Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I can't say I enjoyed watching that interview.
    However if there is no more business to be done at least tex is staying which is a plus.
    The two elements of the video which I thought were not in harmony with each other were that for the rest of this season we go for it, yet the summer recruitment effort starts tomorrow.
    I hope the recruitment effort that starts tomorrow has two layers, if we go up, or if we stay in this poxy league.
    Tomorrow is about counting the bodies, sorting out the fitness, sorting out the play.
    And then winning nineteen successive matches.

N N N N Nineteen nineteen
    N N N N Nineteen nineteen.

And we don't even have to play Millwall again.

N N N N Nineteen nineteen!

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

braydex said:

Why is anyone surprised at yet another bizarre and questionable January transfer window for us?

What don't people get?

This is what he bought us for? Sell young talent for millions, keep the team afloat on the cheap, balance books, swap players amongst teams to keep things 'fresh', bring managers in that are happy to work on these terms, replace them if needs be....

This is it. This is Charlton. This is what we do. There is no takeover. There is no premier league or championship ambition.

For goodness sake it's been like this for years why do people think it's going to change all of a sudden?

It's kids, loans and journeymen. Get used to it and quickly please!

This. Charlton Alexandra. It's taken them three years to get there, but they are there now. The Lookman money will encourage them that the plan is starting to bear fruit. Anyone expecting to be supporting a club where the result at 5pm on a Saturday is the most important outcome of the week, forget it. That is not the modus operandi of this football club anymore. This football club is being run for the benefit of a small group of people and not the core support or the community.
    I don't necessarily agree. We're still "30 odd million in debt." Last year's books will be interesting to see but I doubt we turned a profit, and I doubt we'll turn one even with the Lookman (and others) deals. If you think RD is getting rich or even breaking even then all financial reporting we've seen indicates quite the opposite. I think this is about ego, pure and simple.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Scoham said:
    Certain clubs need to look at how they conduct themselves... Hate to say this but many at Charlton need to look at themselves for this Statement!!!
    He is only being honest and stating how he feels.
    Yeah but we cant slate other clubs when our own Owners are taking the absolute piss out of us
    This time though it seems they gave him the money and he couldn't spend it
  • Options
    Well that's it then no more business.

So which unfit, unattached players will arrive next week?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

What if someone comes in with a £2 million bid for Ba or Johnson. Are Charlton going to say "sorry we're done for this window, Chris had to get home for his tea before Sue scoffed it "

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Same old predictable bollocks zzzzz. His full of shit like Katrien and the rest of the muggy managers before. Pretty much all of them have missed out on the key signings to push us forward. Bull shit.

If you cant get the signing in's you certainly don't allow Ajose to go then that's for sure, the squad is thin enough as it is.

It's same old shit for us but he's been taken in hook line and sinker. Can see it in his face.
  • Options
    KR is just reeling off regime lines, "KM and RD are great its everyone elses fault we didn't spend any money".
  • Options
    Lewis Grabban joins Reading which pushes Yann down the order. Wonder if he was offered to us given Reading guys wait and see post.

Conor McAleney to Oxford.
  • Options
    Isn't MK Dons not selling us Reeves pretty similar to us not wanting to send Ajose to Southend or Bradford.

Pot the kettle...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Same old predictable bollocks zzzzz. His full of shit like Katrien and the rest of the muggy managers before. Pretty much all of them have missed out on the key signings to push us forward. Bull shit.

If you cant get the signing in's you certainly don't allow Ajose to go then that's for sure, the squad is thin enough as it is.

Nicholas your very entertaining mate! Love your rants ! Your probably right though!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Wow, he is proper pissed off. I believe him that he had the funds and a love the type of team he is trying to put together. Roll on Saturday, looking forward to getting behind the team.

My guess would be he probably had a max of £250K & MKD wanted £500K.
  • Options
    Unless I've completely missed something, he said he was meeting fans on Thursday... anyone know what this is?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Wow, he is proper pissed off. I believe him that he had the funds and a love the type of team he is trying to put together. Roll on Saturday, looking forward to getting behind the team.

My guess would be he probably had a max of £250K & MKD wanted £500K.
    He did say we offered a large amount of money!
  • Options
    Don't like him.

Night.
  • Options
    Karl dont turn your phone off. 45 minutes to go. I understand he's outside Valley in Peter Odemwynge's car.
  • Options
    "Certain football clubs that cannot conduct themselves properly'.

You're employed by one scouser. What planet does this geezer live on?