Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Lennon should be getting game time. He is more than good enough for this level. A decent player.

He looks "shite" for us because he's getting ZERO game time.

When people blamed him for the Port Vale penalty I said at the time that he's being thrown into matches when we're trimmed by fitness and suspension yet in between he's not playing for the U23s so he's getting absolutely no match fitness nor sharpness

i.e. His last run out was for the U23s on 31st October.

How can we rely on a Defender to come into First Team either as a starter or coming on from the bench and be up to speed?
    In the old days with reserve teams, didn't first team players who were out of favour play in them regularly. Indeed they were known as the Stiffs

Now it seems that U23 matches are purely for youngsters, with just the occasional returning injured player joining in. It must be hard for the likes of Lennon (and indeed Johnson) getting no game time
  • Essex_Al said:

Kinnel!

Get in to work this morning, loads of unread posts, wahay, we must be signing someone!

Nope, just loads of Elfsborg spending all day Sunday glued to Tinder for dwarfs!

Ffs!

Don't get bitter lofty, just because you were not invited.

Is there Tinder for dwarfs btw?
  • You should not be on Charlton Life at work, you don't get paid for that Al.

I'll be having words with your guvnor.

• Mr Elliott was there Saturday once again.

Anyway - interested to know if there is any truth in these rumours of interest though...
  • Swisdom said:

Mr Elliott was there Saturday once again.

Anyway - interested to know if there is any truth in these rumours of interest though...

Paul Elliott is ALWAYS there...
  • Crusty54 said:

folder said:

I heard a rumour that this was a thread regarding transfer rumours, I was clearly mistaken.

No, any rumour will do. There's a rumour someone might buy the first round in the Ramblers, but I won't believe it until it's on the OS.
    seems more like a dating site at the moment
    Where're you taking me?
  • There were 6 parties present at the game yesterday who may be interested in buying the club, nothing to do with Varney or Elliott

— .............? (@unitedfc2011) January 15, 2017

you know who you're quoting there don't you Henry?
  • Ben18 said:

There were 6 parties present at the game yesterday who may be interested in buying the club, nothing to do with Varney or Elliott

No, but is it another alias for the saddo?
  • Sponsored links:

• this thread like this site is becoming irrelevant to anything CAFC

And this post is symptomatic of the problem!
  • Ben18 said:

There were 6 parties present at the game yesterday who may be interested in buying the club, nothing to do with Varney or Elliott

No, but is it another alias for the saddo?
    If I said the date 1961 and used the word Thanks would that give you a big enough hint?

Yep

While that rules out that rumour.

Back to mindless chatter then!
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 39s39 seconds ago
    Sam Allardyce press conference: Says that looking abroad after "exhausting" domestic options in transfer market.

Guess that means Jenkinson not going to Palace?

Has Igor been confirmed as moving to STVV by our OS? @Ollywozere
    Sam Allardyce press conference: Says that looking abroad after "exhausting" domestic options in transfer market.

Palace tweeted that jenkinson is almost a done deal
  • We really need to think about getting some alternative wingers in. Looking at our 4-3-3 sort of set up, where Crofts sits behind Aribo & Konsa, we don't really have a lot of goal threats outside of the striker. Aribo is there to create, Konsa is a centre half playing further forward to shuttle up and down, Crofts sits, and we have two wingers who have spent the majority of their careers as full backs. Holmes provides a threat now he's back, but especially if Magennis is out for any amount of time we don't have a lot of sources of goals in the 11. It might not look like a massive problem area in terms of numbers but we're struggling to score many goals against teams that aren't called Bristol Rovers, and even then it was a Magennis hattrick and a centre half set-piece goal, so we could do with another winger with an eye for goal
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

Apparently we have made inquiries for Grigg and Dawson. Surprised if Grigg comes off though!

Dawson is that dirty Scunthorpe sod who took Holmes out during the 3-1 cup match.
    He basically charges around kicking people, breaking up play, cajoling his team, bullying the ref etc.
    He's exactly what we need.
    Could turn our season round.
    Why isn't he playing for Millwall, then?

Of course, he's only 5'6".

• Hopefully DR Congo get knocked out the African Cup early
  • Lennon wants games. He's probably fourth in the pecking order behind Bauer, Texeira and even Konsa.

If he was there I would imagine that it was arranged before we had Tex sent off and the BFG injured.

Hopefully Bauer will be fine ahead of Scunthorpe so Konsa can replace Tex in Defence with either Ulvestad or Forster-Caskey taking the missing slot in Midfield
    This sounds eerily like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic....
  • Sponsored links:

As of about midday, STVV had still yet to return the relevant paperwork regarding the loan.
    Thanks @Ollywozere

Glad they see him as so important
  • sam3110 said:

Hopefully DR Congo get knocked out the African Cup early

And there's me, gone and ordered a replica shirt from O'Neills too....
  • EVANS SIGNS NEW DEAL

Ched Evans has signed a new contract at Chesterfield.

His previous deal expired in the summer but he has agreed a 12-month contract extension until the summer of 2018. Evans has scored seven goals for the club this season.
  • EVANS SIGNS NEW DEAL

Ched Evans has signed a new contract at Chesterfield.

His previous deal expired in the summer but he has agreed a 12-month contract extension until the summer of 2018. Evans has scored seven goals for the club this season.

Bugger.
  • Lennon should be getting game time. He is more than good enough for this level. A decent player.

He looks "shite" for us because he's getting ZERO game time.

When people blamed him for the Port Vale penalty I said at the time that he's being thrown into matches when we're trimmed by fitness and suspension yet in between he's not playing for the U23s so he's getting absolutely no match fitness nor sharpness

i.e. His last run out was for the U23s on 31st October.

How can we rely on a Defender to come into First Team either as a starter or coming on from the bench and be up to speed?
    I thought he had been injured since before Christmas
  • @Redhenry is there anymore news on will grigg coming yet ??
  • FAVADDICK said:

@Redhenry is there anymore news on will grigg coming yet ??

Haven't been told anymore @FAVADDICK
  • Redhenry said:

FAVADDICK said:

@Redhenry is there anymore news on will grigg coming yet ??

Haven't been told anymore @FAVADDICK
    Oh ok well let's hope you hear something soon !!