Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options

Nicholas said:

Same old predictable bollocks zzzzz. His full of shit like Katrien and the rest of the muggy managers before. Pretty much all of them have missed out on the key signings to push us forward. Bull shit.

If you cant get the signing in's you certainly don't allow Ajose to go then that's for sure, the squad is thin enough as it is.

It's same old shit for us but he's been taken in hook line and sinker. Can see it in his face.
    yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't totally buy the inflated price stuff, we know what RD/KM are like and they wanted to pocket the Lookman money and look for bargains, but I do believe KR has what he wants in mind and is working towards that. I doubt we will go up this season, but I think we can have a real crack next year with him in charge and a window where he can sign a few.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Knew what you were getting into Karl. Shame because he seems a good judge of player so far.

I love the way he wants us to play, big fan of that, just can't stand him as a bloke.
  • Options

Lewis Grabban joins Reading which pushes Yann down the order. Wonder if he was offered to us given Reading guys wait and see post.

Conor McAleney to Oxford.

I'd be surprised if Lewis Grabban pushes Yann down the order.
  • Options

KR is fuming. Blimey.

Has to be MK Dons he's referring to? Who else would get him so riled up?

Yep, go on Karl, slag off the club that gave you your reputation in football,such as it is.
    I wonder?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    He knew what he what he was letting himself into and the Belgians have f***** him over.

No sympathy from me.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Same old predictable bollocks zzzzz. His full of shit like Katrien and the rest of the muggy managers before. Pretty much all of them have missed out on the key signings to push us forward. Bull shit.

If you cant get the signing in's you certainly don't allow Ajose to go then that's for sure, the squad is thin enough as it is.

It's same old shit for us but he's been taken in hook line and sinker. Can see it in his face.
    He was warned and he new exactly what he was coming into. 7-8 managers in a couple of years, all being mugged off with not enough resources, fans protesting etc, doesn't take a genius to work out what he was coming into. There is no way he can keep up his excited school girl routine for much longer. How long before it all grinds him down like it did to Slade, Peeters, Riga and all the other plums. There's so many other managers but I cant remember half of them anymore.
    You know I think he's a knob but we've become such a web of lies and basically a circus I don't know what to believe anymore.

It's fucking pathetic.
    Ultimately they've created a culture of apathy. I still go to home games because for pretty much all my life it's what I've done most Saturdays. However, I just don't care. I sort of tried to get back into it emotionally a few times under Slade, and I've sorted of tried to get behind KR's positivity/enthusiasm, but this January just goes to show it's cancerous.

Circus is very apt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

Redrobo said:

Wow, he is proper pissed off. I believe him that he had the funds and a love the type of team he is trying to put together. Roll on Saturday, looking forward to getting behind the team.

My guess would be he probably had a max of £250K & MKD wanted £500K.
    He did say we offered a large amount of money!
    £250K would be a very large amount of money for the miser to spend. Tbh it was likely even less.
  • Options
    Let's be honest we got exactly what we expected ! A couple of loan youngsters, a loan established. We signed a who the fuck are you, and a ooh I think iv heard of him. Oh and TW returns !

Did we really expect anything else.
    I like Tony and he excites me more than any of the others.

But, it is what it is, who knows these in comings could be enough to get out of this shit leauge.
  • Options
    braydex said:

It's an act people! He's been told to appear angry and frustrated and blame everyone else but CAFC. They pay his wage. He does what he's told.

He took the job knowing what he was getting himself into. He only had to look at previous January transfer windows to see how we did business. He bullshits as much as KM and RD.

Another shite transfer window tinged with a fake and well rehearsed 'frustrated' gloss. Ladies and gents, please don't be sucked in that this is anything else other than a two fingered salute to fans.

KM. RD. TK. KR. Please all just fuck off

It may well be. He named no clubs, so no one can say he's lying. Very good strategy if true.

I'll go along with the innocent until proven guilty line, so whilst I'm extremely sceptical I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options

Maybe it's just me but I really liked that interview. I think he's honest and I'm not sure why propel don't like him.

I don't dislike the fella, but I just can't get over that when you sell a player for a few million, that other clubs will put the price up for players that we want.

Does he not get that?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Scoham said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

He was warned and he new exactly what he was coming into. 7-8 managers in a couple of years, all being mugged off with not enough resources, fans protesting etc, doesn't take a genius to work out what he was coming into. There is no way he can keep up his excited school girl routine for much longer. How long before it all grinds him down like it did to Slade, Peeters, Riga and all the other plums. There's so many other managers but I cant remember half of them anymore.
    Clearly he never looked into what happened to Slade.

Look at the perfect shine on is head in the first pic compared to the second, barely a reflection sad sad times for the man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnGmrQiUJK4
  • Options
    What about the free agent market
  • Options
    So we've got £11mill (reportedly) in the bank, spent a little bit on JFC and they've said we can finally spend some money to finish the training ground (that was already fully funded through the goodness of RDs heart). So... When is the training ground going to be completed? When is the beacon of RDs regime going to be ready to show off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always look on the bright side of li...cnut!!!!

(Tourettes sorry)

Always lo...cnut!!!
  • Options

Maybe it's just me but I really liked that interview. I think he's honest and I'm not sure why propel don't like him.

I thought he was ok until that interview. Drivel about clubs behaving poorly because they won't sell us their players. Why should they? January transfers are always inflated, just look at the money Palace have spent on bang average players for their level. Don't whinge about it, just get on with it and move onto another target rather than putting all your eggs in one MKDons basket.

As for the noise about the summer window, it's the same we get fed every time and anyway come summer we have lost 6 loanees, Ba, Johnson, likely Tex and Kashi. Then to continue to get close to break even we will sell the likes of Konsa and Aribo... we will need to be extremely busy just to stand still.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    shirty5 said:

I don't dislike the fella, but I just can't get over that when you sell a player for a few million, that other clubs will put the price up for players that we want.

Does he not get that?
    Oh he gets that. It's just that Charlton were being quoted more than other clubs for the same player. I can see why that might piss of Robinson.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Redhenry said:

I didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.
    Decent window with Page and JFC coming in plus the loans look ok, Byrne and the Arsenal lad are the stand outs.
    Looking forward to Saturday

Like Karl im disappointed the big marquee signing didn't happen but I agree with you. Outing Fox and Ajose is another reason why this window hasn't been that bad (page and the Arsenal guy can't be worse!)

If this Arsenal guy proves good and Holmes, Magennis, Watt & Forster Caskey reach full fitness we could be good enough to sneak into the playoffs.

As he says. It's time to go for it now. The fixtures look kinder and we need to go on a winning run.
  • Options
    I think he believes we will still in league 1 come next season.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Does he not get that?
    Oh he gets that. It's just that Charlton were being quoted more than other clubs for the same player. I can see why that might piss of Robinson.

How would he know this?????