Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options

A very pleasant day was had yesterday.
    Hartley Wintney strolled to a 4-0 win against Folland Sports to win the Hampshire Invitational Cup in front of a very respectable crowd of around 250.

• Options

Cock.
  • Options
    Is Tottenhams new stadium classed as a new ground or not as its on the same site but with the pitch turned round.
  • Options

Football is back!
    Sungate v Basildon Town today.  This is Step 7 in the Essex Olympian League. Public grounds allow supporters, private grounds do not, officially. This game was staged at Ilford Wanderers rugby club over in Hainault.
    A crowd of around 20 watched a 1-1 draw.  With no tea bar facilities available until next Saturday we had to make sure our clothes kept us warm.
    @ElfsborgAddick only just seen you got to see Basildon Town, even though it was not at their home ground. You will always be welcome over the Basildon Sports and Leisure Club for a home game, been quite an atmosphere since lockdown restrictions were lifted with quite a number over there. I played for Town for 20 years and have been treasurer for some while.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Is Tottenhams new stadium classed as a new ground or not as its on the same site but with the pitch turned round.
    Pitch is same orientation but in a different place (sorry to be pedantic). I think the answer is - ask the fans, its a redevelopment of the same ground and is still White Hart Lane, ask the owners and its a new ground with a new identity where naming rights can be sold to the highest bidder.

If a (hypothetical) redevelopment of The Valley saw us shift the pitch 50 yards and rebuild the stands, it would still be The Valley. You'd still walk down Floyd Road to Harvey Gardens. 
  • Options

Football is back!
    Sungate v Basildon Town today.  This is Step 7 in the Essex Olympian League. Public grounds allow supporters, private grounds do not, officially. This game was staged at Ilford Wanderers rugby club over in Hainault.
    A crowd of around 20 watched a 1-1 draw.  With no tea bar facilities available until next Saturday we had to make sure our clothes kept us warm.
    @ElfsborgAddick only just seen you got to see Basildon Town, even though it was not at their home ground. You will always be welcome over the Basildon Sports and Leisure Club for a home game, been quite an atmosphere since lockdown restrictions were lifted with quite a number over there. I played for Town for 20 years and have been treasurer for some while.
    Yes, my mate said there was a reunion organised for once restrictions were relaxed. 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Pitch is same orientation but in a different place (sorry to be pedantic). I think the answer is - ask the fans, its a redevelopment of the same ground and is still White Hart Lane, ask the owners and its a new ground with a new identity where naming rights can be sold to the highest bidder.

If a (hypothetical) redevelopment of The Valley saw us shift the pitch 50 yards and rebuild the stands, it would still be The Valley. You'd still walk down Floyd Road to Harvey Gardens. 
    Correct, the old away end is on the new centre circle'ish.
  • Options
    Thanks for setting my mind at rest.

• Options
    Acab said:
    Thanks for setting my mind at rest.

Sleep easier now big man :)
  • Options

Yesterday was a pre-season friendly between Stotfold and (my favourite non-league side)Biggleswade.
    A healthy crowd of around 200 saw Biggleswade win 1-0.
    This is the second season for Stotfold playing in their new stadium.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    91/92 Current League Grounds. Only Morecambe left

I'll be staying in Lancaster in November, looking at hotels now.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think the mods should do a count of how many threads have turned into elfs/Otto & Blackpool72s bar orders

I don't take bar orders.
  • Options

Risborough Rangers v Broadfields ended up a very one sided 7-0 to the home side in this Spartan South Midlands League game.
    A cracking little ground adjacent to the local cricket club if you got bored with the football.
  • Options

Yesterday was a pre-season friendly between Stotfold and (my favourite non-league side)Biggleswade.

Nice ground that, 2 mins from my house 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Nice ground that, 2 mins from my house 

If I'd known you could have picked us up from the station.
  • Options

Both keepers had a blinder otherwise there would have 3 or 4 goals today.

• Options

Stop this - take your wife out one day instead. 
  • Options

Haha
    I still find it fascinating you do all these trips elf.
    It's pretty cool to have such dedication to a hobby so respect for that. 
  • Options

She came with me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hope you took your own transport, that one would have been an absolute bugger to get to otherwise.
  • Options

An Essex Senior League match from yesterday, Clacton v Sawbridgeworth(from Hertfordshire!!!!).
    Clacton won 3-1, a game which was hoof ball and niggle in the first half, but the second half the two teams decided to play football.
    This is a cracking quirky ground well worth a visit.
    Clacton is not much to write home about.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly that's right next to Clacton airfield, isn't it?
  • Options
    Went to Tonbridge Angels v Hampton & Richmond Borough yesterday, nice little ground. Tonbridge is great for pubs too.

• Options
    Stig said:
    If I remember correctly that's right next to Clacton airfield, isn't it?

On the door step I believe.
    Should have flown from Biggin Hill, it would have been a lot quicker than using the choo choo.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Went to Tonbridge Angels v Hampton & Richmond Borough yesterday, nice little ground. Tonbridge is great for pubs too.

Pitch is in cracking condition.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Pitch is in cracking condition.
    Yeah it was really good, that picture was taken near the end of the match too 
  • Options
    Two new grounds for me .....

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Two new grounds for me .....

Dorchester at the top?