Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale (Away) Re-arranged Tues 7th February (ed. Sat 18th Feb now)

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
Charlton’s league fixture against Rochdale at the Crown Oil Arena has been rearranged for Tuesday, February 7th (7.45pm).

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-rochdale-rearranged-fixture-date-3489261.aspx#kzYL7okswPWUJzOO.99

This means we are playing 7 games in February. Playing every Saturday and Tues except for Tuesday 21st. I hope the weather is not bad otherwise we will have a fixture pile up, at the back end of the season. I bet at least one of the away game will be postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Comments

• feck it .. I've booked a Lancs hotel for w/e 7/1 .. I'll just have to go exploring downtown Rochdale, supposedly the birthplace of the English Co-op movement ((:>)
  • Remember one year in League One not long ago when this fixture got re-arranged about three times before the match went ahead because of FA Cup commitments (I think) and bad weather... see the same thing happening here
  • feck it .. I've booked a Lancs hotel for w/e 7/1 .. I'll just have to go exploring downtown Rochdale, supposedly the birthplace of the English Co-op movement ((:>)

Rebook-it.
  • Sadly, we'll be giving this one a miss plus several following games as Mr F will be having his prostate removed on the 8th.

I've signed up for Player so at least will keep in touch with things.
  • I lost a good friend who came from Rochdale, he loved Dale and every time we play I raise a glass, our 5-1 cup win over them remains a fantastic memory and sparked a truly monumental booze up, can't wait to have a beer at spotland.
  • edited December 2016

Remember one year in League One not long ago when this fixture got re-arranged about three times before the match went ahead because of FA Cup commitments (I think) and bad weather... see the same thing happening here

Please don't upset me, I never made it in the end.
  • Remember one year in League One not long ago when this fixture got re-arranged about three times before the match went ahead because of FA Cup commitments (I think) and bad weather... see the same thing happening here

Please don't upset me.
    Rochdale away, probably the best away you can do.

Please don't upset me.
    It's so upsetting I forgot the story, but it's something like this I think.

Had train tickets for the first game.
    We were on the train for the second game up when it was cancelled again.
    Spent too much money on it but so was banned from going and then all me mates met Mark Stuart in the pub.
    The every time we have played them since I had another baby the week before or expecting one to drop.
    Then this season it got put back as they went through to the next round and to wind me up even more, we didn't.
    It will never happen.
  • Sponsored links:

Please don't upset me.
    It's so upsetting I forgot the story, but it's something like this I think.

Had train tickets for the first game.
    We were on the train for the second game up when it was cancelled again.
    Spent too much money on it but so was banned from going and then all me mates met Mark Stuart in the pub.
    The every time we have played them since I had another baby the week before or expecting one to drop.
    Then this season it got put back as they went through to the next round and to wind me up even more, we didn't.
    It will never happen.
    Had train tickets for the first of the recent games, booked 3 months in advanced. Then, had an operation on my ankle the week before and missed the game. The following season had train tickets booked and then had another operation on the same ankle.

Will probably drive up and back on the day for this one.
  • Rochdale away on a tuesday in Feb, football doesn't come much more glamorous than that.
  • Don't be too hasty in booking this up, as Rochdale are through to the next round of the FA Cup, should their match end in a draw then the replay would be the week commencing 6th February.

Rebook-it.
    already done bwana ((:>)
  • Sadly, we'll be giving this one a miss plus several following games as Mr F will be having his prostate removed on the 8th.

all the very best to Mr F
  • Dansk_Red said:

Don't be too hasty in booking this up, as Rochdale are through to the next round of the FA Cup, should their match end in a draw then the replay would be the week commencing 6th February.

f f s !!
  • They'll get Bolton or Palace then.

all the very best to Mr F
    From me too.
  • Drawn a home tie against Huddersfield, good bet for a draw and a replay on the 7th.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm up in Lancaster on 7th and 8th and only over an hour and half away by train via Wigan. Downside is the ground is quite a distance away from the station which will make getting back to Lancaster a bit if a challenge.
  • Will there be tickets available on the day?
  • edited January 2017

Will there be tickets available on the day?

game might not be on this date now.

Think its very poor from the club to be honest all the fans who may have paid for travel and or hotels.

Think its very poor from the club to be honest all the fans who may have paid for travel and or hotels.
    Hard one but I think the club are right to ask for a Saturday game.

Would help Rochdale too as a bigger gate.

Also think it is good comms to say they have asked so people are aware it might move.

Might go if it is a Saturday as never been to Spotland. Might even buy my own ticket : - )
  • Will be really pissed off if it's moved.
  • 7th Rochdale away
    14th Oldham away
    28th Shrewsbury away

a real month for the die hards with those midweek trips

Hard one but I think the club are right to ask for a Saturday game.

Would help Rochdale too as a bigger gate.

Also think it is good comms to say they have asked so people are aware it might move.

Might go if it is a Saturday as never been to Spotland. Might even buy my own ticket : - )
    I do sort of understand the movement and many will benefit from it getting moved but cant help feel there should be a rule in place regarding moving so close to the fixture to protect fans.
  • I would imagine we want it moved as the squad could then stay up there all week instead of traveling down and back up again, Oldham and Rochdale are only 20mins from eachother
  • Brilliant news. It will give our 4 new signings additional time to blend into the squad.