Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    This final has grabbed the attention of public around the world. I spoke to my wife earlier, who has no interest in sport, let alone darts, and even she had heard on the news (in Sweden) about Luke Littler making tonights final. What a great advert for the sport and regardless of the result, that young lad has been amazing. 
    Most of the papers have it on the front page.

Still think he's in his 30s though. 
  • Options
    This final has grabbed the attention of public around the world. I spoke to my wife earlier, who has no interest in sport, let alone darts, and even she had heard on the news (in Sweden) about Luke Littler making tonights final. What a great advert for the sport and regardless of the result, that young lad has been amazing. 

Genuinely, why?  We all had a kid at school who looked about 35, and then there's people who look about 14 when they are 30. People age differently.

He reminds me of how Rooney looked when he first came through.
  • Options
    edited January 4
    Don't get the dislike for Humphries.  Think he comes across really well 
     Not sure how other countries embrace underdogs but the British absolutely love them with a passion. Littler was the ultimate underdog and unfortunately for Humphries he stood in the way of the countries hopes for a fairytale ending..
     Poor old Humphries was on a hiding to nothing.
  • Options
    Don't get the dislike for Humphries.  Think he comes across really well 
    I like Humphries a lot but think people like the underdog story and Humphries is never the underdog these days. Alongside that he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve as much as other players do, although in Gerwyn's case he's gone too far the other way.

People also disliked his interview after the Pietreczko game when he spoke about the German crowd being against him
  • Options

Genuinely, why?  We all had a kid at school who looked about 35, and then there's people who look about 14 when they are 30. People age differently.

Was just going to say that. I remember when he came on as sub for Everton at The Valley when he was about 17 and looked one of the strongest players on the pitch. Were we 2-1 at the time? Luckily they waited until about the 85th minute to bring him on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You kind of answered your own question. He just looks older than 16 is all. 
  • Options
    Littler included in the 8 man Premier League Darts for 2024. 
  • Options
    Also, 4.8 million viewers for the final. 
    Which is sky sports record viewing for anything aside from football. 
  • Options
    Personally would've had Dobey instead of Wright, apart from that I think it's fair
  • Options
    With the depth of talent these days I think it would be better to increase the tournament to at least 12. Dobey, Cullen, Chisnall, Clayton + others could've all been in 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Ton plus finishes used to be a rarity. Scores of a ton used to be enough. 

The standard is absolutely mental 
    Remember the ‘Ton Machine’ Alan Glazier 😃
    the only southpaw 'dartist' I can recall
  • Options
    He was asked in an interview what he’s going to do now and he said go away for a bit, my first thought was “what about school?”
  • Options
    Think he’s left.
    Said he has no GCSE’s but passed sport…….whatever that means 🤷‍♀️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's definitely finished his GCSE's and left school, he's 17 in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Personally would've had Dobey instead of Wright, apart from that I think it's fair
    Wright is ranked higher (8th) than Dobey (15th) and is the only man aside from Humphries to win a major in the last few months, so i can see why he's in. Plus there's 2 nights in Scotland.

Not seen anyone mention him but Noppert is the one who can probably feel most aggrieved. He's currently ranked 7th and hasn't made an 8 man tournament.
  • Options
    Littler just hit a 9 darter in first leg against Aspinall in QF of the Bahrain Masters

won 6-4

on itv4 if anyone fancied watching
  • Options
    Brilliant and great reaction from Aspinall as well.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Littler just hit a 9 darter in first leg against Aspinall in QF of the Bahrain Masters

won 6-4

on itv4 if anyone fancied watching
    AND he did it in the very first leg .. remarkable .. 
  • Options
    Littler easily beat Price in the semi final and now leads van Gerwen 4-3 in the final.
  • Options
    And he's done it, Littler beats van Gerwen to win the title. 2 days short of his 17th birthday.
  • Options
    Kid is ridiculous 
  • Options
    £20,000 for winning that.