Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Lookman almost gone. Going well so far.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/865611858?-11197:833:0
  • Options
    No its legitimate.

JFC has gone to MK.
  • Options
    Gillingham have sacked Edinburgh.

Gillingham have parted company with manager Justin Edinburgh after just short of two years in the position.

Sky Sports News HQ understands chairman Paul Scally met with Edinburgh this morning following yesterday’s 1-0 home defeat to Oxford - a result which left the club 17th in Sky Bet League One.

Edinburgh was relieved of his duties along with backroom staff members David Kerslake and Wayne Hatswell.

We are expecting a statement from Scally before midday outlining the decision.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Forster Caskey signed for MK Dons on a 3 year deal.Hahaha we literally couldnt catch a cold could we

Jesus. Here we go again

edit. Did you see that on Twitter cafc4life? Looks like a fake account. (I fell for it also)
    This is why the phrase WIOTOS was coined.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Which Powell is that? Not seen that rumour.

Baden
    We could use him as a scout.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

It wasn't a money issue, he preferred the move to Sheffield U. Can't say I blame him at the mo.

Now I'm not suggesting that Carruthers choosing Sheff U over us is anything to do with what I'm about to say but I sometimes wonder if it ever has an impact on a North versus South choice for players unless of course they are from London or South East.

Now I'm guessing that a league one player earns 3 - 4K per week ? Good money and gives them the opportunity to buy a very decent house. However. What you get for your money in e.g. Sheffield as opposed to London is huge. Does it impact much on a players decision?
    Definitely.
  • Options
    Heard from a very reliable source that the deal for JFC was delayed due to MK making a late move when they accepted the bid for Carruthers.

However they do expect us to sign him rather than them. Hear it will be a permanent deal with MK only wanting a loan until the end of the season.
  • Options

JFC has signed for MK

Interesting when he signed though

Have they got tomorrow's Euro lottery numbers as well?? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Potts would be a great signing, rather have him than Currethers.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Forster Caskey signed for MK Dons on a 3 year deal.Hahaha we literally couldnt catch a cold could we

Jesus. Here we go again

edit. Did you see that on Twitter cafc4life? Looks like a fake account. (I fell for it also)
    its not me mate
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Goal scoring midfielder, with nearly 200 professional games under his belt at only 22. Like the look of him.
  • Options
    i saw MK dons tweeted from their account that JFC had signed a 3 year deal more to follow... Looks like they have deleted it now, strange
  • Options

Scoham said:
    22 years old; 6' 2" and passes the CL height test.

12 goals in 67 appearances for Blackpool.
    Presently playing in the 4th Division.

On 8 November 2012, Potts was called up to the England under-19 squad to play Finland in a friendly on 13 November in Telford. He made his debut in the game which England won 1–0.

• Options
    cafc4life said:

i saw MK dons tweeted from their account that JFC had signed a 3 year deal more to follow... Looks like they have deleted it now, strange

It's not a real account. Something like @mkdonfc
  • Options
    Loose reports that Rotherham have bid 350,000 for Omar Bogle; surely we should be in at that sort of price? Scores goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

It wasn't a money issue, he preferred the move to Sheffield U. Can't say I blame him at the mo.

Now I'm not suggesting that Carruthers choosing Sheff U over us is anything to do with what I'm about to say but I sometimes wonder if it ever has an impact on a North versus South choice for players unless of course they are from London or South East.

Now I'm guessing that a league one player earns 3 - 4K per week ? Good money and gives them the opportunity to buy a very decent house. However. What you get for your money in e.g. Sheffield as opposed to London is huge. Does it impact much on a players decision?
    Definitely.
    Don't really matter to you elfs the costs of Wendy house is the same in Sheffield as in london
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Loose reports that Rotherham have bid 350,000 for Omar Bogle; surely we should be in at that sort of price? Scores goals.

Ah, remember that Rotherham have the lure of being a Championship club, whereas Charlton do not.

B) (thanks to Alwaysneil)

• Options

Would be worth signing for his song alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4faHsyRCzo
  • Options

I'd say releasing Foley makes sense bearing in mind Konsa has shown he can be as effective at covering RB or CM.

Konsa not a natural right back, but look excellent in midfield. If he settles in there you wouldn't want to disrupt the side just because Solly is injured.
    Foley provides half decent back up for Konsa. If he goes, I'd say we need another right back.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

I'd say releasing Foley makes sense bearing in mind Konsa has shown he can be as effective at covering RB or CM.

Konsa not a natural right back, but look excellent in midfield. If he settles in there you wouldn't want to disrupt the side just because Solly is injured.
    Foley provides half decent back up for Konsa. If he goes, I'd say we need another right back.
    But KR seems to want to play the old Brazilian way with two sitting in midfield and the fullbacks darting forwards, was Foley a bit too conservative for this?
  • Options

It sounds stupid saying it but I'd much rather Potts than Carruthers. All out attacking mid rather than a bit or an inbetween, clearly splits opinion in MK fans so must have something about him but lots of negatives too. Get Reeves, Forster-Caskey and Potts in and I'll be happy and quickly forget about Carruthers.

No chance RD will allow KR to sign three new CMs. Not sure KR wants more than 2 anyway. He's said 4/5 and has mentioned wanting a striker and a winger. Seems like we're also looking at full backs.
  • Options

cfgs said:

jdmotion said:

But KR seems to want to play the old Brazilian way with two sitting in midfield and the fullbacks darting forwards, was Foley a bit too conservative for this?
    Nothing wrong with an old Brazilian, @cfgs.

:smile:
    Stubble?