Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Early inroads for Kent, Somerset 19/2 after 3.3
  • Options
    Don't count chickens, didn't Slurrey have them five down early on and still lost....
  • Options
    Just got an email from Kent offering me a celebratory discount to mark Alex Blake's ton. Their marketing team is certainly quick off the mark, I'll give them that!
  • Options
    Not sure exactly what we were after 20 overs but they must be about 20 runs ahead of what we were at this stage. However it was our 4th and 5th wicket that took us to our total where we scored 181 off 16 overs. That is over 11 an over. need to get a wicket or 2 soon though.
  • Options
    Wicket for Tredders - Somerset 127/3

Somerset require another 226 runs with 7 wickets and 28.2 overs remaining, Required RR 7.97
  • Options
    redman said:

Not sure exactly what we were after 20 overs but they must be about 20 runs ahead of what we were at this stage. However it was our 4th and 5th wicket that took us to our total where we scored 181 off 16 overs. That is over 11 an over. need to get a wicket or 2 soon though.

After 20 ovs:

Kent 91/1
    Somerset 122/2
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Just got an email from Kent offering me a celebratory discount to mark Alex Blake's ton. Their marketing team is certainly quick off the mark, I'll give them that!

I got that as well. Disappointing that there's no special deal if you buy tickets for 7 matches, called a Blake's 7.
  • Options
    desperately need another wicket now
  • Options
    I think we cursed Stevens by voting for him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got a feeling this will be a close one.
  • Options
    Hildreth gone for 64, Trego still there though on 111.
  • Options
    267-4 off 38.3. Need 86 off 11 and a half overs...
  • Options
    need to keep taking wickets or this is going to prove a doddle
  • Options
    We're concentrating on the 4 day game anyway. ;-)
  • Options
    Somerset need 38 from 36 balls, five wickets in hand.
  • Options
    Some chase this. If we were going to do poorly in one competition this season I would want it to be this one...
  • Options
    Sounds like a nightmare for our bowlers today !

I missed what happened to Parnell ....

If it's anything like Charlton's luck with injuries, we won't see him again this season.
  • Options
    Harris gets a wicket. 337-6.

16 from 26 balls needed.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Somerset win by 4 wickets. 15 balls to spare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ball bags
  • Options
    some of that early season optimism fading
  • Options
    In the end not even close. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Slurrey lose to Essex after they had them 128-7.
  • Options

Somerset win by 4 wickets. 15 balls to spare.

Oh no, celebratory discount withdrawn again?
  • Options

Slurrey lose to Essex after they had them 128-7.

44no by Harmer, yet another Kolpak Safer...
  • Options
    That's a bit worrying for the guy, I can't imagine the high intensity nature of fast bowling is good for you if you have heart problem
  • Options

Kent have just announced that U14 squad for the summer and Seb has made it. The news is somewhat tainted by the fact that his best mate at Bexley, who has been on this journey with him for the last four years, hasn't made it. We and the Club will do our best to pick the boy up and I'm sure that he will come back a stronger and better player as a result.

It's the side of sport that is seen every season at football clubs when a teenager is released and the boy or girl feels that he has failed in some way - when the reality is that not many actually get to achieve what they have achieved.

Well done young Seb.