Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Ben18 said:

My favourite thing about this thread has become the people posting that not enough posts are about transfer rumours.

Its as if they think that actual rumours are being missed due to the high levels of non transfer chat.
    Exactly, but what you have missed in the time that Cyril Davies has asked me to go and follow somebody else, we have signed Lionel Messi.

How fantastic is that?
  • In fairness Elfs, Cyril didn't it was Taggert (sic).
  • RedChaser said:

In fairness Elfs, Cyril didn't it was Taggert (sic).

oh dear, hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • I tell you what Reddie, that Taggert is bang out of order for not opening his trap!

It's been a long day behind this laptop, been bored mate as my wife is still on holiday.
  • edited January 2017

I tell you what Reddie, that Taggert is bang out of order for not opening his trap!

It's been a long day behind this laptop, been bored mate as my wife is still on holiday.

Misses is away.......laptop.......switch it off mate before you go blind.........,straining your eyes that is :wink:
  • edited January 2017
    As one of the guilty parties for hijacking this thread the last proper transfer rumour for those interested was by Harvey's Gardener on page 45 over half way down re Omar Bogle, Grimsby and prior to that by Redhenry near the top of that same page re Grigg, Wigan and Dawson, Scunny :disappointed:
  • Harry Lennon seen at priestfield this afternoon!
  • RedChaser said:

Thank you RedChaser...

Source?

Would be a little surprised if we let him go this of all weeks given Tex is suspended and it sounded like Bauer may have picked up a knock.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Thank you RedChaser...
    Come to the Ramblers and we can kiss and make up.

What you doing posting rumours on this thread? - @i_b_b_o_r_g can you look to this, and administer the appropriate punishment? 2 day banning order should suffice.
  • I was very surprised myself due to that very reason, but according to gills reports it will be a season long loan. this is from my gills mate who saw him himself.
  • Saw over 100 unread posts on this thread this morning and was expecting to see Transfer rumours, instead just wadded through 5 pages of nothing!!!

Oh come on. If some old geezers organising a pint at the ramblers rest doesn't entertain you, then I don't know what will.
  • Saw over 100 unread posts on this thread this morning and was expecting to see Transfer rumours, instead just wadded through 5 pages of nothing!!!

My point exactly, happy for everyone to have banter and socialize, however there seems to be a lack of moderation controlling subject matter. I sound like a twat to most im sure so ill go back to not posting and hoping this sire returns to be the informative quality repository rather than a cliche esc' netaddicks freeforall
  • I don't post on the " general things that annoy me" thread as I'm a chilled, well adjusted guy but I'm tempted to say on there "people who clog up the rumours thread with posts complaining there arent enough rumours on the rumours thread"
  • Lennon wants games. He's probably fourth in the pecking order behind Bauer, Texeira and even Konsa.

If he was there I would imagine that it was arranged before we had Tex sent off and the BFG injured.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Not a rumour (or even a complaint about lack of rumours H.I.), but I think this January window opportunity is about to pass us by again. We need a headline signing or two to bolster midfield and the forwards, and I feel we ain't gonna get 'em.

I know it's always a problem persuading talent to drop down to Div One, but hasn't that always been the case, and haven't clubs with ambition managed to recruit against the odds?

Those of us watching Charlton this season have watched us struggling in almost all the matches we've played, even in this tier of football. And in the majority of matches we've been outgunned in midfield.
    Almost all of the opposing sides have contained at least one midfielder you'd gladly swap for any of ours. I wish I'd written their names down over the season, but even Rochdale (Thompson or Davies?) and Oldham (Fane?) contained a gem or two.

One player that stood out as a 'playground first pick' was Scunthorpe's Stephen Dawson. What a thug. He took Holmes out fairly brutally, but you'd have him in your side all day long. And not just for his strength and his leadership qualities, he can play a bit too.
    He was mentioned in a previous post as being a possible transfer target. Any more info on that?

And does anyone actually remember the names of any players who've shone against us, that we should be thinking of approaching, other than the above?
  • Lennon wants games. He's probably fourth in the pecking order behind Bauer, Texeira and even Konsa.

If he was there I would imagine that it was arranged before we had Tex sent off and the BFG injured.

Hopefully Bauer will be fine ahead of Scunthorpe so Konsa can replace Tex in Defence with either Ulvestad or Forster-Caskey taking the missing slot in Midfield

6th

Pearce, Bauer and Tex are the 3 first choice CBs
    Then Konsa (unless required elsewhere)
    Johnson has consistently been on the bench recently

That makes Lennon spare

This all assumed we didn't get any injuries or suspensions. Or that Tex didn't move

6th

Pearce, Bauer and Tex are the 3 first choice CBs
    Then Konsa (unless required elsewhere)
    Johnson has consistently been on the bench recently

That makes Lennon spare

This all assumed we didn't get any injuries or suspensions. Or that Tex didn't move
    Well quite. I had forgotten about Pearce ( which is odd )

• Lennon should be getting game time. He is more than good enough for this level. A decent player.

Agree with all of the above, but think his temperament needs 'refining'. He's a bit too headstrong. He needs games but with some guidance for an 'old hand' and needs to learn when to go in strong and when not IMO.
  • cafc-west said:

Lennon should be getting game time. He is more than good enough for this level. A decent player.

Agree with all of the above, but think his temperament needs 'refining'. He's a bit too headstrong. He needs games but with some guidance for an 'old hand' and needs to learn when to go in strong and when not IMO.
    He is a little unlucky, in most teams at this level he would be getting a lot of game time. Unfortunately for him centre back is an area we are very strong. I think a loan until the end of the season, with a recall clause for if we have a sudden spate of inuries, suits all involved.
  • It looks like he isn't fancied by our managers and coaching staff, and they are the ones that see the players day in, day out on the training pitch.

Whether through his style of play or lack of gametime, he does have a tendency to launch into challenges in and around the box.