Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options

Anybody know what time the Marquee signing is joining ?

Still time to bid
    We are anticipating a Marquee signing in the window !

Not a Window in the Marquee
    Didn't anyone tell you that Mavididi was scouse for marquee.
  • Options

Doesn't Richard Cawley usually pipe up at around this point and say something along the lines of " Charltons business is done for this window"

On the basis he hasn't I'm still fully expecting another in.

Straws clutching at!
  • Options
    Fully expect 1 more out and this scouse kid in
  • Options
    supaclive said:

LOAN! FFS. What a load of nonsense.

He'll be back at the end of the season and another dude unable to offload on many k's a week.
  • Options

Gentlemen, can we remember ladies also read this site.

Who are the Gentlemen on this Forum?
    Only me
    Rest assured @Onlyme is no gentleman ;-)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Cawley is at Bournemouth vs Palace. Don't expect any snippets from him.
  • Options

Doesn't Richard Cawley usually pipe up at around this point and say something along the lines of " Charltons business is done for this window"

I think he's been stuck in traffic on the way to the Palace game at Bournemouth
  • Options
    I wonder how much of Alose's wages we are paying - the Swindon CEO must be laughing all the way to the bank. All I can think is that Katrien felt obliged to deliver a sale and loan back deal having failed to keep her promise over Lookman.
  • Options
    jams said:

10:20
    deserved more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have we actually had the usual " Chris Parkes is expecting a late night" yet ? and does anybody actually what time Chris usually goes to bed ?

When she's finished the last vol-au-vent.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

I can't see anything else happening, it's all done on the cheap as usual, we're now more likely to slip down the table than up it in my view, we're a couple of injuries away from disaster.

You're a happy little soul.
    Apologist.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Fully expect 1 more out and this scouse kid in

i reckon we are done and the excuse will be Liverpool were very rude and wouldn't take our calls, not like they were doing anything else.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    This highlights the paucity of talent north of the border.
  • Options

supaclive said:

LOAN! FFS. What a load of nonsense.

He'll be back at the end of the season and another dude unable to offload on many k's a week.
    Well, he'll go on loan to St Truiden, then.

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

I can't see anything else happening, it's all done on the cheap as usual, we're now more likely to slip down the table than up it in my view, we're a couple of injuries away from disaster.

You're a happy little soul.
    Apologist.
    Think what you like. I've been called far worse.
  • Options
    No sales so no purchases I reckon.
    I bet any Marquee signing was dependant on getting a fee for Ajose or Texeira etc
  • Options

supaclive said:

We're SO crap at this transfer window deadline. Same mistakes, year on year. £11m in the bank. 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Leave it until next year and we'll be fighting relegation.

Alternatively, hopefully Duchatelet is keeping the dough to p*** off very soon.
    don't know why this keeps being suggested - this is exactly the same as any other transfer window under duchatelet
  • Options

Mrkinski said:

Sky saying 36 year old free agent Berbatov heading to London...

If we sign him I'll get his full name and date of birth tattoo'd on my old chap.
    I done that when we signed Ba
    I just about had room for Ba after getting Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink when I thought of becoming a Celtic supporter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gentlemen, can we remember ladies also read this site.

It's not only women who can get upset or irate at crude inanities.
  • Options

Straws clutching at!
    I suspect even Mr Cawley has got bored by deadline day with Charlton.
  • Options
    braydex said:

Why is anyone surprised at yet another bizarre and questionable January transfer window for us?

What don't people get?

This is what he bought us for? Sell young talent for millions, keep the team afloat on the cheap, balance books, swap players amongst teams to keep things 'fresh', bring managers in that are happy to work on these terms, replace them if needs be....

This is it. This is Charlton. This is what we do. There is no takeover. There is no premier league or championship ambition.

For goodness sake it's been like this for years why do people think it's going to change all of a sudden?

It's kids, loans and journeymen. Get used to it and quickly please!

This, every transfer window is like groundhog day under Roland.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I'm looking forward to the new song..

Mavididi diddy dum diddy do

This is still in my head from yesterday. Thanks Davo!
  • Options
    Surely Ba and Johnson must have a semblance of shame for taking all that money and providing nothing (or even less in the case of Johnson) in return. Surely, there must be someone in Nationwide North or South who would take them and contribute £50 a week to their wages?
  • Options

jams said:

10:20
    deserved more
    thanks mate glad someone got it
  • Options
    NOTHING will change until we have new owners with a bit of 'nouse' and ambition.
    Good night nurse.............by the way Roland you can stick your marquee signing up your Belgian arse!!!!