Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps he's listened to the getting to know the network pt 3 and is referring to the way Morrison, parsnip Pete and hamer were treated when questioning some clubs conduct.

In the cold light of day when the window opened our main goal threats were magennis, Lookman and (albeit a struggling) ajose.
    It shuts with it being Tony watt (1 in 16), lee Novak and a kid who has yet to make an appearance in senior football. I just hope magennis is back soon but with our medical teams track record I won't hold my breath.
    Meanwhile, down the road, them lot keep Morison, Gregory and obrien.

How's the training ground works coming along?
  • Options
    More PR bollocks to cover up the failure to strengthen the squad.

It would carry more weight if Duchatelet had shown, at any point over the last three years, that he is willing to pay the going rate for quality players at our level

• Options
    Valley11 said:

I don't think it's crying wolf. I think it's his management style. He likes to create a siege mentality - 'they're all against us lads, let's show em'.

It's a ploy that's worked for Dyche and Holloway amongst others.
    I'm not convinced that is what he is doing here though.
    He is just trying to "manage" the disappointment of not getting what he wanted
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Maybe it's just me but I really liked that interview. I think he's honest and I'm not sure why propel don't like him.

I don't dislike the fella, but I just can't get over that when you sell a player for a few million, that other clubs will put the price up for players that we want.

Does he not get that?
    Oh he gets that. It's just that Charlton were being quoted more than other clubs for the same player. I can see why that might piss of Robinson.

How would he know this?????
    I would imagine the players agent has told him what other clubs have been quoted hence when we get giving a price it is higher.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    KR in post transfer window, angry reaction at the way his latest club have been treated shocker. He's had a knock back and he's trying to be the diplomat by clearing his patch, keeping the fans on board whilst obviously not wanting to openly criticise his paymaster. Plenty of sound bites but I'm not convinced about the sincerity of it all. So it's a backs to the wall philosophy now, we all unite and go with what we have.

Yet there's a message from him to Latrine to get working on the summer recruits. Are they for the Campionship then or the rebuild for L1 when at least half a dozen maybe ten loanees and unwanted players exit, go figure. Same old same, same old beckons, better keep that revolving door well oiled!

Good luck Karl because the home form is now crucial. Notwithstanding last weeks superb smash and grab victory if we don't capitalise on it, I can see the natives getting very restless again because you're walking a very thin tightrope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

I don't think it's crying wolf. I think it's his management style. He likes to create a siege mentality - 'they're all against us lads, let's show em'. Whether you think that's a modern management technique or a bit Ron Atkinson is open to debate, but I don't think there's anything devious or underhand in it. He definitely gives a shit and that'll do for me. As others have said, it's about results now.

If it's not true then it is devious and underhand.

So either you believe that by pure coincidence that some nasty people did the dirty on him at MK Dons and now some other nasty people (maybe from MK Dons) did the dirty on him now OR he's making it up to create a siege mentality?

Which do you think it is @Valley11 ?
  • Options
    Can you imagine if HIS team did all this talking on the pitch?

Here's to living in hope!
  • Options

More PR bollocks to cover up the failure to strengthen the squad.

It would carry more weight if Duchatelet had shown, at any point over the last three years, that he is willing to pay the going rate for quality players at our level

I think this is the real issue isn't it? Whether or not what Robinson said is the truth, previous form has shown that this regime NEVER invests fully and we are always left with a squad that is lacking in some way or another. It's the same old story every single window. We hear so much from apologists saying 'the window hasn't closed yet' and 'wait until the end of the month' well once again we've failed to improve our squad sufficiently.

When are people going to learn that this is Roland's way. He is a fool who is haemorrhaging money because he penny pinches in the wrong areas. We've seen what can be achieved when a manager is allowed to build a fit and proper squad with players that he chooses himself. Powell did exactly that and we romped the league, and apparently, he didn't spend a fortune to get there. No manager will be ever be given such an opportunity with Duchatelet running the show.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    That MK interview is very revealing, bordering on embarrassing. It even includes the anecdotal reference to meeting 2 random supporters who said thankyou for all the club was doing (was this on a petrol station Karl),

I want Charlton to succeed, I want Karl to succeed, I will be willing them on from the Covered End saturday but please Karl, take a leaf out KMs latest book, if you cant say anything worthwhile say nothing at all.
  • Options
    Ps. Great find @Floebot if it was you that stumbled on this
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I like Robinson, but he doesn't half talk some bollocks. More than me in fact.....

The only difference is the accent.
  • Options
    ...and shop else where is what we did. Albeit a loan.
  • Options
    we will always fail to perform in every aspect, kr is no different, granted hes had a good start but talks rubbish and some fans believe that them upstairs have changed. no they havent its simple fail,repeat,lie,fail,repeat,lie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A similar thing allegedly happened whilst at MK Dons when Robinson did want Kyle McFadzlen to go to Sheffield United (a league rival at the time) The deal did not go through and both parties moved on.

Unless this other unnamed club has broken the rules, then move on and concentrate on the rest of the season.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

That MK interview is very revealing, bordering on embarrassing. It even includes the anecdotal reference to meeting 2 random supporters who said thankyou for all the club was doing (was this on a petrol station Karl),

I want Charlton to succeed, I want Karl to succeed, I will be willing them on from the Covered End saturday but please Karl, take a leaf out KMs latest book, if you cant say anything worthwhile say nothing at all.

This a million times over.
    Do it on the effing pitch, and shut up about everything.
    I for one have had 'poxy communication overload' from these clowns.
    Promotion for me is not a hope but a demand.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

And be equally criticised (if not more so) for keeping schtum, lack of communication blah blah blah, he can't win in this situation.
    I think he is very media savvy and is clearly playing the game and trying to appease his boss and the fans.
    I for one will only criticise him for results, he can talk as much shite as he likes if by 2pm 30th April we are in 6th place.
    Say it again, he can be a Trappist monk or have tourettes if we win games consistently but to trot out the same excuse in two different windows for two different clubs is a tad embarrassing.
  • Options
    BA and Muldoon released

• Options

DA9 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

And be equally criticised (if not more so) for keeping schtum, lack of communication blah blah blah, he can't win in this situation.
    I think he is very media savvy and is clearly playing the game and trying to appease his boss and the fans.
    I for one will only criticise him for results, he can talk as much shite as he likes if by 2pm 30th April we are in 6th place.
    Say it again, he can be a Trappist monk or have tourettes if we win games consistently but to trot out the same excuse in two different windows for two different clubs is a tad embarrassing.
    Hence the media savvy comment and appeasement, he played the same game in both interviews
  • Options

BA and Muldoon released

Thank god that Ba has gone now and we're no longer paying his wages

Said it yesterday but couldnt understand why Muldoon was still here, lad needs to go elsewhere for his career