Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options

So we've got £11mill (reportedly) in the bank, spent a little bit on JFC and they've said we can finally spend some money to finish the training ground (that was already fully funded through the goodness of RDs heart). So... When is the training ground going to be completed? When is the beacon of RDs regime going to be ready to show off?

Training ground will be funded by increasing the debt! Player transfers out mean debt will be reduced and so cheaper to buy club.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

shirty5 said:

Maybe it's just me but I really liked that interview. I think he's honest and I'm not sure why propel don't like him.

I don't dislike the fella, but I just can't get over that when you sell a player for a few million, that other clubs will put the price up for players that we want.

Does he not get that?
    Oh he gets that. It's just that Charlton were being quoted more than other clubs for the same player. I can see why that might piss of Robinson.

How would he know this?????
    Agents would keep him in touch
    And are we clear that the player in question has actually been sold to another club?

See I am not quite clear what the alleged motive of the other club is here. We are being asked to believe that the player we wanted was quoted to us for, what 500K, but in the end sold to another club for 250k?

Even if they were trying it on, why did they not, when we said no to 500k, back down and say, OK 300k? Isn' that what you would do, if you thought Charlton could pay more than another club?

I know football is a funny business, but it's still a business.

I've assumed KR was talking about Reeves & MKD. Reeves being the number 10 he keeps banging on about.

I'm guessing at a possible fee as Reeves is out of contract & free in the summer.

As far as I'm aware Reeves stayed at MKD.
  • Options
    Another damp squid !!!
    One winner. Roly's pocket

Turned over again by the regime.
    11 million in. Fuck all out.
  • Options
    braydex said:

It's an act people! He's been told to appear angry and frustrated and blame everyone else but CAFC. They pay his wage. He does what he's told.

He took the job knowing what he was getting himself into. He only had to look at previous January transfer windows to see how we did business. He bullshits as much as KM and RD.

Another shite transfer window tinged with a fake and well rehearsed 'frustrated' gloss. Ladies and gents, please don't be sucked in that this is anything else other than a two fingered salute to fans.

KM. RD. TK. KR. Please all just fuck off

I take it you are a plot writer for Coronation Street? If not, with that imagination, you might consider applying. It really is quite gripping.
  • Options
    I thought we were going to splash the cash?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I think he believes we will still in league 1 come next season.

So do I
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

He didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.
    Decent window with Page and JFC coming in plus the loans look ok, Byrne and the Arsenal lad are the stand outs.
    Looking forward to Saturday

Really ? How long have you been following his career ?
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I really don't think Robinson is that smart. He speaks before he thinks and is definitely passing on the Duche message.

He has two problems.

1, Duche tends to only back a manager for one transfer window (admittedly because the managers don't last that long.). If Robinson Is still manager come the start of next season I would expect he will have a lower wage and transfer budget.

2, He will hardly be able to blame the regime when he does get the sack.

He's already told us how impressed he was with RDs vision for the club, tells you all you need to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

shirty5 said:

Maybe it's just me but I really liked that interview. I think he's honest and I'm not sure why propel don't like him.

I don't dislike the fella, but I just can't get over that when you sell a player for a few million, that other clubs will put the price up for players that we want.

Does he not get that?
    Oh he gets that. It's just that Charlton were being quoted more than other clubs for the same player. I can see why that might piss of Robinson.

How would he know this?????
    Agents would keep him in touch
    And are we clear that the player in question has actually been sold to another club?

See I am not quite clear what the alleged motive of the other club is here. We are being asked to believe that the player we wanted was quoted to us for, what 500K, but in the end sold to another club for 250k?

Even if they were trying it on, why did they not, when we said no to 500k, back down and say, OK 300k? Isn' that what you would do, if you thought Charlton could pay more than another club?

I know football is a funny business, but it's still a business.

Liars!
    End of
  • Options
    Major said:

supaclive said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.
    Decent window with Page and JFC coming in plus the loans look ok, Byrne and the Arsenal lad are the stand outs.

Respect your view @Redhenry but can you genuinely say this window represents a club that desperately wants to get to the next level?

Imo we had clear deficiencies in certain areas going into it, was in receipt of a near £12m windfall from the sale of two players which could bankroll a complete rebuild and some (which only ever comes along to a club our current level once in a blue moon), yet we've ended up taking a (footballing sense) risk on a couple of kids who have never started a professional game but are as cheap as chips on the wage bill as you can get.

If Bob Peeters states that in the Championship there was no ambition to get us to the Premier League you can as sure as shit that Roland goes not a stuff about us being and remaining in League One.
    I think we are still paying the price for past mistakes. I hope the budget improves once some of the dead weight has gone. I agree they are never going to break the bank. Robinson has ambition that's a positive. @AFKABartram
    That's just nonsense. He has verbal diarrhoea. Anybody with half a football brain sees we need a centre forward, a number 10 and a centre half minimum.

We've taken the cheap route. I've just backed us large to not make the play offs.

The people in charge have NO idea.

The End.
    Spoken like a true supporter! I really hope you lose whatever 'Large' means in your football for a brain.
    Huh? How on earth can you do anything but NOT back us to make them play offs?

We've weakened the squad this window. We knew this would happen. It's been the same for six transfer windows.

Did you expect different?

Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Roland would do well to understand that!
  • Options
    Floebot said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vij6WD3crY

This was an interesting watch

Erm........where did I see that recently
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Really could of had a go at this promotion lark but nope yet again a club that shortchanges its fans, we support the team and what do we get a couple of coaches to Bolton and some annoying scouse twat that can't shut up, even players putting instagrams up of the "famous" Bolton win, ffs wearing thin, follow it up with a few more and fair play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Major said:

supaclive said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.

Respect your view @Redhenry but can you genuinely say this window represents a club that desperately wants to get to the next level?

Imo we had clear deficiencies in certain areas going into it, was in receipt of a near £12m windfall from the sale of two players which could bankroll a complete rebuild and some (which only ever comes along to a club our current level once in a blue moon), yet we've ended up taking a (footballing sense) risk on a couple of kids who have never started a professional game but are as cheap as chips on the wage bill as you can get.

If Bob Peeters states that in the Championship there was no ambition to get us to the Premier League you can as sure as shit that Roland goes not a stuff about us being and remaining in League One.
    I think we are still paying the price for past mistakes. I hope the budget improves once some of the dead weight has gone. I agree they are never going to break the bank. Robinson has ambition that's a positive. @AFKABartram
    That's just nonsense. He has verbal diarrhoea. Anybody with half a football brain sees we need a centre forward, a number 10 and a centre half minimum.

We've taken the cheap route. I've just backed us large to not make the play offs.

The people in charge have NO idea.

The End.
    Spoken like a true supporter! I really hope you lose whatever 'Large' means in your football for a brain.
    I take it that you think the Belgians are moving us in the right direction?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I can't say I enjoyed watching that interview.
    However if there is no more business to be done at least tex is staying which is a plus.
    The two elements of the video which I thought were not in harmony with each other were that for the rest of this season we go for it, yet the summer recruitment effort starts tomorrow.
    I hope the recruitment effort that starts tomorrow has two layers, if we go up, or if we stay in this poxy league.
    Tomorrow is about counting the bodies, sorting out the fitness, sorting out the play.
    And then winning nineteen successive matches.

N N N N Nineteen nineteen
    N N N N Nineteen nineteen.

That's also the average age Roland wants so he can flog the team in the summer.
  • Options
    Floebot said:

Floebot said:

Here it is embedded. Taken from facebook.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vij6WD3crY[/youtube]
    Seeing as he's just rehashed that interview for us, I'm now mildly depressed! Or annoyed. One of the two.

Every transfer window has been the same since 2014 and it won't change until they're (Regime) gone. Every Jan 31st / end of window it appears that we can hear Sonny and Cher singing on the radio! (Subtle link to a great Bill Murray film)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Redhenry said:

This and this and this. Personally I think KR is acting a lot of that anger. But he has now got to show what he actually can do.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I like KR and what he has brought to the club, his enthusiasm etc. However I do agree he is either so arrogant he can't understand other clubs may not want to sell their players or sell them to us, either that or he is simply playing to the masses. Rabble rousing speeches are a tool deployed throughout the ages.

I genuinely think he is good for the club and if it wasn't for the regime some of you doubters might feel the same................or it could be because he isn't RS or even KF that I feel this way.
  • Options
    I don't think it's crying wolf. I think it's his management style. He likes to create a siege mentality - 'they're all against us lads, let's show em'. Whether you think that's a modern management technique or a bit Ron Atkinson is open to debate, but I don't think there's anything devious or underhand in it. He definitely gives a shit and that'll do for me. As others have said, it's about results now.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Floebot said:

Floebot said:

Here it is embedded. Taken from facebook.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vij6WD3crY[/youtube]
    Sounds really angry and upset in this video. Shows he cares and hie has passion. What an absolute tosser
  • Options
    I like Robinson and fully support what he is trying to do but I don't see how you can get too angry at other clubs. They don't have to sell. All of our windows are disapointing and having expectations of anything else is ignoring the owner's record and we have got a good player in JFC in this one and Konsa and Aribo fortunately give us midfield options and energy. It is a shame because I think a couple of decent signings and we would be well set. We can still do it with what we have injuries and form permitting but it will be a lot harder.

I think Watt is going to be a key player for us.