Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    From SkySports...

CARRUTHERS DEAL DONE?

Sheffield United are close to agreeing a deal with MK Dons to sign midfielder Samir Carruthers, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old’s contract at Dons is up in the summer, after signing a three-year contract in a move from Aston Villa in 2014.

Carruthers has made over 100 appearances for the Dons and scored four goals.
  • Options

From SkySports...

CARRUTHERS DEAL DONE?

Sheffield United are close to agreeing a deal with MK Dons to sign midfielder Samir Carruthers, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old’s contract at Dons is up in the summer, after signing a three-year contract in a move from Aston Villa in 2014.

Sheffield United paying the going rate for players. I wonder if Duchatelet is, even with sterling currency at low levels.
  • Options

Cawley also reporting Sheffield United set to beat us to Carruthers.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14413/wigan-defender-interest-charlton-athletic/

But does report we are interested in Nathan Byrne, who would provide cover at both full back positions (I guess).

Midfielders would be nice.
  • Options

Get in Carruthers, Reeves, Forster Caskey and a new striker and LB

Release Johnson, get rid of Ba, Lookman already gone, Fox heading off, pay off Cellabos, Vet and Sarr. Loan out Lapslie, Edwards and one or two of Hanlon, Ahearne Grant and Umerah. Promote Jackson to coach.

Job done.

10 / 11 out, 5 in.

Douchbag
    Meire
    Sue
    Mowgli out

New owner
    New stn in

Job done
  • Options

Cawley also reporting Sheffield United set to beat us to Carruthers.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14413/wigan-defender-interest-charlton-athletic/

But does report we are interested in Nathan Byrne, who would provide cover at both full back positions (I guess).

I always thought that Nathan Byrne was much more attacking than a Full-Back
  • Options
    Forster - Caskey in on loan according to Ian Abrahams. Loan ?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Do we need that many midfielders after how Konsa and Aribo played today? They'll obviously need a rest but signing those three above might limit their development.

Signing those three will allow Konsa and Aribo to develop at the right pace instead of being forced to do a job in the first team.
  • Options
    Would be really happy with Byrne. I was hoping it was him when Wigan were mentioned the other day as the Championship club by someone.

He's a wing back / winger, much stronger going forward than defending but would be a big improvement on what we already have on the wing imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From SkySports...

CARRUTHERS DEAL DONE?

Let's face it, a team looking like certainties for automatic promotion is always going to be a more attractive proposition.
    Not that bothered to be honest, would much prefer Reeves.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Do we need that many midfielders after how Konsa and Aribo played today? They'll obviously need a rest but signing those three above might limit their development.

Hello Roland. : - )
    Must of killed the old cnut not to finish with a "huh"
  • Options
    "undisclosed fee "
  • Options
    iamdan said:

He's shit, didn't want him anyway.

He's the guy who pissed into the glass at the racecourse isn't he, clearly a wrong 'un...
  • Options
    Good to see clubs getting business done early...

(Dear Regime Spy,

Can someone point this post to Daisy when she gets in?)
  • Options
    Probably the player Robinson was on about when moaning about silly fees etc. 6 months left on his contract, we probably bid no higher than 250k and got told something silly back, Sheffield United come in with a higher offer and they get him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

It wasn't a money issue, he preferred the move to Sheffield U. Can't say I blame him at the mo.

Now I'm not suggesting that Carruthers choosing Sheff U over us is anything to do with what I'm about to say but I sometimes wonder if it ever has an impact on a North versus South choice for players unless of course they are from London or South East.

Now I'm guessing that a league one player earns 3 - 4K per week ? Good money and gives them the opportunity to buy a very decent house. However. What you get for your money in e.g. Sheffield as opposed to London is huge. Does it impact much on a players decision?
  • Options

Redhenry said:

It wasn't a money issue, he preferred the move to Sheffield U. Can't say I blame him at the mo.

Now I'm not suggesting that Carruthers choosing Sheff U over us is anything to do with what I'm about to say but I sometimes wonder if it ever has an impact on a North versus South choice for players unless of course they are from London or South East.

Now I'm guessing that a league one player earns 3 - 4K per week ? Good money and gives them the opportunity to buy a very decent house. However. What you get for your money in e.g. Sheffield as opposed to London is huge. Does it impact much on a players decision?
    he's from Islington though. Maybe he thinks Sheff Utd have a better chance or going up or they offered more money or doesn't think Charlton are a stable club.
  • Options
    Forster Caskey signed for MK Dons on a 3 year deal.Hahaha we literally couldnt catch a cold could we
  • Options
    Maybe they should introudce london weighting for lower league footballers. Can't be losing out to players wanting to move up North as it's cheaper (or to a club that is better run and in a better position than ourselves).
  • Options
    Deff more out than in for us
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Cue the "We didn't want him anyway" comments :-)
    No hes a great player
    We f**ked up
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    cafc4life said:

Forster Caskey signed for MK Dons on a 3 year deal.Hahaha we literally couldnt catch a cold could we

Jesus. Here we go again

edit. Did you see that on Twitter cafc4life? Looks like a fake account. (I fell for it also)
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Cant see this anywhere. Wouldnt surprise me though. Its not like we have, say, £10million on its way into the clubs coffers...

Oh hang on.....