Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    He's going to have to keep selling players, because he ain't getting any more dosh out of me, glad I got out of Valley gold, first Lookman, now Fox, don't blame the players for going, who would want to play for this toxic club long term, when the owners only ambition is an experiment.

Buy hey, who gives a fig what the fans think anymore.
  • An ultimately depressing article.
    We should be still in the Championship looking upwards with Lookman and Gomez helping us on.
    But now selling outstanding talent is just a given as we sink into being a third tier perenniel under our visionary leader.
  • He's going to have to keep selling players, because he ain't getting any more dosh out of me, glad I got out of Valley gold, first Lookman, now Fox, don't blame the players for going, who would want to play for this toxic club long term, when the owners only ambition is an experiment.

Buy hey, who gives a fig what the fans think anymore.

Ahem... I think you mean customers....?
  • I wish him all the luck in the world. For me he is the most exciting player we have had in recent times.

However I can't help but think this is all happening a bit early for him. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Wife just said what school does he go to
  • Koeman is moaning how he needs more players

Gutted for him.
    Was talking to a Chelsea fan day after lost to spurs he started moaning, he shut up when i said swop you top of premiership for mid table league 1

Don't tell Roland, he'll be salavating!
  • vff said:

Posting without reading whole thread

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-could-profit-from-ademola-lookman-10m-everton-move-again-after-agreeing-sell-on-clause-a3433856.html

Good luck to Adeola Lookman. Everton is a good place for a young player to develop. Good fee, add ons and sell on.

I am sceptical about how much money will be made available for team building. It is likely that Duchatelet is deluded & arrogant enough to think he deserves to draw some profit for sharing his genius strategy & footballing insight with Charlton. Duchatelet is all about the money at the end of the day.

Really, who the hell is Katrien Meire kidding with that statement.

“Our intention was not to sell Ademola, we are very sad to see him go and our long-term ambition is that we get ourselves into a position where our talented young players, even when there is interest from Premier League clubs, want to stay with us.”

The whole Duchatelet strategy is based on selling on young players and players developed from the Academy.

(Also players that have shown potential, that have gone off track, and may get back on it, Makienok, Watt, Foster - Caskey etc , or players from an undervalued market that have a sell on).

For Meire to try and spin this that Duchatelet & Charlton are not a selling club and that this is not a part of the strategy, shows the level of disrespect that Meire has for Charlton supporters. Worse still, Meire tries to pin the desire to move on Lookman themselves. Utter disingenous bullshit.

A large part of Charlton supporters & football supporters are not thick idiots that are not able to see the evidence in front of their eyes and can join the dots between all the public pronouncements & actions taken. Football supporters are able to suspend disbelief and can live off hope. Even when, 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go, if there is quality on the pitch & fight in the team, I still hold onto belief that Charlton can stage a miraculous fightback. That does not mean that I can do that, that I will believe the lies, half truths and PR bullshit that that Meire & the club come out with.

Young players sold on so far Poyet, Gomes, Holmes-Dennis, Pope, Harriott, Cousins and now Lookman. Fox soon. Aribo & Konsa the next ones of the Valley show case shop window. Spare the 'we want the players to remain at the club' and that there is any genuine sense of team building.

Duchatelet does not understand football supporters, we are children, are not very bright, a unchanging variable in the equation, only best to make comments on the number of chips and the serving of the beer. Such high faluting and complex things as running of the team or how the club runs is beyond us according to Duchatelet. Any of us, not in agreement, are stupid, misinformed or misled by 1 or 2 agitators with grudges. It drives Duchaltelet to distraction when people don't do exactly what he wants or behave in the prescribed away.

This attitude spins right to down to Meire, who feels that she can come out with totally disingenous / bullshit statements. The worst thing is that she did not need to make that statement. Meire would be best off, putting all of her public statements, through the new PR Pitch contact person as she really knows how to get people's backs up and put her foot in it, more or less everytime that she opens her mouth.

In any case, best of luck to Adeola Lookman and I hope he has a really successful time at Everton.

Squirrel face must think we are as stupid as she is.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://t.co/dT4hEFUkVh
    Another article about him.
  • Cheers for the link.
  • Just talking about Everton now on talk sport. I must admit I wasn't paying too much attention but I thought the guy said he's seen him play once for Bolton; and that he's heard he's got pace but let's hope he's got more than that or he will fade away.
  • Piece in yesterday's 'Times' .. the 'mini crisis' at Everton .. the article's author suggested that Lookman was not particularly wanted by Koeman and was signed at the instigation of Steve Walsh the new director of football who recently joined from Leicester where he 'found' Kante, Mahrez, Vardy etc. etc.

Koeman does not seem too happy at having players brought into the club seemingly without his say so

• Piece in yesterday's 'Times' .. the 'mini crisis' at Everton .. the article's author suggested that Lookman was not particularly wanted by Koeman and was signed at the instigation of Steve Walsh the new director of football who recently joined from Leicester where he 'found' Kante, Mahrez, Vardy etc. etc.

Koeman does not seem too happy at having players brought into the club seemingly without his say so

Sounds like another club I know...
  • edited January 2017
    Koeman confirmed today in press conference that Lookman may feature this weekend (against Man City I think).
  • I expect he'll be on the bench, it's live on Sky
  • Great article, I Like that KR took him to watch Spurs, nice touch.

Where did you pick up KR took him to SPurs?
  • Great article, I Like that KR took him to watch Spurs, nice touch.

Where did you pick up KR took him to SPurs?
    KR took Lookman to see Spurs play at Wembley, it's in the linked article above.

• Sponsored links:

• On the bench today for the game against City - GL

Buying an England U19/20 international for £9-11m is a bit different than plucking unknowns out of nowhere though, even in the wacky world of modern day transfer fees!
  • On the bench today for the game against City - GL

He still hasn't fully recovered from the illness he had a few weeks ago
  • 2-0 to Everton, if it stays like that he may get a run out in the last few minutes.
  • 3-0 now. Cracking player that Davies looks
  • Just come on
  • Just come on