Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    Do we need that many midfielders after how Konsa and Aribo played today? They'll obviously need a rest but signing those three above might limit their development.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Get in Carruthers, Reeves, Forster Caskey and a new striker and LB

Release Johnson, get rid of Ba, Lookman already gone, Fox heading off, pay off Cellabos, Vet and Sarr. Loan out Lapslie, Edwards and one or two of Hanlon, Ahearne Grant and Umerah. Promote Jackson to coach.

Job done.

10 / 11 out, 5 in.

Foley has already gone according to Dr Kish.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201701&date=20170102&time=1854

I was surprised he didn't play RB, his natural position when he came on, so that makes more sense now

IF we can get 2 or 3 players in early, we now have a nice little break before the next game, the perfect chance to bed new signings in and learn new tactics and systems
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Do we need that many midfielders after how Konsa and Aribo played today? They'll obviously need a rest but signing those three above might limit their development.

Hello Roland. : - )
    Hi.
  • Options
    I'd say releasing Foley makes sense bearing in mind Konsa has shown he can be as effective at covering RB or CM.

I'd also be supportive of more players leaving (on top of the obvious ones like Ba & Johnson + those already on their way) if it generates the funds to buy the likes of Reeves i.e. selling Ajose
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    KM said today a permanent midfield signing in next day or day involving a fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ba, Fox, Johnson, Lookman and Foley out, 2 midfielders, left back cover, a winger and a proper number 10 in please.

GKs : Rudd, Phillips, Mitov
    FBs :Solly, Konsa, Chicksen, new LB
    CBs : Bauer, Teixeira, Lennon, Pearce, Konsa
    Ms : Crofts, Ulvestad, Jackson, Aribo, Konsa, new CM, new CM
    AMs : Botaka, Holmes, new W, Aribo, new no. 10
    STs : Magennis, Novak, Ajose, KAG, Umerah, Hanlan

With the right additions (names like Forster-Caskey, Carruthers and Powell are promising) then that's a very decent squad.
  • Options
    Which Powell is that? Not seen that rumour.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    sam3110 said:

Ba, Fox, Johnson, Lookman and Foley out, 2 midfielders, left back cover, a winger and a proper number 10 in please.

With the right additions (names like Forster-Caskey, Carruthers and Powell are promising) then that's a very decent squad.

Decent shout. The LB cover is already on board in Da Silva. Plus we obviously hope to be able to add Watt to the striker options should he re-establish himself here.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I would prefer to keep Fox. Chicksen maybe OK but has not been tested and a kid who has never even been out on loan. That does not fill me with any confidence. Can't see any reason to sell Fox as I don't think Sheffield Wednesday will be offering that much.
  • Options
    Do we not think they will be trying to get Watt off the books this month? Surely a championship team would take a punt for 6 months? I'd like to see him stay but I think they'll have him out the door if poss
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

I would prefer to keep Fox. Chicksen maybe OK but has not been tested and a kid who has never even been out on loan. That does not fill me with any confidence. Can't see any reason to sell Fox as I don't think Sheffield Wednesday will be offering that much.
    I would prefer to keep him too but can't see Robinson being able to sign without selling, and there isn't that many saleable assets in the squad, unless we're selling players that only signed in the summer
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

I would prefer to keep him too but can't see Robinson being able to sign without selling, and there isn't that many saleable assets in the squad, unless we're selling players that only signed in the summer
    But if we sell him, we will have to replace him which will cost. We need two good left backs whi know how to play at this level week in week out - and can be part of our team going forward. Think we will regret it if he does go.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Do we not think they will be trying to get Watt off the books this month? Surely a championship team would take a punt for 6 months? I'd like to see him stay but I think they'll have him out the door if poss

He flopped at Hearts. I'd be surprised if a Champ club takes him.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Redrobo said:

sam3110 said:

We're about to sell Lookman and get Foley off the wage bill (given he came on a free I imagine he was on decent wages for this league). That should surely free up some money. If Fox goes I suspect it will be because the offer is too good to turn down. Chicksen has played RB as well, but unless the coaching staff think Edwards could be ready in an injury crunch, we may well need another LB, or a fullback in general--potentially one who could cover both sides.

Ideally I'd like to see KR give Watt a chance over the next couple weeks in training (while listening to any potential suitors), and then either keep him or move him on depending on how he does. The problem is, who is going to take a punt with his wages? I suspect the best we'll do is a free. Maybe he goes back to Scotland and takes a wage cut. We're running our of option with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

He flopped at Hearts. I'd be surprised if a Champ club takes him.
    Surely a team like Rotherham would think he is worth a punt......
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Release Johnson, get rid of Ba, Lookman already gone, Fox heading off, pay off Cellabos, Vet and Sarr. Loan out Lapslie, Edwards and one or two of Hanlon, Ahearne Grant and Umerah. Promote Jackson to coach.

Job done.

10 / 11 out, 5 in.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201701&date=20170102&time=1854

Even more odd he was bought on as a sub today ahead of Umerah or Grant or DeSilva who could all have done with the confidence boost playing a poor Rovers team would have given them.
  • Options

Richard J said:

Job done.

10 / 11 out, 5 in.

Even more odd he was bought on as a sub today ahead of Umerah or Grant or DeSilva who could all have done with the confidence boost playing a poor Rovers team would have given them.
    But if he got booked or injured it would not be our problem. He has done OK and I wish him well for the future.
  • Options
    With Watt's wages, unless we can get the loan club to pay all or most of his wages, does it make more sense to pay some of his wages for no return, or all of his wages and keep the player?
  • Options
    I personally don't think Watt will have any problem getting a Championship gig. Every manager will like to think they're the one to turn him around and get him firing, and if they do they have a Prem player. Rotherham, Wigan etc would surely take a punt?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Baden
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Think he means Reeves.
  • Options
    Obviously we didn't unveil our new signing yesterday because Lookman has had the temerity to not rush into joining Everton.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Think he means Reeves.
    Or Mortimer,perhaps.