross takes out 170 to save a deciding leg

Peter Wright struggled early, i fell asleep so missed him hitting some form lol
    Come on Rob
  • Options
    Chizzy out now too! 
  • Options
    Rob Cross v Gurney was a fantastic match, both ended on Average 99, but was pretty much that the whole time. Cross getting the most 180's in a match 13, with 13 140s, Gurney got 8 (i think) but 20+ 140s. Such a high quality match and good to see Cross in a bit of form, barely missed the treble 18 when he went for it. 
    Gurney just didn't give up, always chasing but in the end Cross takes out 170 to save a deciding leg

Wright hit top form after dispensing with his new darts that looked like they were from the 1970's.
  • Options
    Nathan Aspinall has the haircut of a lesbian HGV driver that wears camo trousers.
  • Options

Wright hit top form after dispensing with his new darts that looked like they were from the 1970's.
    Was bound to happen, they looked far too chunky and long. So expected him to change them as he does :D 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Nathan Aspinall has the haircut of a lesbian HGV driver that wears camo trousers.
    Cannot believe that Aspinal’s haircut has been mentioned before Rydz’s combover.  
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Croydon said:
    Cannot believe that Aspinal’s haircut has been mentioned before Rydz’s combover.  
    Rydz's greasy comb over & greasy face is quite disturbing.
    I genuinely can't stand looking at him.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Croydon said:
    Having just dumped Aspinall on his arse in fairly spectacular fashion I don't think Rydz will be too fussed what people think of his rather dishevelled appearance!

During the commentary Rod Studd described Rydz as a man who could make an Armani suit look scruffy.
  • Options

My mother-in-law had darts (now handed down to my grandson no 2) that seemed to weigh about 2½lb each and had feather flights.

I didn't know whether to try and throw them or launch them out of a cannon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m going tomorrow afternoon session

Any  chance of watching 3 matches?

Looks like it’s a proper COVID hotspot so no surprises my guests are letting me down last minute…
  • Options

Looks like it’s a proper COVID hotspot so no surprises my guests are letting me down last minute…
    For your own safety, I think you should be letting yourself down, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Has anyone though that the crowd this year have been worse than usual? Stupid chants, a lot of football chants and general toxicity? 
  • Options

Here you go
    https://www.flashscore.co.uk/darts/world/pdc-world-championship/fixtures/
  • Options
    Has anyone though that the crowd this year have been worse than usual? Stupid chants, a lot of football chants and general toxicity? 
    Yeah it's been dogshit. Tonight is actually better than most sessions because they're at least chanting a player's name.
  • Options
    GARY!!
  • Options
    What a bottle job Ian White
  • Options
    What a match. Ridiculous standard!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best match I've ever seen
  • Options
    Fantastic game. Really like both of them tbh, come on Smith smash Price in the quarters
  • Options
    Enjoy, those who are there today.

I really liked Smith and Clayton how they actually had alot of respect for each other, it was a nice change. Both applauding a good checkout, was a cracking match but Cross v Gurney shaded it personally for me maybe as i like Cross so bias? 
  • Options
    Enjoy, those who are there today.

I really liked Smith and Clayton how they actually had alot of respect for each other, it was a nice change. Both applauding a good checkout, was a cracking match but Cross v Gurney shaded it personally for me maybe as i like Cross so bias? 
    That was really nice to see.

Jonny won a leg with a bullseye finish (161 checkout) and the very next leg Bully Boy completed a 121 checkout with the bull. The camera cut to Clayton who had a big smile on his face, broke into a little chuckle, and then offered out his hand for a fist bump.

I know it's the World Championships, I know it's important, I know it's competitive ... but isn't it great to see players enjoying themselves and, just as importantly, acknowledging their opponent's good play instead of going 'full-on Gezzy' and being a boorish tool on stage.

Bringing ourselves back to today's play ... well done Merv!

3-1 down to Raymond Smith, and came back to win 4-3.
  • Options
    Luke Humphries 4 Chris Dobey 3, after Dobey was 3-1 up.

Great game.

Anderson or Cross awaits in the quarters.

This evening's line-up:

Wade v Kleermaker
    Anderson v Cross
    Wright v Searle

Should be tasty ...
  • Options
    We’re in the pub by Wood Green tube, feel stupid not being in fancy dress.
  • Options
    Great match that, big fan of Anderson
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    We need to discuss the most important question about the darts.............

Emma Paton or Laura Woods??