Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Sadly, I think this is now a bridge too far for Littler - I may be wrong, but fear I am correct - Cool Hand has a grip now 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:
    Ton plus finishes used to be a rarity. Scores of a ton used to be enough. 

The standard is absolutely mental 
    Remember the ‘Ton Machine’ Alan Glazier 😃

I certainly do - that said, with those big brass darts it was tough to get more than one in the treble.
    And also the protruding wires, unlike the modern boards - bit like the mud bath pitches of olden days, but yet still class players

Ton Machine had a silky smooth action, but was always ‘near, but so far’

Great to watch was Glazier 
  • Options
    This is one of those games that doesn't deserve a loser. Massive respect to Luke Humphries, this match has taken the piss. Littler goes for all the mad big finishes and hits them, Luke Humphries then goes and does the same. 

Some of the crowd need to show some class, guys throwing for the set and a load of the pricks are booing him 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Crowd booing Humphries on doubles is everything wrong with the dickheads that the world championships attracts 
    I was undecided who I wanted to win, that sealed it.  Pleased in a way as think Littler will probably win a load of them so maybe it's nicer Humphries won this one.
  • Options

Congratulations! 
  • Options
    Cracking final. Pleased for Humphries given the crowd were against him. Composure from Littler as a 16 year old is mental though.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that.
    Can't remember the last time I said that about darts.
    Thanks Lil' Luke, you got some future 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    edited January 3
    Croydon said:
    Humphries throwing a 26. Man of the people 
    I wish the caller, on his last game, had bellowed ‘‘HALF A CROWN’’ like we used to down the pub in our darts league.
    😂
  • Options
    Absolutely superb standard. Just hope the PDC do the smart thing and don't put Littler in the Premier League. We don't want to rush the talent and risk burning him out at 16. Let him enjoy a first year on the PDC tour at his own pace 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Crowd booing Humphries on doubles is everything wrong with the dickheads that the world championships attracts 
    I was undecided who I wanted to win, that sealed it.  Pleased in a way as think Littler will probably win a load of them so maybe it's nicer Humphries won this one.
    Agreed. Littler will win plenty in his career if this is anything to go by. His story has been great and it’s given the darts some useful attention, but Humphries is a deserved winner.
  • Options
    Enjoyable final. Humphries ability to hit the doubles when he needed to probably the difference

• Options
    Humphries played some unreal darts there and he needed to so fair play.
    Littler finally run out of a bit of stream.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Absolutely superb standard. Just hope the PDC do the smart thing and don't put Littler in the Premier League. We don't want to rush the talent and risk burning him out at 16. Let him enjoy a first year on the PDC tour at his own pace 
    He’s hot, Eddie will rinse him for all he’s worth
    Yeah that's the worry
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sadly …….. correct 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    B&B
  • Options
    To be fair, they will get loads of grief if they don’t select him
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Croydon said:
    B&B
    My first thought 
  • Options
    tbf Littler should cash in whilst he can. So many darts players are hot for a few years then disappear without trace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tbf Littler should cash in whilst he can. So many darts players are hot for a few years then disappear without trace.
    Kirk Shepherd says hi. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Has there been a hotter talent than him tho? Obviously the money men will have their eyes lit up but sometimes people are just ready. I guess Rooney would be the football equivalent.
  • Options
    This tournament has been great for the sport. Both finalists are an inspiration in their own right.

I'm still not a fan of darts supporters, loads of dickheads go. The toilets are like a very wet Henry the Hoover show room and you're guaranteed to see a punch up. 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:

That’s outrageous 🤣
  • Options
    edited January 3
    Croydon said:
    Has there been a hotter talent than him tho? Obviously the money men will have their eyes lit up but sometimes people are just ready. I guess Rooney would be the football equivalent.
    Ability wise he's ready, no doubt. But the travel schedule of the Premier League has knocked established players before. Now there's more European cities on the line up than ever, it could do more harm than good.

He may jump at the chance to make the money though

• Options
    This final has grabbed the attention of public around the world. I spoke to my wife earlier, who has no interest in sport, let alone darts, and even she had heard on the news (in Sweden) about Luke Littler making tonights final. What a great advert for the sport and regardless of the result, that young lad has been amazing. 
  • Options
    Been an enjoyable tournament. Haven’t watched much darts since the days of Eric Bristow. Can’t believe Mrs JS watched the final with me :-)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
     If the premier league falls through he's lined up to face Joshua next August!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Ability wise he's ready, no doubt. But the travel schedule of the Premier League has knocked established players before. Now there's more European cities on the line up than ever, it could do more harm than good.

He may jump at the chance to make the money though

I’m sure he’ll be able to handle the pressure of it though, he’s not a teenager.