Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    So as sure as the aftermath of a match against the Spanners brings angst, regret and grievance, another transfer window closes for Charlton Athletic and we are left with a nasty taste in our mouths.

There is a cancer at the heart of this club and I believe this regime have a plan which is now becoming apparent to us, even those fair minded amongst us who were willing to give them a chance.

Personally, chucking a Scouse git with verbal diarrhoea into the equation has only managed to twist my melon even further!
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

That MK interview is very revealing, bordering on embarrassing. It even includes the anecdotal reference to meeting 2 random supporters who said thankyou for all the club was doing (was this on a petrol station Karl),

I want Charlton to succeed, I want Karl to succeed, I will be willing them on from the Covered End saturday but please Karl, take a leaf out KMs latest book, if you cant say anything worthwhile say nothing at all.

And be equally criticised (if not more so) for keeping schtum, lack of communication blah blah blah, he can't win in this situation.
    I think he is very media savvy and is clearly playing the game and trying to appease his boss and the fans.
    I for one will only criticise him for results, he can talk as much shite as he likes if by 2pm 30th April we are in 6th place.
    Say it again, he can be a Trappist monk or have tourettes if we win games consistently but to trot out the same excuse in two different windows for two different clubs is a tad embarrassing.
    Hence the media savvy comment and appeasement, he played the same game in both interviews
    media savvy would mean remembering you used that before and it's on video ; - )

It's a game, the media side is important now more than ever and he talks well and often, sometime IMHO too often and without thinking through all the implications.

Just win games.
  • Options
    We are currently a club with no ambition whose sole purpose is to try and break even. Relying on numerous loan signings smacks of desperation and it seems unlikely the club will benefit.
    Continuing to die very very slowly.....
  • Options
    Bit unfair on OM if he was released this morning and not before the end of the transfer window. As now he won't be able to sign for another club this season... not bothered about Ba thou.
  • Options

Bit unfair on OM if he was released this morning and not before the end of the transfer window. As now he won't be able to sign for another club this season... not bothered about Ba thou.
    Wonder if the paperwork etc. was completed yesterday, if thats done then I guess he can sign anywhere
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Surely any player that is unattached, ie. not on contract, can be signed by another club anytime?
  • Options

BA and Muldoon released

Thank god that Ba has gone now and we're no longer paying his wages

Said it yesterday but couldnt understand why Muldoon was still here, lad needs to go elsewhere for his career
    I doubt very much that we have avoided paying Ba's wages. Just that he's got (most of) the wonga up front rather than spread over the term of his contract.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Surely any player that is unattached, ie. not on contract, can be signed by another club anytime?
    No, they have to be unattached during the last window to be able to play for another league club before the next window.

That's to stop teams releasing players outside the window who then sign for another club the next day by agreement.

I assume both Ba and Muldoon were officially released yesterday so can sign elsewhere. If not, why would they let themselves go into limbo for 6 months.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Think this was changed a while back. You cannot sign until next window if released outside of a transfer window I think?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

That MK interview is very revealing, bordering on embarrassing. It even includes the anecdotal reference to meeting 2 random supporters who said thankyou for all the club was doing (was this on a petrol station Karl),

I want Charlton to succeed, I want Karl to succeed, I will be willing them on from the Covered End saturday but please Karl, take a leaf out KMs latest book, if you cant say anything worthwhile say nothing at all.

And be equally criticised (if not more so) for keeping schtum, lack of communication blah blah blah, he can't win in this situation.
    I think he is very media savvy and is clearly playing the game and trying to appease his boss and the fans.
    I for one will only criticise him for results, he can talk as much shite as he likes if by 2pm 30th April we are in 6th place.
    Say it again, he can be a Trappist monk or have tourettes if we win games consistently but to trot out the same excuse in two different windows for two different clubs is a tad embarrassing.
    Hence the media savvy comment and appeasement, he played the same game in both interviews
    media savvy would mean remembering you used that before and it's on video ; - )

It's a game, the media side is important now more than ever and he talks well and often, sometime IMHO too often and without thinking through all the implications.

Just win games.
    the remembering bit i'll grant you, but still plays it well.
  • Options
    Floebot said:

Floebot said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vij6WD3crY

This was an interesting watch

Erm........where did I see that recently
    Here it is embedded. Taken from facebook.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vij6WD3crY[/youtube]
    I said that pathetic performance yesterday was an act. And here we have the rehearsal!

This bloke is such a cliche.
  • Options

He is now a free agent, so will be able to sign for a club at any time.
  • Options

He is now a free agent, so will be able to sign for a club at any time.
    Apparently it happened before the deadline. If it didn't then no he wouldn't. Like Cox had to wait till the start of January to join Crawley.
  • Options
    KR said in his cafc interview that he is meeting fans on Thursday - anyone know anything about this?
  • Options

KR said in his cafc interview that he is meeting fans on Thursday - anyone know anything about this?

Probably Target 20k and EKA.
  • Options
    I turned off the video half way through, as it just came over as the drunken ramblings you get on Saturday evening in the pub or on 6-0-6!

Sometimes less is more Karl...
  • Options
    Someone's been at his wiki page.

Very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even without the marquee signings I don't think that the squad is too bad. Holmes being back fit and Watt showing signs of knuckling down are a huge plus. Big Mac is only a week or two away from returning.

Nothing to stop us kicking on now.

It is again a small squad.

Injuries, suspensions and loss of form can all stop us "kicking on"

Other teams will try to beat us and stop us playing. They aren't going to roll over for us.

We are relying on a lot of young and largely untried players plus players new to the club.

With out first 18 out there we should be more than strong enough but people have been saying what a strong squad we have for three years yet we haven't kicked on.

We're in league 1 and we should be a lot higher than 11th but we're not
  • Options

se9addick said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry - bit behind the times and just watched this video - why does he keep saying things like "I'll deal with the consequences of what I'm saying" and "some people are going to be upset with me saying this" when he's really not saying anything at all?

He's trying to make out he's being far more brutally honest than he actually is and it's very odd.
    The Scouse David Brent.
    Nail on head, it is just like a scouse David Brent - you know that episode when they tell him that either his branch or the Swindon branch is going to face redundancies - the little speech Brent gives to his people afterwards is like that !
  • Options
    All this transfer window demonstrates is that we need new owners with some commitment and ambition for the club - so absolutely nothing has changed and no lessons have been learned. We really are reliant on Gobby and the coaches getting the team to play as whole and making individual players give what they are capable of. At this level such turnarounds are more than possible - but has anyone ever seen one where there is commitment form the ownership?
  • Options
    KM let Robbo know we

Even without the marquee signings I don't think that the squad is too bad. Holmes being back fit and Watt showing signs of knuckling down are a huge plus. Big Mac is only a week or two away from returning.

Nothing to stop us kicking on now.

too many kids, too much lack of experience
  • Options

I think Watt is going to be a key player for us.

I hope you are right but he does have a serial history of being unable to commit to any club for more than a very short period. I fear if he has a few good games then he will start thinking he is a world beater and just return back to Stage 1.
  • Options

Someone's been at his wiki page.

Very good.

Love it