Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page and Jason Pearce at Bromley Addicks - 2 Feb 2017

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

_MrDick said:

Thanks for the 40 people who turned up who all seemed to enjoy it.

Your crowds are dwindling as much as Charlton's
    True but those not coming anymore aren't real Bromley Addicks. I'd rather have 40 real Bromley fans than plastic moaners from Sidcup or Bexley who only want to slag off the guests and want the branch to fail.
    As a former resident of Bromley myself, would I count as a Bromley Addick if I came along?
    You're the guest at the next meeting remember.

It's free to OAPs any way but we'll make you an honory member
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    wwtone said:

Another great night for Bromley Addicks. Two really good guests with some intersting stories .

Great photo. You wouldn't want that Pearce marking you!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

JamesSeed said:

_MrDick said:

True but those not coming anymore aren't real Bromley Addicks. I'd rather have 40 real Bromley fans than plastic moaners from Sidcup or Bexley who only want to slag off the guests and want the branch to fail.
    As a former resident of Bromley myself, would I count as a Bromley Addick if I came along?
    You're the guest at the next meeting remember.

It's free to OAPs any way but we'll make you an honory member
    Be happy to be if you thought enough people would be interested. I could bring the famous JS suitcase, and a medal or two and a couple of England caps maybe?
  • Options
    Can't post a picture as I'm useless at tech, but Lewis Page or Paddy Roberts old man might have a bit of explaining to do if they're ever pictured together.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

They look so young. Especially Pearce.
    Or is it just me?
    (Go easy @Henry Irving, or I'll get a complex)
    Using your freedom pass to get to the game today Jim? : - )

Not just young but not an ounce of fat on them, even Novak
    Yet most people say Novak is overweight. I agree he didn't appear to have an ounce of fat on him, when at Bromley some months ago.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

_MrDick said:

Yes. Come along and you will be.
  • Options
    Novak is built the same way as Iwelumo, barrel chested.

Shame I haven't been able to make one o these yet, love hearing from the players in a different environment
  • Options
    That is definitely a bun @Henry Irving
  • Options
    edited February 2017

dickplumb said:

What does Barker do?

Not entirely sure, but Robinson makes the decisions and plans the tactics and the other coaches implement his plans.

The coaches may of course hatch the plans in discussions that the players are not party to.
    There will be a coaches meeting to discuss the next opponents and tactics, with the Chief Scout or scout who last watched the next opposition involved. The manager will then have the confidence of his coaching team, when he delivers the team talk or goes through the opposition set plays. A confident manager that covers all bases, with attention to details, will give the dressing room confidence.

Some very good questions and a very good write up. It's always interesting to know how the coaching team works, whether it's manager dominated or more of a collective effort. (In the future, ask how long for and when they work on opposition set plays and how much we practice ours).
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Looking forward to seeing Jason Pearce back in the side. IMO he is our best defender and one of our most vital players in the team alongside, Rudd and Josh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looking forward to seeing Jason Pearce back in the side. IMO he is our best defender and one of our most vital players in the team alongside, Rudd and Josh.

Agreed, we're looking very vulnerable in the air at the moment
  • Options

cheers, good write up.

is it just me, but I wouldn't have recognised either of the two lads if they were stood next to me at the bar !

Personally I can barely recognise anyone when im propped up at the bar.