Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry - bit behind the times and just watched this video - why does he keep saying things like "I'll deal with the consequences of what I'm saying" and "some people are going to be upset with me saying this" when he's really not saying anything at all?

He's trying to make out he's being far more brutally honest than he actually is and it's very odd.
    The Scouse David Brent.
    Nail on head, it is just like a scouse David Brent - you know that episode when they tell him that either his branch or the Swindon branch is going to face redundancies - the little speech Brent gives to his people afterwards is like that !
    Been saying this since the first interview was aired, just full of shit saying what he thinks the customers want to hear, massive club, fantastic history, playing for the badge, passionate supporters / customers, proud to be part of such a fantastic club but it all starts falling apart when he claims how hard the liar is working & how excited he is at doucebags vision for the club. Never bought into it, the latest PR boys earning their corn for sure. In actual fact i think he threw in a bit of kevin keegans rant, "you know what I'd love it just love it"etc not word for word but how he /the cloob had been wronged (in his eyes)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry - bit behind the times and just watched this video - why does he keep saying things like "I'll deal with the consequences of what I'm saying" and "some people are going to be upset with me saying this" when he's really not saying anything at all?

He's trying to make out he's being far more brutally honest than he actually is and it's very odd.
    The Scouse David Brent.
    Nail on head, it is just like a scouse David Brent - you know that episode when they tell him that either his branch or the Swindon branch is going to face redundancies - the little speech Brent gives to his people afterwards is like that !
    Yep, that's exactly what comes to mind. Do you want the bad news or the irrelevant news?
  • Options
    From what I saw at Bolton we should have a good enough squad to make a challenge for the playoffs.
    No, I'm not totally impressed with the signings but do believe KR has made an effort to sign players. This transfer window is always stupid and clubs will continue to ask for silly money. I'm surprised Bolton sold Zac Clough to Forrest because that's them finished for an automatic promotion place. Also very high prices being paid for average Premier league (Snodgrass) and Championship players.
    Fast attacking players, I assume are hard to find. The main criticism I have is getting too many loan players, so major recruitment is needed in the summer, which might explain why KR is doing this now.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Not so supa :smiley:
  • Options
    braydex said:

I said i thought it was an act and having watched the MK interview i know it is. It's almost the same bloody interview.

One thing though, he mentioned in the Charlton interview that perhaps people dont like us? Maybe youre right Karl. Perhaps other clubs realise what a farce the club is? Perhaps they know what a fraud you are and were put off doing deals with you having seen your transfer rant (take 1).

Perhaps......although other clubs want to sell players, they like and respect those players and dont feel they want to be responsible for allowing them to join us? Perhaps other managers dont see it as being a good move for their players?

This...this is unhinged
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Genuinely annoyed as per usual by the antics at our once great club, but can't we give all the anti Karl stuff a rest. If you think he is an idiot or whatever, so what he is our idiot. Back the team not the regime is the mantra on here but as manager he is part of the team.

Really? But it was ok to take an instant dislike to KF, BP, RS etc.

He is not part of the team. He took the job on knowing full well what was happening at our club. He knew the fans unrest and would be aware of the revolving door of managers before him. A bit of digging around would have told him how the club operate during transfer windows and he only had to do a few google searches to discover more about his new employers, their thoughts, their experience, their interest in the club, their vision of what the Valley should be like.

He cannot be that stupid! He must have known what he was getting involved in and was prepared to get involved. A manager can be 'lost' for years in the wilderness if they are not in a job. So he took whatever came along at whatever cost.

Now.....perhaps he has been lied to? Perhaps he has been misled? if so, he should walk away and say he wasn't prepared to be treated like that. If not.....then he only has himself to blame. Because the rest of us, who do not mix in footballing circles on a day to day basis, unlike KR, all knew exactly how this transfer window would pan out. And the majority of us were all right. Why is then, that he feels it is all so wrong?
  • Options
    braydex said:

cfgs said:

Genuinely annoyed as per usual by the antics at our once great club, but can't we give all the anti Karl stuff a rest. If you think he is an idiot or whatever, so what he is our idiot. Back the team not the regime is the mantra on here but as manager he is part of the team.

Really? But it was ok to take an instant dislike to KF, BP, RS etc.

He is not part of the team. He took the job on knowing full well what was happening at our club. He knew the fans unrest and would be aware of the revolving door of managers before him. A bit of digging around would have told him how the club operate during transfer windows and he only had to do a few google searches to discover more about his new employers, their thoughts, their experience, their interest in the club, their vision of what the Valley should be like.

He cannot be that stupid! He must have known what he was getting involved in and was prepared to get involved. A manager can be 'lost' for years in the wilderness if they are not in a job. So he took whatever came along at whatever cost.

Now.....perhaps he has been lied to? Perhaps he has been misled? if so, he should walk away and say he wasn't prepared to be treated like that. If not.....then he only has himself to blame. Because the rest of us, who do not mix in footballing circles on a day to day basis, unlike KR, all knew exactly how this transfer window would pan out. And the majority of us were all right. Why is then, that he feels it is all so wrong?
    I gave BP and RS a chance at first, initially I disliked Riga the first time (because of what he represented) but grew to like him. I grew disillusioned with big Bob and smiley Russ quite quickly, however KR has begun to win me over partly as he is enthusiastic to a painful level and partly because results are starting to appear. I don't feel genuine affection for the bloke but think all bile should be directed at those that are truly responsible for the mess at our club.

If KR fails then we move onto the next idiot/mug and that is likely to be a proper network stooge next time so I want KR to succeed and the aging Belgian numpty to sell up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a lot of it is for show with KR but I am warming to him and feel that we are in a much better position than under RS and I certainly am finding the football more enjoying to watch. He has my support purely because he is our Manager, I have never been one for ranting at the manager will always support them but I genuinely feel that he is the best since SCP and I am positive about where he can take us. I don't doubt the ineptitude of those above him but hope that the future is brighter. COYR.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.
    Decent window with Page and JFC coming in plus the loans look ok, Byrne and the Arsenal lad are the stand outs.
    Looking forward to Saturday

Respect your view @Redhenry but can you genuinely say this window represents a club that desperately wants to get to the next level?

Imo we had clear deficiencies in certain areas going into it, was in receipt of a near £12m windfall from the sale of two players which could bankroll a complete rebuild and some (which only ever comes along to a club our current level once in a blue moon), yet we've ended up taking a (footballing sense) risk on a couple of kids who have never started a professional game but are as cheap as chips on the wage bill as you can get.

If Bob Peeters states that in the Championship there was no ambition to get us to the Premier League you can as sure as shit that Roland goes not a stuff about us being and remaining in League One.
    I think we are still paying the price for past mistakes. I hope the budget improves once some of the dead weight has gone. I agree they are never going to break the bank. Robinson has ambition that's a positive. @AFKABartram
    Anybody with half a football brain sees we need a centre half.

Why do we need 7 centre halves ?

We have Bauer, Tex, Pearce, Konsa, Lennon & Johnson.
    Ok, wants out (we are trying to sell), injured, playing in midfield, accident waiting to happen, is an accident that happened.

One centre half that we aren't paying too much wages to, fit and wanting to be here.

One number ten to creatively spark this team and chip in with 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season.

A centre forward, fit and able to score goals (with a track record of scoring goals in senior football)

Yes.

• Options
    How does our transfer activity compare to teams above us in the league, Millwall have strengthened beyond all recognition.
  • Options
    Good post MKDinpeace.
  • Options

MK supporter in peace.

I know 99% of you dislike our club and what it "stands for", but that isn't what I'm here to debate. I sympathise with you lot and your situation with your owner, and think Charlton belong at a higher level than League 1.

I'm here to talk a bit about Karl Robinson, after the very underhand and unprofessional interview he gave last night concerning us.

(apologies for the post length..)

Karl Robinson is a hypocrite.

In his recent post-window interview he gave, he gave a very familiar interview putting blame on other clubs as to why he had failed to land certain players. With the comments he made, it was easy to read between the lines and notice he was talking about he previous club MK Dons and his pursuit of one of our players which was likely Ben Reeves (but possibly Darren Potter who he is also a big fan of).

Both of those players are contracted with us until the summer and have been at this club for years. Publically, at least, both of those players also want to play for our club and stay here, at least for now. Publically, Robinson has also said he wants Ben Reeves.

The thing is, we’ve seen something similar very recently involving Karl, MK Dons and a player of ours, except the other way round. This time involving our defender Kyle McFadzean last summer. Sheffield United were very interested in signing him and made a bid for him.

Karl Robinson publically went on record to say that he “would not sell to a league rival” as it would strengthen a club playing in the same league as us. (Link to interview here: http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/dons-want-away-mcfadzean-won-t-be-sold-to-rivals-sheffield-united-1-7451523 ).

We later sold McFadzean to a Championship club (Burton Albion), accepting a bid of less than what Sheffield United apparently offered. Robinson had stuck by his words, at least, and Sheffield United weren’t very happy. Another important point in that affair was that McFadzean actually wanted to leave our club and had refused to attend training. This is not the case with Reeves.

His whole pursuit of Reeves has been very unsavoury. Robinson has not only publically said he wants the player, but last night, heavily criticised us for not selling him a player that goes completely against his principles whilst here at MK. On top of that, the player, publically at least is happy here and has showed no signs of wanting to leave (he is yet to sign a new contract, but none of our players at all have either yet).

What happened to “we won’t sell to a league rival” or “we won’t strengthen someone else and leave us weaker” Karl? Encouraging the exact opposite of what he was so adamant about last summer. He should know our view, yet has tried to force our hand, and when things haven’t gone his way has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Also, worth pointing out that the “passion” and “frustration” he showed in his video interview last night, is almost identical to the one he gave to MK after the summer window. I’m sure most of you have seen it. In fact, I’ve seen a few of his post-match interviews he’s given to Charlton and they are the same excuses, same finger pointing. The usual “we dominated”, “we were the better team”, blaming the referee, and everyone but himself.

Karl, perhaps, it’s not them, it’s you? And I’m not talking just about losing games, but dealings in the transfer window. We had a fairly good window at MK this January, and have a very assured and competent manager in Robbie Neilson who is doing good things here, and given the choice I would pick Neilson over Robinson every time.

Any respect I had for Karl has gone now. He did good things whilst he was here, particularly with our academy sides, encouraging development of young players like Dele Alli, Brendan Galloway etc, but he has the personality attributes of a toddler, gets frustrated easily, throws his toys out of the pram when things don’t go his way, and is a very stubborn tactician on the pitch.

I do think he might sneak Charlton into the playoffs, but be under no illusions with him, he has no real loyalty, out for himself and his reputation, and is a bit of a hypocrite in my opinion. It seems a lot of you have seen through it already.

I think when things start to go wrong we'll see the real Robinson.

Shouldn't have long to wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IN:
    Proper players: JFC, Byrne and Page.

Players with potential: Dasilva and Mavididi

OUT:
    Ajose, Ba, Foley, Fox, Hanlan, Lookman

On paper that looks pretty dire business, in terms of numbers.

Alternatively; only Lookman (top quality), and Fox (arguably) were worth their places in the side.

JFC, Byrne and Page look like automatic selections (despite Chicksen suddenly looking very good).

Mavididi must have something or Driesen , sorry, Robinson wouldn't have signed him. He looks like a player with potential. Dasilva perhaps the same, but less athletic.

Overall I'm going to risk ridicule and say we're better off now than we were in December.

But it's clear that the Lookman millions are missing. Expected some of the money would go towards recouping 'losses', but had hoped that a few million might be set aside for squad strengthening.

The acid test will come in the summer after we've (probably) missed out on promotion.
    Those of you that have experienced the last three or four summer transfer windows will advise fans not to hold their breath.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

IN:

OUT:

Alternatively; only Lookman (top quality), and Fox (arguably) were worth their places in the side.

JFC, Byrne and Page look like automatic selections (despite Chicksen suddenly looking very good).

Mavididi must have something or Driesen , sorry, Robinson wouldn't have signed him. He looks like a player with potential. Dasilva perhaps the same, but less athletic.

Overall I'm going to risk ridicule and say we're better off now than we were in December.

But it's clear that the Lookman millions are missing. Expected some of the money would go towards recouping 'losses', but had hoped that a few million might be set aside for squad strengthening.

The acid test will come in the summer after we've (probably) missed out on promotion.
    Those of you that have experienced the last three or four summer transfer windows will advise fans not to hold their breath.

The lookman money's gone into Roland's back pocket, we'll fail to get promoted and so katrien will say "we need to keep the lookman money so we can cover our losses this year". Roland then continues to lend the club his money with interest. And so Roland has very cleverly found a way of making money out of football. By slowly poisoning and destroying the clubs he owns.
  • Options
    Yes Robinson does talk a lot and maybe he does ham it up for the camera but imo the squad is looking generally better balanced and the type of player coming in are suited to a more attacking style. Even with the limited money spent and we all know why that is, it's better than what we had. I'm all for protesting against the regime but feel that Robinson is doing a good job under the circumstances. So much negativity towards him on here.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

IN:

OUT:

The lookman money's gone into Roland's back pocket, we'll fail to get promoted and so katrien will say "we need to keep the lookman money so we can cover our losses this year". Roland then continues to lend the club his money with interest. And so Roland has very cleverly found a way of making money out of football. By slowly poisoning and destroying the clubs he owns.
    Are you saying you have proof that Roland has stolen some money from the club?
  • Options
    supaclive said:

supaclive said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I didn't mention anything about the club not backing him, quite the opposite is what I heard. He seems quite upbeat, just annoyed that another club has stiffed him.
    Decent window with Page and JFC coming in plus the loans look ok, Byrne and the Arsenal lad are the stand outs.
    Looking forward to Saturday

Respect your view @Redhenry but can you genuinely say this window represents a club that desperately wants to get to the next level?

Imo we had clear deficiencies in certain areas going into it, was in receipt of a near £12m windfall from the sale of two players which could bankroll a complete rebuild and some (which only ever comes along to a club our current level once in a blue moon), yet we've ended up taking a (footballing sense) risk on a couple of kids who have never started a professional game but are as cheap as chips on the wage bill as you can get.

If Bob Peeters states that in the Championship there was no ambition to get us to the Premier League you can as sure as shit that Roland goes not a stuff about us being and remaining in League One.
    I think we are still paying the price for past mistakes. I hope the budget improves once some of the dead weight has gone. I agree they are never going to break the bank. Robinson has ambition that's a positive. @AFKABartram
    Anybody with half a football brain sees we need a centre half.

Why do we need 7 centre halves ?

We have Bauer, Tex, Pearce, Konsa, Lennon & Johnson.
    Ok, wants out (we are trying to sell), injured, playing in midfield, accident waiting to happen, is an accident that happened.

One centre half that we aren't paying too much wages to, fit and wanting to be here.

One number ten to creatively spark this team and chip in with 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season.

A centre forward, fit and able to score goals (with a track record of scoring goals in senior football)

Yes.

Tex may or may not want out, but the transfer window has closed.

Pearce should be fit in a month & in the mean time Konsa can cover Bauer & Tex.

I agree that Lennon & Johnson are no great shakes, although Lennon did very well at Gillingham last season.
  • Options
    For all those condemning KR for his video and other statements, personally, I do not have to like him, I do not care, (within limits), what he says, I do not have to listen, he is there to get us promoted and if he does that he can spout off all he wants
  • Options

MK supporter in peace.

I know 99% of you dislike our club and what it "stands for", but that isn't what I'm here to debate. I sympathise with you lot and your situation with your owner, and think Charlton belong at a higher level than League 1.

I'm here to talk a bit about Karl Robinson, after the very underhand and unprofessional interview he gave last night concerning us.

(apologies for the post length..)

Karl Robinson is a hypocrite.

In his recent post-window interview he gave, he gave a very familiar interview putting blame on other clubs as to why he had failed to land certain players. With the comments he made, it was easy to read between the lines and notice he was talking about he previous club MK Dons and his pursuit of one of our players which was likely Ben Reeves (but possibly Darren Potter who he is also a big fan of).

Both of those players are contracted with us until the summer and have been at this club for years. Publically, at least, both of those players also want to play for our club and stay here, at least for now. Publically, Robinson has also said he wants Ben Reeves.

The thing is, we’ve seen something similar very recently involving Karl, MK Dons and a player of ours, except the other way round. This time involving our defender Kyle McFadzean last summer. Sheffield United were very interested in signing him and made a bid for him.

Karl Robinson publically went on record to say that he “would not sell to a league rival” as it would strengthen a club playing in the same league as us. (Link to interview here: http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/dons-want-away-mcfadzean-won-t-be-sold-to-rivals-sheffield-united-1-7451523 ).

We later sold McFadzean to a Championship club (Burton Albion), accepting a bid of less than what Sheffield United apparently offered. Robinson had stuck by his words, at least, and Sheffield United weren’t very happy. Another important point in that affair was that McFadzean actually wanted to leave our club and had refused to attend training. This is not the case with Reeves.

His whole pursuit of Reeves has been very unsavoury. Robinson has not only publically said he wants the player, but last night, heavily criticised us for not selling him a player that goes completely against his principles whilst here at MK. On top of that, the player, publically at least is happy here and has showed no signs of wanting to leave (he is yet to sign a new contract, but none of our players at all have either yet).

What happened to “we won’t sell to a league rival” or “we won’t strengthen someone else and leave us weaker” Karl? Encouraging the exact opposite of what he was so adamant about last summer. He should know our view, yet has tried to force our hand, and when things haven’t gone his way has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Also, worth pointing out that the “passion” and “frustration” he showed in his video interview last night, is almost identical to the one he gave to MK after the summer window. I’m sure most of you have seen it. In fact, I’ve seen a few of his post-match interviews he’s given to Charlton and they are the same excuses, same finger pointing. The usual “we dominated”, “we were the better team”, blaming the referee, and everyone but himself.

Karl, perhaps, it’s not them, it’s you? And I’m not talking just about losing games, but dealings in the transfer window. We had a fairly good window at MK this January, and have a very assured and competent manager in Robbie Neilson who is doing good things here, and given the choice I would pick Neilson over Robinson every time.

Any respect I had for Karl has gone now. He did good things whilst he was here, particularly with our academy sides, encouraging development of young players like Dele Alli, Brendan Galloway etc, but he has the personality attributes of a toddler, gets frustrated easily, throws his toys out of the pram when things don’t go his way, and is a very stubborn tactician on the pitch.

I do think he might sneak Charlton into the playoffs, but be under no illusions with him, he has no real loyalty, out for himself and his reputation, and is a bit of a hypocrite in my opinion. It seems a lot of you have seen through it already.

I think when things start to go wrong we'll see the real Robinson.

Shouldn't have long to wait.
    That's the spirit.

I'm afraid the times of glass half full are long gone with the way this football club conducts itself these days.
    I've had a gut full ,as I'm sure most of us have.

And you can blame this shower of shit regime for that.

'Awful until proven otherwise' is my mantra for this farce.
    Robinson is going to have to do a lot more than blabbing down a microphone before I'm convinced.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JamesSeed said:

IN:

OUT:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

IN:

OUT:

To the ins as these players have strengthened the squad you need to add Watt and would also suggest Aribo and possibly Dikjsteel.