Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Well done Seb.
  • Yep, well done. Play straight, stay low, hit the rubbish
  • Great stuff, Seb !

Have a fantastic season.
  • Some bad news in addition to the doubt about Parnell - Harris has been recalled by Middlesex.
  • Some bad news in addition to the doubt about Parnell - Harris has been recalled by Middlesex.

Luckily (in terms of the country championship) we've already got a big stash of points in the bag...
  • Kent have just announced that U14 squad for the summer and Seb has made it. The news is somewhat tainted by the fact that his best mate at Bexley, who has been on this journey with him for the last four years, hasn't made it. We and the Club will do our best to pick the boy up and I'm sure that he will come back a stronger and better player as a result.

It's the side of sport that is seen every season at football clubs when a teenager is released and the boy or girl feels that he has failed in some way - when the reality is that not many actually get to achieve what they have achieved.

Congrats to Seb, shame his joy was dampened by his friend's non-selection (only temporary, we hope).
  • edited May 2017
    Relax, Kent fans, the rabbits are coming to Canterbury on Friday and to Tunbridge Wells over the next bank holiday. I sometimes wonder if Roland has bought into Sussex.

Of course, if he bought into Middlesex, the chants of "we want Roland out" might get cause Toby to leave.
  • Kent 300-6 off 47 overs. Not quite so many as last match but hopefully enough this time. Any 100 by DBD and Blake still there on 55 off 36 balls.
  • edited May 2017
    Sussex need 73 off 48 balls. Evans is 86 not out and Finch 60 not out. Makes them favourites I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think this is our competition this season.
  • After utter humiliation in the County Championship game against you chaps, I might have an extra glass of red wine tonight.
  • Very disappointing, Claydon and Coles got some serious treatment, both going for 9 an over, when Tredders went at less than 4
  • ROLAND OUT!!!
  • After utter humiliation in the County Championship game against you chaps, I might have an extra glass of red wine tonight.

As if you needed an excuse to!

As if you needed an excuse to!
    Well, I agree. After the County Championship defeat, I think I needed several glasses to get over it. :smile:
  • Good win for the lads today against Middx.
  • Bowled out for 200 had to fear the worst so didn't post !!

But to then skittle them out for 154 was unexpected. Turning point - we are gonna win it now !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Away to Gloucs.
    Kent win toss and elect to field.

Kent
    Daniel Bell-Drummond
    Joe Denly
    Sam Northeast(c)
    Sean Dickson
    Darren Stevens
    Alex Blake
    Adam Rouse(wk)
    Matt Coles
    James Tredwell
    James Harris
    Charlie Hartley
  • dont know much about Charlie Hartley.

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39857312

Surprised Billings isn't playing, seeing that he's avilable
  • MrOneLung said:

dont know much about Charlie Hartley.

He's interesting because he's actually performed as well, if not better, in county one day matches as he has in club cricket:

dartford.play-cricket.com/website/player_stats_widget/batting_stats/1756279?rule_type_id=179

He's economy rate for Dartford last season in the Kent Premier League was 5.60 but in the 4 limited overs games he played for Kent it was 4.97

I think perhaps the Kent management are sending a message to both Billings and Rouse - Billings leaves again on Monday and whilst he is a better batsman than Rouse, is it worth disrupting the team unit for a player who won't be available in the foreseeable future?
  • Glos 49-1 off 13.2

I think perhaps the Kent management are sending a message to both Billings and Rouse - Billings leaves again on Monday and whilst he is a better batsman than Rouse, is it worth disrupting the team unit for a player who won't be available in the foreseeable future?
    Incidentally how do player contracts work with things like the IPL, as they're outside the ECB, central contracts etc?

Do they take unpaid leave, are clubs like Kent compensated by the IPL clubs for their missing players?
  • 97-1 off 21.0

could be chasing a big score....

Incidentally how do player contracts work with things like the IPL, as they're outside the ECB, central contracts etc?

Do they take unpaid leave, are clubs like Kent compensated by the IPL clubs for their missing players?
    Here's the answer (well sort of anyway):

The terms and conditions of central contracts, which were renegotiated by the Professional Cricketers’ Association last August, introduced separate deals for Test and white-ball players. Those on Test contracts, such as Stokes and Joe Root, will lose 0.5 percent of their England salary, thought to be about £700,000, every day they are on IPL duty.
    Those on the lower white-ball contracts will be docked 1 percent of the value of their one day central contract which matches their county deal, going down to 0.7 per cent per day after 21 days. Those contracts will be lower, meaning England’s bigger stars on the higher Test contracts will be deducted more money to play in India.
    The deduction is to fund payments from the ECB to compensate the counties for the fact their player is unavailable at a time when he could be playing domestic cricket. The money will be split among the counties and paid as top-up grants for their academies.

Glad you asked now aren't you MOL!