Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Meadows 24.5.1987 - 11.1.2017 (Minutes Applause, 29th Minute on Saturday)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Pure class from Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Great club
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

It is indeed an incredible gesture which I only found out about yesterday when returning from Tamworth following Liam's funeral on Monday.

Many thanks for all your kind comments & thoughts which are very much appreciated during these darkest of days.

I know the "Charlton family" won't let Liam down on the 29th minute & I hope you will also do him proud by singing "Valley Floyd Road" sometime during the match as Liam was part of the Covered End Choir & this would also mean SO much.

This is all I can ask for my dearly departed & much loved son who I desperately miss with all my heart so many thanks to you all in advance xx

I've been doing a lot of thinking about you and your family. So, so sad and I wish you all the best in the months and years to come. Stay strong
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sam lloyd said:

It is indeed an incredible gesture which I only found out about yesterday when returning from Tamworth following Liam's funeral on Monday.

Many thanks for all your kind comments & thoughts which are very much appreciated during these darkest of days.

I know the "Charlton family" won't let Liam down on the 29th minute & I hope you will also do him proud by singing "Valley Floyd Road" sometime during the match as Liam was part of the Covered End Choir & this would also mean SO much.

This is all I can ask for my dearly departed & much loved son who I desperately miss with all my heart so many thanks to you all in advance xx

I think it would be so special if the Covered End Choir could lead a rendition of "Valley Floyd Road" right after the minute's applause.

If anyone on here has the influence, please, please consider it. I have heard the Vicar denied it at Liam's Funeral. #singitforLiam
  • Options
    Major said:

Sam lloyd said:

I think it would be so special if the Covered End Choir could lead a rendition of "Valley Floyd Road" right after the minute's applause.

If anyone on here has the influence, please, please consider it. I have heard the Vicar denied it at Liam's Funeral. #singitforLiam
    This is true Major & if your suggestion could be carried out it would certainly put right a wrong & would give me a lot of peace for something which was denied me at my son's funeral.
  • Options
    HI Sam, I see Ketts has also mentioned the idea of singing after the applause, so hopefully it will get out there.
  • Options
    Lets hope so Major as I would REALLY like this to happen & therefore I hope the "Charlton Family" will grant me my one final wish for Liam #pleasemakeithappen x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://t.co/AhLZuU8IHJ
    Fair play to CAFC.
  • Options
    Just puts everything that has happened with the club in the last couple of years into total perspective.

My thoughts are with Liam's wife, his family and friends. Also with his young daughter who will be too young to have any memories of her father. Just too sad.
  • Options
    God bless Liam.

I shall also be thinking of the lovely @red_murph who was a big part of this website for years.

Rest in peace lads.

X
  • Options
    It is, makes my heart ache and I can't imagine what his family are going through.
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

Lets hope so Major as I would REALLY like this to happen & therefore I hope the "Charlton Family" will grant me my one final wish for Liam #pleasemakeithappen x

Will rise at 5am here in The South Pacific. Will ensure I stand and applaud for a minute at 5.29am. X
  • Options
    masicat said:

Sam lloyd said:

Will rise at 5am here in The South Pacific. Will ensure I stand and applaud for a minute at 5.29am. X
    I will do the same here in Oregon at 7:29am.

SL my thoughts have been with you and your family many times over the last couple weeks. Liam was only a year younger than me and I can't begin to imagine how my parents would deal with my passing. Please know that you have all on my love and thoughts and prayers, and my admiration as well for being able to come on here and talk about your son. I can only imagine that Liam would be tremendously proud.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Just got this from a Fleetwood mate, hope you can read it.

Such a lovely sentiment. Andy Pilley continuing as not only a good chairman, but far more importantly one of the most decent human beings in football.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    Brought a tear to my eye reading when the Charlton family (and Fleetwood) come together like this. Can't be there today but Charlton fans won't let you down.
  • Options

Just puts everything that has happened with the club in the last couple of years into total perspective.

My thoughts are with Liam's wife, his family and friends. Also with his young daughter who will be too young to have any memories of her father. Just too sad.

Thank you so much @AddickFC81 your thoughts are much appreciated. Liam has left behind his 15 month old Son, my Grandson Louie, but we will all ensure that his memory lives on x
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

masicat said:

Sam lloyd said:

I will do the same here in Oregon at 7:29am.

SL my thoughts have been with you and your family many times over the last couple weeks. Liam was only a year younger than me and I can't begin to imagine how my parents would deal with my passing. Please know that you have all on my love and thoughts and prayers, and my admiration as well for being able to come on here and talk about your son. I can only imagine that Liam would be tremendously proud.
    Thank you so very much for your kind words & thoughts @SDAddick they are VERY much appreciated. Liam was part of the "Covered End Choir" so today will be a very emotional but proud one for us all & Liam would've loved it as CAFC meant so much to him x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Sam, I won't be at the match today but my thoughts will be with you and Liam's family at 3:29.
    Rest In Peace Liam.
  • Options
    Condolences on your sad loss.
    Nice gesture from all at the two clubs.
    So sad to hear far too young.
  • Options
    Nice to see the stewards joining in and a good rendition of VFR.
  • Options
    The Floyd Road put a lump in my throat. RIP Liam lad.

Charlton fans = class
  • Options
    Excellent stuff from both sets of fans.
  • Options
    robroy said:

The Floyd Road put a lump in my throat. RIP Liam lad.

Charlton fans = class

Agreed - R.I.P.