Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My favourite toy

Comments

• Options

My mate Rohan had one of these. I loved it

I know that feeling.

Bet Rohan went to Florida every year whilst you spent a wet week on the isle of Wight?
    We went Abbey Wood campsite

...for the day

Luxury. You were lucky to have a tent.
    We sat in the car outside!
  • Options
    ....a car me dad ' borrowed' for the day
  • Options
    Did anyone else have any of this?

I had stacks of it and it was great fun. I never knew anyone else who did, though. My mum bought a job lot of it second-hand at an auction. If you look carefully at the picture you'll see that there are metal rods sticking up from the base; these hold the bricks in place. At some point in time, the powers that be declared that it was not best practice to have children's toys consisting of rows of upright metal spikes and it got withdrawn from the market. That explains why even in the seventies, when the likes of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris were considered safe around children, my mates never had the pleasure of owning their own Bayko set. It's health and safety gone mad!
  • Options
    Stig said:

I had stacks of it and it was great fun. I never knew anyone else who did, though. My mum bought a job lot of it second-hand at an auction. If you look carefully at the picture you'll see that there are metal rods sticking up from the base; these hold the bricks in place. At some point in time, the powers that be declared that it was not best practice to have children's toys consisting of rows of upright metal spikes and it got withdrawn from the market. That explains why even in the seventies, when the likes of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris were considered safe around children, my mates never had the pleasure of owning their own Bayko set. It's health and safety gone mad!

My brother had LEGO, I had Betta Builda. I was so jealous.
  • Options
    Stig said:

@cabbles is moving in there next week :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Great fun. F*****g blisters though!!

The game Crossfire that is!!
  • Options
    All we ever needed as kids round our way :smile:image
  • Options
    Loved this. c1980.
  • Options
    Atari 2600 with the adventure and pitfall games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played a lot on concrete so needed these
  • Options

Spent the Weekend round my Nan and Grandad once and they gave me one of these.

They lived in a flat so couldnt play with it until I got home... When I did I ran straight outside, kicked it the length of the garden (it wasnt the biggest, nor the smallest) which resulted in the ball hitting the fence and finding a single nail sticking out... Popped instantly!!
  • Options

Spent the Weekend round my Nan and Grandad once and they gave me one of these.

They lived in a flat so couldnt play with it until I got home... When I did I ran straight outside, kicked it the length of the garden (it wasnt the biggest, nor the smallest) which resulted in the ball hitting the fence and finding a single nail sticking out... Popped instantly!!
    I had one too but really wanted one of these:

• Options
    Ben18 said:

Good shout. They've brought back some memories

I was also partial to
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Great microphone
  • Options

Looks like Mick Jagger hiding in a drainpipe

Brilliant!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Never been a big hockey fan, but spent countless hours playing this game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Never been a big hockey fan, but spent countless hours playing this game.

Blimey that brings back memories as I had that!!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Funny looking torch!
  • Options

Played a lot on concrete so needed these

Can still remember the pain of one of those bar stewards on the thigh on a freezing cold day.
  • Options
    Used to love playing this as well

• Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimage