Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Samuel drops a tonne of excrement on Katrien Meire in The Mail...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:

LenGlover said:

Marina Hyde references Meire as a candidate in this piece, although she doesn't hit her hard.

"Even the news of another female board member has not been met with universal delight. As is so often the case with diversity drives, some people have agreed the FA does need more women, but just not the woman or women that have been suggested. In this case, one of the names doing the rounds for a board seat is Katrien Meire, who has faced a sustained fan insurrection at Charlton and seen the club relegated on her watch. The general arguments against Meire can be summarised by “yes to women – but not just ANY useless woman”."

Could have been more forthright I suppose, but it's without doubt another shot across her bows.
    P'raps as Curbs would say but this is her next paragraph:

......"And yet, really? I do hate to rain on a men’s march, but I can imagine very few exceptions in which someone – anyone – lacking a Y chromosome could lower the FA quality of service. Honestly, if she’s not underage, Katie Hopkins or doing a 10-stretch, what’s the problem? How could it possibly be worse?"......

I read that as a vote for ignoring Charlton fans in the interests of 'diversity' or whatever the PC buzzword is at the moment.

P'raps her article was written before the statement by WAR 'men's march' as she puts it.
    I too read the entire article and didn't get the same vibe that you did. I think she really does disapprove of Pussy Galore.
    She seems to be making the point that you could pick anyone from the street for the role and they couldn't really be any worse than what's on the FA board right now...she obviously hasn't met Katrien.
    Technically you could randomly select Katrien from the street, although if it was on a Saturday you'd need to do it after 1pm
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Nug said:

LenGlover said:

Marina Hyde references Meire as a candidate in this piece, although she doesn't hit her hard.

"Even the news of another female board member has not been met with universal delight. As is so often the case with diversity drives, some people have agreed the FA does need more women, but just not the woman or women that have been suggested. In this case, one of the names doing the rounds for a board seat is Katrien Meire, who has faced a sustained fan insurrection at Charlton and seen the club relegated on her watch. The general arguments against Meire can be summarised by “yes to women – but not just ANY useless woman”."

Could have been more forthright I suppose, but it's without doubt another shot across her bows.

......"And yet, really? I do hate to rain on a men’s march, but I can imagine very few exceptions in which someone – anyone – lacking a Y chromosome could lower the FA quality of service. Honestly, if she’s not underage, Katie Hopkins or doing a 10-stretch, what’s the problem? How could it possibly be worse?"......

I read that as a vote for ignoring Charlton fans in the interests of 'diversity' or whatever the PC buzzword is at the moment.

P'raps her article was written before the statement by WAR 'men's march' as she puts it.
    I too read the entire article and didn't get the same vibe that you did. I think she really does disapprove of Pussy Galore.
    She seems to be making the point that you could pick anyone from the street for the role and they couldn't really be any worse than what's on the FA board right now...she obviously hasn't met Katrien.
    Technically you could randomly select Katrien from the street, although if it was on a Saturday you'd need to do it after 1pm
    Didn't realise she had a second profession
  • Options

Addicted said:

Nug said:

LenGlover said:

Didn't realise she had a second profession
    Squirrel face is probably useless at that as well.
  • Options

Sent an email to the FA explaining the general opinion 98% of fans have of her, with a list of the stellar work she has done for the club. They will reply within 5 working days, I am looking forward to the reply.

See which one they go for, I've just sent her best reference/cv I've ever read. By the time I got to the end I believe I would employ her myself, it was that convincing. ;)